• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Construction Zone - Pylon's Journal V2.0

IML Gear Cream!
Got in cardio work today amid some bad news. (25 min on bike in basement, step 1 in my plan of upping my cardio and HIT intensity...)

Had a nice weekend getaway planned with the wife for Labor Day. My parents were coming in Friday to watch the boy, she was flying out to meet me in my work travel and we were going to come back Sunday. Had some nice tourist type stuff ready and a full weekend of music, food and drink...

...in New Orleans. Oh well...

FishOrCutBait said:
Ouch, man, sorry to hear that... I always thought Nawlins would be a fun trip. My friend from there had to evac, :eek:
Here's the irony. I was going down there to work in the office just outside of NO, which I didn't really want to do anyway. Maybe I'll get luck and the whole building will blow away....:thumb:

Heya man hows the neck? Hope its better!!

New routine looks interesting! I wish I knew more about HIT so i could comment. As for the legs....doesn't look like much volume so i don't think you'll be to sore or overtrain!

Sorry to hear about NO....that is just crazy overthere!!!

DeadBolt said:
Heya man hows the neck? Hope its better!!

New routine looks interesting! I wish I knew more about HIT so i could comment. As for the legs....doesn't look like much volume so i don't think you'll be to sore or overtrain!

Sorry to hear about NO....that is just crazy overthere!!!
Thanks Bolt.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there are other people more upset about the NO thing than me. I mean, we can just go somewhere else. I'm just sorry she never went. I've been, and from some of the computer models I've seen, there may not be anything left to visit after this. Very sad.

Pylon said:
Thanks Bolt.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there are other people more upset about the NO thing than me. I mean, we can just go somewhere else. I'm just sorry she never went. I've been, and from some of the computer models I've seen, there may not be anything left to visit after this. Very sad.
I was talking about this at work saturday and people are saying its going to take years for the area to un-flood I guess you could say b/c its so far under sea level. Its a shame all this is happening....I always wanted to go there but now it just wont be the same.

Interesting set-up for the new routing Pylon. My concern is it's too much volume too often to really be HIT. As a regular program not going to failure it looks great but as a HIT routine I'm afraid it'll be too much on the body. JMO.

New HIT, day 1:

10 min recumb bike, lvl 5 (of 15)

wu - bench - 95x10

bench - 185x9 (need better ROM, but was OK)

leg press - 360x15 (trying to maintain good ROM on these)

db flyes - 35x15

calf press - 360x20

HS incline - 140x8

HS decline - 140x8

calf raise - 220x12

dips - -115x10 (might change this, can't really hit chest after the other chest work, it slides to the tri's, which is not what I want here.)

kickouts - 50x12 (this is the leg version, not the kickbacks; focus on ham/glut area)

pec deck - 100x8 (where did my strength go?)

Time (after warmups) @ 15 minutes

10 min recumb bike (lvl 5)

Totally gassed at the end of this. I did the bike work at the end, but didn't get much in the way of RPMs. (I think I was around 65.) Still sweating 30 min later. Wow.:hot:

I just had a very scary moment...

I've been eating at Qdoba now and then, thinking it was a decent place for a quick bite. Their tortillas are lard free, and I've been getting a burrito with black beans, double grilled chicken, and hot salsa, no rice, cheese, sour cream. I figured it would be low in fat, high in fiber and protien, so pretty good!

Wrong. Their website has a nutritional calculator. Little did I know this tasty concoction which seems so friendly packs 900 CALORIES and 31 grams of fat. Just the chicken has 10 g fat. Getting rid of the burrito drops it to 560 cals, 22g fat. Better, but...come on! Is this the best we can do as a society?

IML Gear Cream!
W/O is lokin good there BRother!!! Great start at it!!! 900 calories? Holy Cow, must have tasted GREAT!!!

Heya bro good lookin w/o!!!

I wish everyone else in this world was as healthy as we are! But c'mon now if everyoen in this world was like all of us would we have an obesity problem? People always wonder how to solve the problem....shit its not hard its called changing your eating habbits. But I wont go there b/c I'll rag on for 3 pages about this stuff....it really gets under my skin!

Skipped cardio today...I know, I know, but I've been too wrapped up in the New Orleans thing...My company has an office about 40 miles from there, and I've spent many nights in the quarter...heartbreaking stuff...

DeadBolt said:
Heya bro good lookin w/o!!!

I wish everyone else in this world was as healthy as we are! But c'mon now if everyoen in this world was like all of us would we have an obesity problem? People always wonder how to solve the problem....shit its not hard its called changing your eating habbits. But I wont go there b/c I'll rag on for 3 pages about this stuff....it really gets under my skin!
I hear ya, DB, and I agree. (Of course, I should get a little less squishy myself before I start throwing stones.... :D)

ihateschoolmt said:
Good work out pylon!
Thanks Hater. I appreciate the positive vibes...
thumb.gif

FishOrCutBait said:
Lol, that does sound REALLY REALLY GOOD... mmm... 31g of fat... :chomp:
Archangel said:
900 calories? Holy Cow, must have tasted GREAT!!!
Yeah, they are good, but I can think of MUCH better ways to blow 900 calories, ya know?

