• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Limited Time

rburton

The Searcher
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I live a traditional family lifestyle--I work while my wife takes care of the kids and household matters. Because I work 70+ hr./week, I perform a full body routine every seven days or so. I alternate between (A) deadlift/dip and (B) squat/underhand chin. I am 43 yr old, weigh 288# @ 17% BF. Is there anything I should do differently to enhance my training?

I would try to incorporate some cardio into your routine as well. 70+ hours a week is harsh, but you can pick up some whey and drink shakes at work to fulfill some of your protein needs.

70 hours is alot of work. I would keep my marcos in control and keep a good diet. Also some cardio like HIIT short and sweet.

rburton said:
I live a traditional family lifestyle--I work while my wife takes care of the kids and household matters. Because I work 70+ hr./week, I perform a full body routine every seven days or so. I alternate between (A) deadlift/dip and (B) squat/underhand chin. I am 43 yr old, weigh 288# @ 17% BF. Is there anything I should do differently to enhance my training?
My friend your 43 years old and you weigh 288 lbs and only have 17% B/f. Keep doing what your doing and forget this site, you don't need are help!

Tough Old Man said:
My friend your 43 years old and you weigh 288 lbs and only have 17% B/f. Keep doing what your doing and forget this site, you don't need are help!
umm thats still almost 50 lbs of body fat he's carrying around, which is why he should incorporate cardio in his brief routine.

How much total fat he has only matters with respect to his total bodyweight. 17% isn't that high for a 43 year old who doesn't work out, especially at a BW of 288. I agree with the old man (;)), but if he still wants to improve, I'd say go for it.

Tough Old Man said:

Seriously, he is either 6'8" or jacked to the hilt. You wouldn't have that much work to do, clean up the diet a tad and voila.

Rocky_B said:
umm thats still almost 50 lbs of body fat he's carrying around, which is why he should incorporate cardio in his brief routine.

We go by percentage, not total weight.

How to calculate the % exactly?‎

rburton said:

You can enhance your training by changing what you are doing. Forget about the once a week full body workout. You???d be better off purchasing a set of weights and a bench. Train at home. (I am assuming that you go to a gym?) Take 15-20 minutes every other day to train (at night or early morning) and do only two or three body parts at a time, use basic exercises, and keep your rest periods in between sets to 60-90 seconds. The training sessions will be short, intense, and more productive to boot; you will also be able to train your whole body in one week???s time. Tighten up your diet by incorporating wholesome nutritious foods and get plenty of rest.

Adding some cardio will also help (as the others have mentioned) your overall program. You can do cardio on days you don???t train and it can be performed early in the morning or later in the day. You can walk, use a bike or even do some sprints, etc.

Good luck. :thumb:

IML Gear Cream!
Mudge said:
Seriously, he is either 6'8" or jacked to the hilt. You wouldn't have that much work to do, clean up the diet a tad and voila.

I'm 6' tall and I have never used any kind of anabolic drug. I have osteoarthritis, spindyilosis (sic?), and a drop foot (which requires me to wear a brace so that I can walk). Also, I underwent a bi-level diskectomy 10 yr ago. My situation is unique, I know; however, I do strive to improve myself. Because of limited training time and health problems, I continually seek ways that will enable me to train and gain more effectively.

That's why I am posting on this board, so that I may acquire ideas that will further my training and gains. My goal is to decrease my BF to 12% (or less) during the next 12 months w/o losing any strength. Mudge, you provide tremendously useful advice on this board and I would like to know your take on my goal (i.e., how to reach it).

I agree. The problem is that we live in a small house and do not have the space for a home gym, even though we can afford one (if the space was available). Currently, we are looking for a home that will allow me to install a home gym.

furion joe said:
You can enhance your training by changing what you are doing. Forget about the once a week full body workout. You???d be better off purchasing a set of weights and a bench. Train at home. (I am assuming that you go to a gym?) Take 15-20 minutes every other day to train (at night or early morning) and do only two or three body parts at a time, use basic exercises, and keep your rest periods in between sets to 60-90 seconds. The training sessions will be short, intense, and more productive to boot; you will also be able to train your whole body in one week???s time. Tighten up your diet by incorporating wholesome nutritious foods and get plenty of rest.

Adding some cardio will also help (as the others have mentioned) your overall program. You can do cardio on days you don???t train and it can be performed early in the morning or later in the day. You can walk, use a bike or even do some sprints, etc.

Good luck. :thumb:

You calculate the weight using calipers, or to get a more exact answer, hydrostatic weighing. Calipers are pretty cheap, and so are the results. Weight might cost you quite a bit (I really have no idea), but it's considered very accurate.

Mudge said:

Mudge

Again, I have never used anabolics and my last body comp indicates that I am at 16% BF (@288lb). Why do you have difficulty accepting that a natural trainer using an abbreviated program can make gains? Also, I train every Saturday (when I can) using the following routine:

Squats/Underhand pulldown

Deadlift/Dip

BTW: I Have never used anabolics; I am nearly 44 yr.old; and family/work demands prevent me from training more frequently than every 7 days, and sometimes less frequently.

I never said it was impossible, but it being highly unlikely is a fact especially at your age. If your bodyfat measurement was accurate (different methods vary) then you are a genetic god, without question.

I never said anything about not making gains, but you weigh more than Arnold ever did even in his "soft off season state" and claim still modest bodyfat levels. Now does it make sense to you?

Hence my comment, you are either very tall OR you are a monster.

I am about 50 pounds lighter than you at the moment, and I have a 51 inch chest. If I were nearly 290 with approximately your bodyfat levels I can calculate out that I'd have 21.25-21.5" arms and about a 57 inch chest, and I'm 6'2".

A guy I work with had drop foot after a car accident but an operation fixed him right up.

Mudge said:
I never said it was impossible, but it being highly unlikely is a fact especially at your age. If your bodyfat measurement was accurate (different methods vary) then you are a genetic god, without question.

My measurements are accurate to the best of my knowledge. A physical therapist taught me how to use calipers, and when she instructed me in this skill, she measured my BF% along with me, and that was when I weighed 240#. Each time that she checked that I measured myself accurately, I had a BF% of 8 or 9 %. .

I never said anything about not making gains, but you weigh more than Arnold ever did even in his "soft off season state"

I have good genetics, I guess. To illustrate, my father is a small man who weighs 170# and was born approximately 2+ months prematurely. I have seen him toss a bale of hay with one hand/arm over over ten feet. This explains why, at least for me, why I have always had good strength and proportion for my size.

Hence my comment, you are either very tall OR you are a monster.

I am 6 ft tall, and I do not consider myself a monster.

I am about 50 pounds lighter than you at the moment, and I have a 51 inch chest. If I were nearly 290 with approximately your bodyfat levels I can calculate out that I'd have 21.25-21.5" arms and about a 57 inch chest, and I'm 6'2".

My stats do not measue up to yours; I guess my size is more evenly distributed.

A guy I work with had drop foot after a car accident but an operation fixed him right up.
[/COLOR

That's good, and I'm glad for him, because a drop foot isn't a good thing since I have to wear a leg brace because of my drop foot in order to walk.

Last edited:
Back