• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Running or walking???

What burns more muscle? Running or walking?

• Running

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Walking

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Italian44

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Im tryin to drop 25 pounds in an 8 month span. My biggest worry is losing muscle. I dont have much muscle to begin with, im just tryin to cut down on fat, but maintain or add a few inches of mass. Obviously i gotta do cardio to cut down on fat, but like i said my biggest worry is burning off muscle during cardio. I dont like the stair climber, the eleptical, or any of those....i like to either walk or run. Between walking and running, what burns more muscle?? my diet is clean and good, no sweets or packaged processd food, 100% veggies, fruit, lean meats....the good stuff.

oh shit are you asking what burns more muscle, or what i like better?
because i like walking better :)

Low intensity, combined with a low-carb diet, is best at burning fat and protecting muscle mass. High intensity, will rip weight off you, both fat and muscle mind you, very quickly. I would recommend low intensity on a tread or stat bike in your situation. Just remember though, cardio is only half the answer - diet is the other half!

Try to do your cardio before your meals to burn more fat but make sure you eat as soon as you can after.

On a fat-burning note, caffeine can be used before xercise to allow stored fat to be used as energy.

caffeine can be used before cardio to burn stored fat???? Also, i hear that SOY lowers testosterone levels....for someone like me who is lactose intolerant, i need SOY :confused:

What is your weight and height?

I think both are pretty safe as long as you have a meal in your stomach before you do the running or walking. I always make sure I ate within 30-60 minutes of jogging so that I don't risk falling too deeply into a state of catabolism as a result.

IML Gear Cream!
do u think its better overall to run/walk on a fasted state (first thing in the morning)??? ...or is it better to do it with food in ur body.

btw, im 5'5 and weigh around 180

Italian44 said:
do u think its better overall to run/walk on a fasted state (first thing in the morning)??? ...or is it better to do it with food in ur body.

Youre still allowed on this site? I thought you were banned during the US election.

ive found hiit to be the best way, only for short periods mind. As it high intensity it will burn calories after exercise and its less time consuming. Also recent studies show it can promote muscle growth if kept to a short period of time.
hiit is far superior to low intensity exercises.

Italian44 said:

Do HIIT first thing in the morning...doing this in a fasted state will allow more fat burn

So after reading up on it, how does a week like this work??:

Monday: Total body workout for one hour, jog for 2 miles (25 mins)
Tuesday: jog 2 miles first thing in the morning (25 mins)
Wednesday: Jog 2 miles first thing in the morning (25 mins)
Thursday: Total body workout for one hour, then jog 2 miles (25 mins)
Friday: Jog 2 miles first thing in morning (25 mins)
Saturday: Jog 2 miles first thing in morning (25 mins)
Sunday: Total body workout for one hour, then jog 2 miles. (25 mins)

Along with a good diet/nutrition (no processed, no sweets, no alcohol, pure-natural clean foods....to drop at least 20 pounds of fat, and maintain or add a few pounds of muscle (From 180 to 160-155 in 9 months)

Sound good?? Or no?

Italian44 said:
Im tryin to drop 25 pounds in an 8 month span. My biggest worry is losing muscle. I dont have much muscle to begin with, im just tryin to cut down on fat, but maintain or add a few inches of mass.

hands down doing sprints 3-4x a week is the best way to accomplish those goals

Back