Divine Nutrition

Massive Headaches out of the blue during routines, Help plz

Exclamation Massive Headaches out of the blue during routines, Help plz

Hiya, im 38 years of age and have been (novice)bodybuilding for approximately 9 months now. I recently had a wrist sprain that forced me to take 3 weeks off from lifting any weights due to the acute wrist pain so in turn i wasnt taking any creatine, protein shakes or animal stak packages. Anyways i returned to the gym last week and the pain in my wirst has pretty much dissapeared and i can even manage to bench press(impossible with the above injury)....so i was happy and figured i was on track again.

As i restarted my routine last thursday i took my usual animal stak package 30 minutes prior to workout but now out of the blue everytime i push myself during reasonable heavy loads I without fail receive HUGE head aches that throb and hurt so bad that i literally have to bail out of the exercise to let the ebbing of pain subside. Whatever the heck is happening to me has me really worried as i have no history of headaches and it REALLY hurts. The pain naturally subsides after i stop the exertion but still lingers during the day when im at work and i know it will return now full steam as this is the second day in a row its happened to me. Needless to say i stopped taking animal stak until i can figure out whats going on, at age 38 i know that im open to problems a 20+ year old is more ressistant to. If anyone can give me some insight on what may be going on i would appreciate it...maybe its the animal stak..? I usually eat heavy at 2:30pm then was taking my Stak packages 6:30pm to get to gym at 7:00pm. Only thing perhaps is my stomaches too empty by the time i reach the gym and the animal stak is messing me up? Oh yes besides the animal stak the only other thing im taking is a Pro Complex protein shake once a day immediately after my workout.

Thanks in advance for any help guys, as i type this on the morning of my third day I can still feel a slight throbbing in my temple and im not lifting a thing..something in my system has gone wacky. Ill restate that i have never had any notable medical problems at all, zero, nada and have a decent body weight for my size.
    Last edited by Scotty614; 08-19-2005 at 06:29 AM.

╔═╬═╝

Rep Points

This happened to me. I took a week off and started back light and it never returned. I went to the doc and had an MRI but it was nothing. Personally I think that it's from (accidentally) holding my breath which probably caused too much pressure in the head. Since then I always concentrate on breathing, and never hold it, not even at any point during a squat.

antelope07
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I have taken animal stak, I think it has a fat burner in it, take a look a the coffee can thing it comes in. If so, maybe it and quite probably it has somehitng to do with you circulatory system, one time i pulled a muscle in my back and i couldn't breathe deep for days, it was scary so i know how it can feel when something happens and no explanation, like an injury where you know what happened, etc. (I actually didn't know I puuled a muscle until I went to the doc) Doy you happen to smoke? have you changed your diet? are you on high protein? try looking at some of that stuff.
    Ant.

Uranium powered

Rep Points

I've had the same thing if I lifted heavy and wasn't well rested or if I didn't have enough water in my system.

Rep Points

This has happened to me on a couple of occassions and lasted for 2-3 weeks at a time. It would be so bad that I had to leave the gym. So I would take some advil about an hour or so before going to the gym, and after about a week I stopped the advil and the headaches didnt return.

I should note that there was a layoff period iin lifting between the 2 seperate instances. I also think it may be a combination of holding my breath and not drinking enough water.