• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

what to eat before bed?

swordfish

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I usually have 1 cup or so of cottage cheese and some fruit, 1 protein shake and a small bowl of oats. any suggestions? wheat bread and pb maybe or am i not eating enough before i go to bed??

I usually have 1 cup of cottage cheese, 1 cup plain non-fat yogurt, and a scoop of choc cassein protein. I have some Natural PB by itself after that too.

Cottage cheese is a staple for pre-bed meals due to its high cassein protein content. You want to get a good source of cassein, a good source of healthy fats(PB), and some fiber. Your fiber is best to come from some generic metamucil instead of oatmeal, though, so that you minimize carbs before bed. The same can be said for the fruit...you are taking in too many sugars before bed. The unused carbs will be stored in fat cells when you go to sleep.

I'd cut out the oats and the fruit. The rest of it looks great. Casein protein, found in dairy products, is the best for having at night becasue its a slow absorbing proetin. Is your protein shake composed of casein protein too? If it's a WPI, and funds don't allow for some casein protein, I'd have it with milk, that way it absorbs a tiny bit slower.
As for the oats and fruit, I'd cut any form of carb before bed. Due to low insulin sensitivity, carbs tend to be stored as bodyfat when consumed at night.

Some form of casein protein and fat to slow gastric emptying. I have been eating cottage cheese and peanut butter forever and a day at this point. My favorite meal of the day. I just mix the two together. Don't knock it 'till ya try it.

I eat 16oz cottage cheese.

i try not to eat any fat or carbs i just have a simple protein shake fills you up and is full of pro besides once your asleep your stomach practically shuts down

ya, my protein has cassienate, it says on the back that it has 4 different rates of digestion time. its pretty good actually. its called xtreme pro 4

Back