• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Construction Zone - Pylon's Journal V2.0

IML Gear Cream!
Archangel said:
Hope the neck gets better quickly my Friend!!! Where do you play softball at? I can hit homeruns (LOL) maybe I can come out and check ya out!!!
The neck is feeling much better today. I think I may be able to get into the gym tomorrow, but may only do cardio this week.
barf.gif

We play down in Fenton on Wed nights, usually at 6. Feel free to drop in some night!

Heya bud hows things going? Hows the new diet and everything workin out for ya?

Hurt your neck playin softball eh? What did I miss here....sorry i didn't catch it in the previous page!

DeadBolt said:
Heya bud hows things going? Hows the new diet and everything workin out for ya?

Hurt your neck playin softball eh? What did I miss here....sorry i didn't catch it in the previous page!
The new diet is really more of a lack of diet...at least it has been. I'm starting to be a little more aware of intake, but I've just kinda been eating whatever as long as it's clean and not tracking. After 8 months, I was really tired of having to count everything, but I think I'm over it. (Actually started tracking again yesterday.)

No, as much as I hate to admit it, I think I hurt my neck watching a movie. I was in my hotel Friday, and had my laptop on the desk watching a DVD, but had my feet up on a chair, so my head was turned to the left for an hour or so. Sad, ain't it?
laugh.gif

I'm feeling pretty good (neck-wise) this morning, so Iwill try to get in a w/o today, but I will probably stick to cardio just to let the neck come all the way around.

Pylon said:
The new diet is really more of a lack of diet...at least it has been. I'm starting to be a little more aware of intake, but I've just kinda been eating whatever as long as it's clean and not tracking. After 8 months, I was really tired of having to count everything, but I think I'm over it. (Actually started tracking again yesterday.)

No, as much as I hate to admit it, I think I hurt my neck watching a movie. I was in my hotel Friday, and had my laptop on the desk watching a DVD, but had my feet up on a chair, so my head was turned to the left for an hour or so. Sad, ain't it?
laugh.gif

I'm feeling pretty good (neck-wise) this morning, so Iwill try to get in a w/o today, but I will probably stick to cardio just to let the neck come all the way around.
I'm the same way with my diet. For the last 2 years I have been so particular about my cals and counted everything I eat. Now its just trying to keep it clean and in moderation.

That sux about the neck....just stiffened it up from watching tv thats funny LOL. Hope it gets better asap man!

DeadBolt said:
I'm the same way with my diet. For the last 2 years I have been so particular about my cals and counted everything I eat. Now its just trying to keep it clean and in moderation.

That sux about the neck....just stiffened it up from watching tv thats funny LOL. Hope it gets better asap man!
Thanks Bolt.

I lied about the gym, apparently. The neck is better, but I'm skipping again today to give it more rest. I don't want to miss my game tomorrow night, so I'm just taking it easy until then.

Pylon said:
Thanks Bolt.

I lied about the gym, apparently. The neck is better, but I'm skipping again today to give it more rest. I don't want to miss my game tomorrow night, so I'm just taking it easy until then.
When does your season end? My cousin was playing softball on a team while we lifted for a while. I hated it lol b/c it would always screw up my order of exercises.

DeadBolt said:
When does your season end? My cousin was playing softball on a team while we lifted for a while. I hated it lol b/c it would always screw up my order of exercises.
I think it's another 8 weeks. It's just a co-ed team with a couple of people I know from work, so it's nothing I would mess up my w/o for. But still, it's a lot of fun.

Pylon said:
I think it's another 8 weeks. It's just a co-ed team with a couple of people I know from work, so it's nothing I would mess up my w/o for. But still, it's a lot of fun.
I hear ya...its always good to be involved in things like that. I wish I had the time!

Glad the neck is doing better! I go through periods like that too with counting your food and everything.

Glad the neck is feeling better too my Friend!!!

IML Gear Cream!
Are you only playing one night a week then?? (softball)

I'm Trying said:
Are you only playing one night a week then?? (softball)
Yeah, just Wednesdays, and while I'd love to play more, I don't think my scheduel could take it.

Archangel said:
Glad the neck is feeling better too my Friend!!!
Thanks kids.

Yeah, feeling much better this evening. Even went out and did the yard, which may not count as cardio, but worked up a sweat and got the blood moving a bit. I'd say I'm at @90%, which is enough to get back on light work, I think.

Pylon said:
Yeah, just Wednesdays, and while I'd love to play more, I don't think my scheduel could take it.

