• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

12 sets per muscle group?

namvet

...rabid nationalist
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Is it a good idea for me to up my sets from 9 to 12? I've been lifting for a year and a half and I'm at a plateau, when I eat more I just put on fat. I'm wondering if I should work them even harder so I feel it for the next few days, the way I used to when I started lifting.

what are you doing now? the number of sets you are performing is going to depend on many factors including intensity and frequency of training.....need more information to give an answer.

maybe you could lower the sets and increase the intensity

namvet said:
Is it a good idea for me to up my sets from 9 to 12? I've been lifting for a year and a half and I'm at a plateau, when I eat more I just put on fat. I'm wondering if I should work them even harder so I feel it for the next few days, the way I used to when I started lifting.

Upping the number of sets is not directly ascocieted (sp.) with getting out of a plateau/gaining muscle.

number of ways to consider to break from your plateau:

1) Increase calories

2) Change diet

3) Up intensity = less rest time between sets.

4) Change rep pattern for variety.

5) change your exercises.

Look at those points and see what is wrong.
Bound to be one / more of the above.

I used to be inexperienced with training and reached a few plateaus too. The main thing which got me on the path again was upping the calories and changing my diet around.

Hope that helps namvet

What does your diet look like?

If you are prone to putting on fat, simple really ; More intensity in the gym, no need for cardio but is optional.

Shock routines - change your workout around every so often. The body adapts to what is going on very quickly and our body doesnt want to grow, it wants to stay the same. Simple answer: force it to grow. Use more weight, drop sets, forced reps, flushing sets and most importantly, change your exercises around. Change your rep ranges. If you were at 6-8 before, bust out a workout with 12-15 reps for your sets. There is no black and white answer for this. Every person 'sticks' for a different reason, so your just going to have to try things and see what works and wehat doesnt.

For us to be any more help, post up your workout and we can take it from there.

Back