• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

workout frustrations...

mtwood923

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm just seeking varied input about the way my workouts have been going as of lately. For the most part I'm in a huge slump. I'd say over the past 3-4 weeks I've had horrible lifts, I come home saying that was the worst workout ever, only to top it the next time I go. I just relocated to a new city, took a new job and bought a new house. It's been extremely stressful and I haven't been able to get into the workout routine that I was accustomed to about 2 months ago. Now that things have toned down a bit, Ive attempted to get back into my routine, and I get into the gym feeling energized and focused, but once I start lifting, it's like my muscles don't want to cooperate. I've been able to come off a month or so of downtown and for the most part pick up where I left off. This time around, it's almost like I'm back at square one. It's not like I'm trying to do a rediculous amount of weight or even try what I was used to doing before I had stopped. I can't decide if maybe I'm trying to push myself too hard too soon, or if maybe there's something wrong internally. I've done my share of anabolic cycles, no steriods though. It's been about 5 months since my last (Superdrol/S1+). I followed PCT as best I could and really haven't showed any signs of bodily wear and tear...until now. I'm just worried that something is wrong and I may need to see a doctor. Again, I'm just looking for opinions, advice even. Thanks.

my appetite for the most part is normal, i'm averaging about 7 hours of sleep at night, which is no different than in the past

Your workouts should be productive no matter what the outcome ??? there is always something to learn. Forget about past workouts and look forward to the ones ahead. Having a positive attitude (akin to your eagerness to train) will do wonders for overall progression in the gym. Keep a journal and track your progress ??? eye up your goal(s) for each training session. And most importantly, focus on your form and concentrate on the muscle(s) being worked ??? keep your mind in the game. Maybe try doing a little less until you are back on track or try doing something different than what you did before ??? for example; a new exercise, rep scheme, schedule, etc. Or take a week off and re-group; take time to reflect on the current situation and then plan a new attack.

Relocating to a new area, starting a new job, and purchasing a new home are all actions that place an unusual amount of stress on an individual - mentally and physically. It???s expected to be a bit out of sorts ??? it???s normal - at least you accomplished all three (moves) at one time. Once you become accustomed to your new routine in life, you???ll be fine.

Hang in there and things will work out for you. In no time you???ll be takin??? it to the next level.

:)

When's the last time you had a week totally off from lifting? I recently took a week off and felt 100 % better when I came back.

Don't ever underestimate the power and influence that stress has in your life. Though workouts can be a stress reliever, they are often a gauge of just how much stress has thrown you off your game. It is good that you are aware enough of your workouts and your abilities in the gym to recognize that something is "missing." I have gone through this myself, and am feeling it now, as a matter of fact. Two big changes in your life are quite substantial, and you need time to deal with them. Change up the routine.. perhaps drop a movement or two. Man, i tell you, when i get all messe up like that, i like go back to basics. It helps to remember what it felt like when you first started lifting, how awed you were at those who were big, ripped, strong. Keep chugging, like furion said. Luke also had a good point, take time off. Dont focus on what you "might lose," you will be back in a week, feeling pumped and more aggressive and empowered. This forum has helped me greatly in keeping motivated and focused. Good luck.

Maybe your stressed from everything thats going on in your life recently? I was wondering that if you are stressed, you might be thinking of how strong you was when doing the s1+ cycle? The time off from training can lose you a little strength. So if you have a loss of strength from the cycle and the missed training, topped off with stress. Could lead you to becoming frustrated when your muscles don't push as hard as your fired up mind when in the gym?

Focus on form and steady increases of weight, keep track of your diet and your training and i'm sure you will be back to your best in no time! Also, make time for yourself to relax and wind down. Maybe even take a week off before you hit the gym with new targets and a fresher enthusiasm to persue your goals!

Back