Pylon said:
Yeah, they are good, but I can think of MUCH better ways to blow 900 calories, ya know?
:yes:

Wow I watched the stuff about New Orleans ALL night at my firehouse....that is horrible! I pray for all the good souls there!

HEY enough of this skippin workout crap!!! I don't get slack so you dont either :p Na just teasin bro hard times I hear ya but sometimes its better to get your mind off of it and do something constructive ya know?

DeadBolt said:
:yes:

Wow I watched the stuff about New Orleans ALL night at my firehouse....that is horrible! I pray for all the good souls there!

HEY enough of this skippin workout crap!!! I don't get slack so you dont either :p Na just teasin bro hard times I hear ya but sometimes its better to get your mind off of it and do something constructive ya know?
No, you're right. No excuse for skipping. It's not like I'm in NOLA, right? Just lazy. I even bought a couple of new playstation games so I could play while on the bike at home, but didn't do it. No excuse.
frown.gif

IML Gear Cream!
b_reed23 said:
It seems to me it would be nice if someone opened a fast food chain with HEALTHY foods, I mean, not even Subway can make a sandwich without 1000g of sodium!! :(
I don't mind the sodium so much, but the carbs and calories really stack up. The worst part is there aren't many alternatives, so if I forget to pack food on a school night, I'm pretty screwed. I generally can get by on either a whole roasted chicken (just eating the breast, no skin, but man is it messy) or a couple of cans of soup (still high in sodium, but otherwise not too bad if you watch what you pick up).

Yea its tuff to find decent food in a pinch. At my job if I forget to pack my food though its very easy...I have a boston market very close so I can go there and get some pretty healthy food. Or you can get creative and hit up like 711 or simple simons and things and make a meal. You can get protein shakes, eggs, tuna/chicken salad, WW wraps stuffed with chicken. You really just have to open your eyes and look and the food will be there.

Its time to get rollin again Py!!! Get in gear!

DeadBolt said:
Yea its tuff to find decent food in a pinch. At my job if I forget to pack my food though its very easy...I have a boston market very close so I can go there and get some pretty healthy food. Or you can get creative and hit up like 711 or simple simons and things and make a meal. You can get protein shakes, eggs, tuna/chicken salad, WW wraps stuffed with chicken. You really just have to open your eyes and look and the food will be there.

Its time to get rollin again Py!!! Get in gear!
Too right. I'll be in the gym today, and I'll do a little extra cardio to make up the skip. How's that?

Pylon said:
Too right. I'll be in the gym today, and I'll do a little extra cardio to make up the skip. How's that?

Get in the gym yes...don't kill yourself on the cardio though! Keep it simple and don't burn yourself out! Its no quantity its quality and by quality I mean consistancy!!

HIT 2

WU - 10 min recumb bike, lvl5

HS preacher curl - 10x15(WU), 25x10(WU), 50x15 (will go up)

1 leg press - 220x20 (right), x17 (left)

BB curl - 60x10

Leg ext - 120x10

Hammer curl - 25x10
Rev Inc Flye - 25x12 (will lift more next time)

DB sumo squat - 120x12 (could have easily handled more wieght, but was getting pretty gassed by then and endurance was running low)

Lat pulldown - 80x12 (really good ROM here)

Adductor - 85x25 (weight will go way up on this)

Seated Row - 100x12

Good squeeze on just about everything, except maybe preachers. I'm not sure if the upper/lower alternating is really making the work harder or if it just feels that way, but I'm pretty gasses by the end. W/O time 17 min.

Ended with 10 min recumb bike, lvl5.

Awesome job there my Friend!!! Well done and 17 minutes? Great w/o!!! I hear you about NO, I have a friend who lives in sladale or something like that, and he said his house is gone!!! Thank GOD his family is okay though!!!

Archangel said:
Awesome job there my Friend!!! Well done and 17 minutes? Great w/o!!! I hear you about NO, I have a friend who lives in sladale or something like that, and he said his house is gone!!! Thank GOD his family is okay though!!!
So far about 50% of the people that work in our office are accounted for, but even those folks have family in the area that are unaccounted for. Our office is like a bunker, and some people brought their families there for the storm. They have water, but no fuel or electric. I've heard 2 months until power is back, but that's just a guess. I've actually already volunteered to head down with supplies as soon as the roads are open.

Meanwhile, I get accused at work of being insensitive because I started announcing our alternative production plans on Monday, knowing that the area would be in bad shape no matter what happened. Oh well...

You have a BIG heart Brother, don't let ignorant, selfish people tell you anything else my Friend!!!

Archangel said:
You have a BIG heart Brother, don't let ignorant, selfish people tell you anything else my Friend!!!
I'm not too worried about it, but thanks for the sentiments.

The other thing that has bothered me are the qutoes in the news from the mayor of Biloxi and Gov. of MS. The mayor compared this to the tsunami in Asia (250,000 or so died there) and the Gov compared it to Hiroshima. I know it's tragic and all, but let's not get carried away. Why not just call it "America's Holocaust" and be done with it?
rolleyes.gif

Pylon-

How are you liking the HIT program ?? I really liked doing it for a while - especially when I was strapped for time.

:thumb:

Back