• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Do you feel safer since we've conquered Iraq?

So are we better off?

• No, it made things worse.

Votes: 28 71.8%
  • Not much safer

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • For a while, but now I'm starting to have my doubts

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Hell yeah, all them camel jockeys is evil.

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • You're not being fair to our beloved Prophe...I mean President

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

maniclion

Bohemian Extraordinaire
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So now that Saddam and so many of his henchmen are gone do you feel safer from a terrorist attack?

We conquered Iraq?

I voted .........No, it will make things worse.

Made things worse. Not saying Sadam was a good man, he was worst kid of man, he had no humanity. Still the war was started for the wrong reason.

mission_accomplished02-hires.jpg
min0 lee said:
We conquered Iraq?

I voted .........No, it will make things worse.
mission.jpg

missiondone.jpg

or something to that affect.

No fucking bias in this thread, that's for certain :rolleyes:

I wonder if the next generation of kids from Iraq will hate Americans more than they already do?

I don't know that conquered is the right kind of word to use!?!?

Sadam was a prick, but when he was captured, we should have said
"Got him" everything OK now, see ya!... Ok to take it from here UN!
and got out of dodge!

Then I think our mainstream troops should have come home, and been assigned
to counter terrorist homeland duty, busting down doors with the FBI

Working airports, border crossings,
and carrying out their regular training
within reach of their families

SPEC-OPS should stay in the middle east and west indies
to be ready for missions to wipe out terror cells

AND CIA working worldwide

min0 lee said:
I wonder if the next generation of kids from Iraq will hate Americans more than they already do?
My experience in Afghanistan was, they loved us. Wanted to be around us all the time. Of course, the also loved our charity and good-will.

I'll never forget the smile I got from a little girl once. She was too little to compete with the bigger kids who all muscled thier way forward to be near us for hand-outs of candy, water, and MRE's (we really wern't supposed to give this stuff out but these kids lived in a very depraved part of town and had nothing).

Anyhow, I spot this girl standing way in the back with a helpless look on her face. I make my way through the crowd, ushering the larger kids off to one side. I must have seemed like a looming giant over this little girl who stood all of 2 feet tall. I knelt next to her and offered her some water. She accepted and drank it quickly. I then reached in my cargo pocket and pulled out a hershey bar and several jolly ranchers. Her eyes lit up so big it almost took my breath away. I sat there with her and we chatted (My interpreter helped bridge the gap) Her name was Abibi and in that brief moment between us, we were best friends. We shared some bread and beef jerky from my MRE and then parted ways.

I made several stops by her village during routine patrols only this time little Abibi would fight through the older kids and latch on to my leg. She was definatly a charmer :) Prior to my departing the country, I took a squad of my replacements through the village and introduced the new squad leader to Abibi. She cried when she learned I was leaving but seemed to understand this was the way of things. She hugged me one last time and waved goodbye until I was out of sight.

Now, I don't know if the Children of this war will grow to hate America. I just hope little Abibi will remember her American friend when she grows older and, perhaps, share her story with her children about how Americans are not all that bad after all.

If you would have given that candy to a boy, he would have loved it...

But later when he was forced into one of those head bobbing taliban schools,
he would learn to hate all westerners...

...even Canadians

IML Gear Cream!
Witmaster said:
My experience in Afghanistan was, they loved us. Wanted to be around us all the time. Of course, the also loved our charity and good-will.

I'll never forget the smile I got from a little girl once. She was too little to compete with the bigger kids who all muscled thier way forward to be near us for hand-outs of candy, water, and MRE's (we really wern't supposed to give this stuff out but these kids lived in a very depraved part of town and had nothing).

Anyhow, I spot this girl standing way in the back with a helpless look on her face. I make my way through the crowd, ushering the larger kids off to one side. I must have seemed like a looming giant over this little girl who stood all of 2 feet tall. I knelt next to her and offered her some water. She accepted and drank it quickly. I then reached in my cargo pocket and pulled out a hershey bar and several jolly ranchers. Her eyes lit up so big it almost took my breath away. I sat there with her and we chatted (My interpreter helped bridge the gap) Her name was Abibi and in that brief moment between us, we were best friends. We shared some bread and beef jerky from my MRE and then parted ways.

I made several stops by her village during routine patrols only this time little Abibi would fight through the older kids and latch on to my leg. She was definatly a charmer :) Prior to my departing the country, I took a squad of my replacements through the village and introduced the new squad leader to Abibi. She cried when she learned I was leaving but seemed to understand this was the way of things. She hugged me one last time and waved goodbye until I was out of sight.

Now, I don't know if the Children of this war will grow to hate America. I just hope little Abibi will remember her American friend when she grows older and, perhaps, share her story with her children about how Americans are not all that bad after all.

