• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

not enough protein holding me back?

kenwood

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i don't think i'm get enough protein would not getting enough stop muscle growth?

Since muscle is made partly of proteins, of course. But thats a dietary question.

How much protein are you getting to start with? How much carbs? This all comes into play, because without sufficient amounts of aminos and energy, catabolism takes place.

i have no idea i don't really keep track..should i?

if i would guess.....between 20-50grams of protien and carbs i dunno

You should have a rough idea of your protein, carb and fat intake.
At 145 you should be eating at least 145 grams of protein a day...
1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight.

if i would guess.....between 20-50grams of protien and carbs i dunno

Are we talking in your post-workout shake or a single meal, because surely your not eating 20-50g A DAY?

i don't think i get very much protein

As Foreman said, 1-1.5g of proetin per pound of bodyweight. A good amount for you to shoot for would be 180g. Get this amount through consumption of lean beef, chicken breast, fish, eggs, milk as well as healthy supplementation.

IML Gear Cream!
Thats not the end of the story. As for carbs, if you don't get enough, its all bad news because when yuor body runs out of glucose from either dietary carbs or stored glycogen, it converts your dietary protein (by gluconeogenesis - i think) into glucose or catabolise muscle tissue. As you can see, carbs are just as important as protein. If I were you, I would shoot for about 360g carbs. Take note for a few weeks and adjust accordingly. Too much fat = lower carbs, not after the results you were expecting = up the carbs.

This is an easy fix. Start eating. What the hells wrong with you. A lot of people believe in 1 gram of protein for every body lb. I believe in 1.5-2 grams. Try this. Keep the fats at a reasonable pace. Have 1.5-2 grams of protein and 3 grams of complexs carbs a day. This will do it. Add good EFA's fats to your clean diet and grow.

what foods have alot of carbs&protiens and good fats

1st don't show your stupidness. Diet consist of proteins and carbs or proteins and good Fats Don't mix the three togehter.

Proteins..egg whites, lean meats and whey protein....... ECT

Carbs..Brown rice, Sweet Potatoes, Oats...... ECT

Fats... Nuts, fish caps, Ex virgin olive oil........ECT

You have three of each. Now pick three of each and get to eating.

Tough

kenwood said:

Tough Old Man said:
1st don't show your stupidness. Diet consist of proteins and carbs or proteins and good Fats Don't mix the three togehter.

Proteins..egg whites, lean meats and whey protein....... ECT

Carbs..Brown rice, Sweet Potatoes, Oats...... ECT

Fats... Nuts, fish caps, Ex virgin olive oil........ECT

You have three of each. Now pick three of each and get to eating.

Tough
Ouch

kenwood said:
Put some diet questions together and post it in the Deit area....Emma will give you all the help you need. :thumb:

lol I like how you put another 3 inches in your height as one of your summer goals

BlackDogStrut said:
lol I like how you put another 3 inches in your height as one of your summer goals

lmao I noticed that too

madds said:
Thats not the end of the story. As for carbs, if you don't get enough, its all bad news because when yuor body runs out of glucose from either dietary carbs or stored glycogen, it converts your dietary protein (by gluconeogenesis - i think) into glucose or catabolise muscle tissue. As you can see, carbs are just as important as protein. If I were you, I would shoot for about 360g carbs. Take note for a few weeks and adjust accordingly. Too much fat = lower carbs, not after the results you were expecting = up the carbs.
Carbs are just as important as protein, dont get enough, wont see any gains no matter how much protein you get.

WillisTheNewfie said:
isnt it 1-1.5 protein per LBS not pounds?
lol LBS is an abbreviation for pounds. I think you meant LBM, which is lean body mass. Some go by total lbs. or lbm.

Back