• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

I no longer live with my parents!!!

CancerNV

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I just moved into an apartment and I now realize how limited my funds are with school, car insurence etc...

I was wondering what you thought the best/cheapest bodybuilding foods are. So far I can only think of 50 cent tuna cans, potatoes, and big bags of whole wheat pasta.

Any other suggestions?

First,gratulation! you're a adult! I think you need some vegetable(vitamin).and meat.

Shop at costco and use the coupons you find in your mailbox

buy a big bag of frozen chicken
brown rice
eggs

Peanut butter is a great way to pack on calories for fairly cheap.

I buy sardines/kipper a lot for protein and omega-3 fatty acids.

Bone in chicken thighs are pretty good; there is only about 1g less protein per 1oz of chicken when compared to the breast, although there is also about 1.5g of additional fat.

I buy sunflower kernels a lot. A bag is like $2 at whole foods, and you get a lot of healthy fat and good calories from it.

Oatmeal is cheap if you buy it in bulk, and it is a pretty calorie dense food.

Whey protein is actually quite cheap if you buy 5lbs at a time.

Find a good place that sells the bagged chicken, I actually got a HUGE bag (cant remember exacts) at Costco, was the best deal ever.

Also, Sams Club has these canned chicken breast, 52g of protein per can. I usually throw it in a pan with some veggies and then mayo for a big giant protein stir-fry I guess..

Just go shopping, look at the prices, compare. Buy the cheapest, dont get the name-brand stuff.

Or option number B: Get a night job (what I did).. Just to fund my eating habits, funny eh.

and p.s.... www.allthewhey.com

Send 'em an email, ask for some samples first, then try it out. They're usually pretty cheap =)

Oats and Cottage cheese are pretty cheap. Look for sales when going to buy steaks. They are pricey if they aren't on sale. They do have good deals sometimes.

you dont have to buy named brand food.

hey tannywild I pretty much did the same thing . . I work a second job for my grocery bill. Some people joke that I have an "expensive" habit . . well I do!! HEALTHY FOOD!!

im in the same boat. i went to sams and bought a gigantic bag of individually frozen chicken that i grill on the ole george foreman. always save oats are pretty cheap, too. i buy lots of them. i just cut a lot of my money from gas and entertainment by walking everywhere and not going out as much and not drinking! that way, i have a lot more money for foods. good luck, to ya!

IML Gear Cream!
oh ya, check out aldi
they are super cheap, you can get decent steak for realllllll cheap.

We do freshdirect.com here in NYC. For the most part it is cheaper than then rest of grocery stores in the city. Check to see if they deliver in your area!

Back