Bro, that is a good story, we rarely hear these kinds of stories. Thanks. :thumb:

TCAP28 said:
Bro, that is a good story, we rarely hear these kinds of stories. Thanks. :thumb:
That was an excellent story...

BUT...
Dean%20Shostak%20and%20Glass%20Violin.jpg

You still get the glass violin - :bawling:

TCAP28 said:

That's because that little story typically ends with the little girl detonating herself and taking the squadron with her.

Ouch, wrong on so many levels.

Good stpry wit, I kid, but just as much good stuff as bad stuff is happening, we just don't hear it cuz who wants to hear it?

Dale Mabry said:
Good stpry wit, I kid, but just as much good stuff as bad stuff is happening, we just don't hear it cuz who wants to hear it?
You are so right.....

During my tour we (U.S. and Coalition forces) rebuilt and refurnished 4 schools (2 primary, 1 middle, and 1 high school). We established and/or restored power to about 180.000 residents. We built and/or rebuilt 9 major bridges. Paved a highway between Kabul and Kandahar. Restored full services to 2 major hospitals and buit a 3rd. Facilitated the creation of a legitimate and recognized local police force. Built 5 Fire Stations and trained full crews for each..... I could go on and on.

During this time what did the media report???

Terrorist Rocket Attacks, Dead Coalition forces and Car Bombings. They flocked all over the Abu Gharib prison scandel and didn't hesitate to compare all U.S. service personnel to the Nazis of WW2. I must confess, our media can (at times) be very demoralizing for the troops abroad. Fortunately, we don't buy into thier rhetoric. We've lived the difference.

Yeah, I'm just starting to see some good pics of happy faces...
Cause the guys brought or emailed those home with them

Nothing from the Media
(dicks) - :flipoff:

Witmaster said:

I don't want to sound corny but I'm misty eyed.
If I was to hear or read this I would take it as media propaganda but coming from a soldier and fellow IM friend I'll take your word.

Hopefully everything works for many Abibi's in the future.

maniclion said:
So now that Saddam and so many of his henchmen are gone do you feel safer from a terrorist attack?

Yes. I firmly believe that spreading freedom closes the door on terrorism.

Their willingness to vote was a testament to what they want for their country. We provided that opportunity.

Yes, I firmly believe spreading death an unprovoked war opens tho door to more and continued terrorism.

But at this point I could give a fu-k...............same old sh`t America has been doing since day 1...(1776 that is)....same old crap...different day.

IML Gear Cream!
Not sure... Time will tell. In my opinion we had no business there in the first place! We should have gone after Bin Laden, made the world a better place, and then sat back and weighed out what our next step should be if any... Bush is a jackass...:hmmm: God have mercy on us all (except the worthless people Lord).:)

busyLivin said:
Yes. I firmly believe that spreading freedom closes the door on terrorism.

Their willingness to vote was a testament to what they want for their country. We provided that opportunity.

Keep on spreading the freedom.

West turns blind eye as police put Saddam's torturers back to work

IRAQI security forces, set up by American and British troops, torture detainees by pulling out their fingernails, burning them with hot irons or giving them electric shocks, Iraqi officials say. Cases have also been recorded of bound prisoners being beaten to death by police.

In their haste to put police on the streets to counter the brutal insurgency, Iraqi and US authorities have enlisted men trained under Saddam Hussein???s regime and versed in torture and abuse, the officials told The Times. They said that recruits were also being drawn from the ranks of outlawed Shia militias.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,7374-1683578,00.html

Murdoch's 'Times' is hardly a "liberal" newspaper, by the way.

It made things safer!!

terrorists would have ocme out of the closet sooner than later anyway. Got rid of a few at least.

Saddam Hussein never had anything to do with terrorists attacks against America or west.

Iraq has not been conquered.

I am supporting the insurgents.

When the U.S. pulls out in the Spring or Summer of 2006, there will be a civil.

Banana Republic = Oil Republic = NOT.

Go Insurgents!!

busyLivin said:
George or Jeb? ;)
Both...?

Meanwhile...
Has anyone read about the Mercury poisoning
in New York, caused by the increase in coal buring power
stations and decreases in emmisions protection standards?

Thanks Bush Admin - :mad:

Gee...
War n Iraq...
Oops!... - Forgot about everyone being POISONED!
The Canaries Had Their Coal Mines

Last edited:
All we did was shake the tree the beehive was dangling from.

The Monkey Man said:
Both...?

Meanwhile...
Has anyone read about the Mercury poisoning
in New York, caused by the increase in coal buring power
stations and decreases in emmisions protection standards?

Thanks Bush Admin - :mad:

Gee...
War n Iraq...
Oops!... - Forgot about everyone being POISONED!
The Canaries Had Their Coal Mines

oops, meant President George Bush or our next President, Jeb Bush.... :spin:

Back