Facebook    Twitter    YouTube    Instagram

The ACLU - Screwing people over since before you were born!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

The ACLU - Screwing people over since before you were born!

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/07/25/jam....ap/index.html

Okay, dig through all the sad things about the scout leaders deaths and what not. What just popped out to me is that the ACLU has sued to not let the scouts use military property anymore for their jamboree because they say the pledge of allegiance.

Civil Liberties? What a bunch of fuggin dirtballs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points

Just because of the God part right??
    I highly recommend all IronMagLabs supplements!
    www.ironmaglabs.com

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

I hate to be the first one to reply to myself, but I think its fitting they support NAMBLA.

As stated, dirtballs.

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules
    Just because of the God part right??
    Yeah, who really cares about that? Its patriotic and a part of our country. If our country had been founded on Islam it'd still be a part of our countries history. Its not though... but regardless, those fools are a waste of good unclean air.

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

What's next, you can't drive on a federal highway if you've ever been to a church.
    If sense were common, everyone would have it.

4/2007-Current 75th Ranked most popular image 1 spot behind Prince's bulge...

Check out my world famous Bob Loblaw's Law Blog at http://www.synergyhw.blogspot.com/...Just kidding, it's a health and wellness blog.

Esprit de Corps
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Mabry
    What's next, you can't drive on a federal highway if you've ever been to a church.
    No..... you just can't drive on a federal highway on your way to and from church.
    NEVER write a check with your mouth that you can't cash with your ASS!!

I can run faster mad than you can scared

"All right brain... I don't like you and you don't like me. So let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer" ~ Homer Simpson

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Thats what irks me...

I'm not really religious at all, but I dont see any reason why that should keep me from having respect for people that are religious or try to change things things that will end up having a negative impact on society just because I have different opinions. Er, that was a long and messy sentence. I'll live. Anyways, there is tradition in our nation... and we should have pride in that. There is also such a thing as doing what is right even though we dont necessarily agree with it.

Am I religious? No. Do I still say the pledge of allegiance? Of course. And people that wont and make a big deal about it, stop being douche bags and lighten up a bit. Taking away a place for boy scouts to meet and have a good time

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

aclu=liberals=homos
    Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules
    I will not kill innocents.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

The ACLU can be blamed for much of the politically correct movement in today's society. They can also be blamed for much of the mess that has wrecked our public education system.
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Metrosexual

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

The ACLU hasn't been a champion of the people for a very long time. Their goal used to be ensuring that all people received fair treatment from the government, now they're about opposing the government at all costs. No matter what is does to the common man.

Oh, and for the record, it's "freedom of religion" not "freedom from religion".

Esprit de Corps
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by topolo
    aclu=liberals=homos
    ACLU = American Criminal Lovers Union
    NEVER write a check with your mouth that you can't cash with your ASS!!

I can run faster mad than you can scared

"All right brain... I don't like you and you don't like me. So let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer" ~ Homer Simpson

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

I hate to rain on this whiny wingnut tearfest parade, but this case isn't about the pledge of allegiance (like the one spoken in schools) at all. It's about a private organization receiving taxpayer support for their particular forced religious beliefs when no other private youth organization is receiving Pentagon funding. Boy Scouts are allowed to still meet on a military base in areas designated and open for other civilian groups.

The Boy Scouts used their own membership oath as an excuse to not only exclude gays from leadership positions in the organization, but atheists as well. And when the Supreme Court upheld their right to restrict membership based on promotiing a particular religious belief, the Pentagon was spending between $6-8 million preparing the military base for each jamboree. The case is on appeal.

The case is neither about the practice of religion, or the freedom to do so. In fact, one of the plaintiffs in the case is a Methodist minister.

As for the NAMBLA reference, what an ironic comparison. One of the Boy Scouts' national directors recently pleaded guilty to receiving images of children having sex together over the internet. Naturally, he was a leading supporter of the ban on gay/atheist membership.

There has also been enough speculation about the organization's commitment to their oath to cause both an FBI investigation and a grand jury inquiry. Apparently, troops in three states were intentionally inflating their membership numbers in order to qualify for larger donations and to show more inclusiveness of racial minorities. That matter came to attention when a former Eagle scout and volunteer discovered a list of members for one program in which about 20 had the same last name: Doe. In Atlanta, membership rolls reported 20,000 African-Americans, but there were claims the actual numbers were no more than 500.