Right now I play on Mondays and Wed. Then two tournaments a month on average. :eek:

I'm Trying said:
Right now I play on Mondays and Wed. Then two tournaments a month on average. :eek:
Sounds like fun. I'm balancing one night a week with work travel, school and family, but I look forward to the day when I can play that much!

Hows it goin today Brother Pylon? Hope the necks back at 100%!!!

Heya Arch.

Neck is ok, a little stiff after the game last night. Hoping all will be well by the weekend.

Pylon said:
Heya Arch.

Neck is ok, a little stiff after the game last night. Hoping all will be well by the weekend.
:thumb:
:hmmm: how did you do last night?

Archangel said:
:thumb:
:hmmm: how did you do last night?
Um...we won. Let's leave it at that. :laugh:

Feeling much better today, I think Monday will for sure be a lifting day. (Of course, the boy is staying with the grandparents Saturday, so this is assuming I don't get...um...injured in the meantime....) :D

Some good news this morning! My buddy is getting married in Jan at Disneyworld the day before the boy's 3rd b-day. (I'm slated as best man.) I guess I should make getting under 250 the goal for the day, huh?

I'm thinking of doing HIT, but with a twist. I'm thinking of ditching the upper/lower split and instead planning a 3x per week setup with alternating upper and lower work. For example, bench then calf raise then rows then leg ext. (I don't have it all worked out yet.) I've been thinking about this for a while, and I may start in with this next week.

I've done routines that go back and forth this way, and they are always killer. Making the blood race from upper to lower always seems to really work me over, and doing it HIT style in reduced time seems even harder.

I'll work up the setlist over the next couple of days. And thoughts are welcome...

IML Gear Cream!
Hmmmmmmm, sounds very interesting, VERY interesting!!! I look forward to seeing your new routine!!! Welcome back to HIT my Friend!!!

OK, here's the first draft. I'm setting the list with my gym in mind, so I can keep travel between lifts to a minimum. I would have to adjust in my other gyms, I think, so this is a flexible list, but you get the idea...

Day one
Bench press
Leg Press
DB Flyes
Calf Press
HS decline
HS incline
Calf Raise
Dips
Kickouts
Pec Deck

Day Two
Preacher Curl
One Leg Press
BB Curl
Leg ext
Hammer Curl
Rev Incline Flye
DB Sumo squat
Lat Pulldown
Adductor squeeze
Seated Row

Day Three
Mil Press
Squats
Lat Raises
Rev Inc Shrugs
Lunges
French Press
DB SLDLs
Skulls
Leg curl
Rope Pulldown

I've mostly alternated upper and lower, and tried to concentrate each day on one or two areas as much as possible. (Yes, lunges made the list. As much as I hate them, they fit nicely into that DB run of moves.) I also tried to put the lifts with the most set up time first, with the exception of squats. (I need to start with uppers to keep the list balanced. I'll do the mils in the cage so I have the equipment with no wait.)

I really LIKE that routine, pretty interesting concept!!! You may have invented something, thats what I'm trying to do with my Hybrid HIT!!! Are you doing an every other day or just something like a m-w-f scenario? I will be following along VERY closely my Friend, that routine has peaked my curiosity!!!

Archangel said:
I really LIKE that routine, pretty interesting concept!!! You may have invented something, thats what I'm trying to do with my Hybrid HIT!!! Are you doing an every other day or just something like a m-w-f scenario? I will be following along VERY closely my Friend, that routine has peaked my curiosity!!!
It will be every other day, 3 x per week. I hesitate to put MWF on the days, only because I never know for sure which days I can get to the gym, you know?

Completely understand and agree with you!!! Good luck with it my Friend!!!

do you think this routine will overtrain your legs or exhaust them?? usually my legs hurt for 2-3 days after I work them....also, how many times a week are you doing cardio? I can't wait to see how this program works, it looks pretty interesting!!

b_reed23 said:
do you think this routine will overtrain your legs or exhaust them?? usually my legs hurt for 2-3 days after I work them....also, how many times a week are you doing cardio? I can't wait to see how this program works, it looks pretty interesting!!
I'm hoping that the short w/o each day on legs will let me work them harder. I hadn't really thought too much about it, though, so I may need to tinker as I go.

My plan is to do @10 min to warm up, then do 10-15min after lifting, but that may or may not happen. If I'm as gassed as I think I will be, I'll drop it. Still plan on doing cardio at least 2 if not 3 other days each week.

FishOrCutBait said:
Im liking HIT more and more, I think I just may have to ditch P/RR/S, because of time constraints...

That looks like a pretty crazy w/o concept there, Pylon!
Thanks, Fish. We'll see how it goes....

Back