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

My beard is scratchy, ain't it Canteen Boy.
    If sense were common, everyone would have it.

4/2007-Current 75th Ranked most popular image 1 spot behind Prince's bulge...

Check out my world famous Bob Loblaw's Law Blog at http://www.synergyhw.blogspot.com/...Just kidding, it's a health and wellness blog.

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by kbm8795
    I hate to rain on this whiny wingnut tearfest parade, but this case isn't about the pledge of allegiance (like the one spoken in schools) at all. It's about a private organization receiving taxpayer support for their particular forced religious beliefs when no other private youth organization is receiving Pentagon funding. Boy Scouts are allowed to still meet on a military base in areas designated and open for other civilian groups.
    Actually, I'm glad you're back... we've been missing out on having any wingnuts around these parts lately.

There are plenty of cases where the government does things that support religions... for one allowing them to be non-profit, etc. As to receiving Pentagon funding... sure, as far as the military throwing a party for a bunch of kids, uh huh. Or is the military sending these kids home with paychecks now?

The Boy Scouts used their own membership oath as an excuse to not only exclude gays from leadership positions in the organization, but atheists as well. And when the Supreme Court upheld their right to restrict membership based on promotiing a particular religious belief, the Pentagon was spending between $6-8 million preparing the military base for each jamboree. The case is on appeal.
    Whooptidoooo... the military and the government wastes money one all kinds of stupid shit. For one, giving mentally retarded kids their own teacher. Then giving them another teacher if they are deaf that can sign. Then having a main teacher over those teachers so that they can make sure it all works out all right. As to gays and athiests... I could really give a shit. An organization should be allowed to hold ideals and stick to them. I know that doesnt necessarily fit into your world where people shouldnt be allowed to have opinions unless they fit in with your own, but businesses and what not shouldn't be forced to to follow someones political agenda. I'd feel bad for the athiests, but we athiests have long shat on "intelligent design" people and "Christians" in the sciences for so long and pulled off our own list of attrocities that its about time we got it stuck to us.

The case is neither about the practice of religion, or the freedom to do so. In fact, one of the plaintiffs in the case is a Methodist minister.
    So because someone is a minister they have to do what is right for the Church? Or do what it says in the bible? Hrmm, I believe you'd find this at odds with reality. I've known several guys that claimed to be Christian and believe in God, etc that went around attacking Christians. Of course most of those encountered were college professors.

As for the NAMBLA reference, what an ironic comparison. One of the Boy Scouts' national directors recently pleaded guilty to receiving images of children having sex together over the internet. Naturally, he was a leading supporter of the ban on gay/atheist membership.
    Yeah, and every single boy scout should pay for that shouldnt he? Or perhaps like the minister reference made earlier, just because someone is attached to an organization does not necessarily mean they are doing whats best for it. As to the last, naturally of course.

There has also been enough speculation about the organization's commitment to their oath to cause both an FBI investigation and a grand jury inquiry. Apparently, troops in three states were intentionally inflating their membership numbers in order to qualify for larger donations and to show more inclusiveness of racial minorities. That matter came to attention when a former Eagle scout and volunteer discovered a list of members for one program in which about 20 had the same last name: Doe. In Atlanta, membership rolls reported 20,000 African-Americans, but there were claims the actual numbers were no more than 500.
    Yeah, thats like 4 references you gave me there. Obviously all boy scouts and troop leaders are dirty rotten bastards and should burn in hell.

So you dig up a little dirt to try and smear the boy scouts. Which isnt too out of question for you... because you'd much rather overlook the good the organization has done and focus on the few shitty occurences. Its what you've consistently done in the past, so I wouldnt expect any different now.

Anyways, the point is that the military throwing the jamboree was good not only for the boy scouts, but for the military. It gives them PR, and on top of that it allows them to perhaps achieve those recruiting goals they have.

If any other religion has an organization such as the boy scouts that trains young kids well, teaches them respect, and betters society, then they should receive a jamboree of their own on some military base. However, if you'd like to take that away because they dont agree completely with you on your subjective opinion about the treatment of gays and athiests... then perhaps you shouldnt be spending time here arguing with me, but rather crusading around with a rope and pitch fork lynching these cretins.

Voodoo Doll
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points

that's awfly big for a bed bug.

you don't get what you wish for ~ you get what you work for