• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

thinkin about a new routine

ironman512

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I was thinking of trying something like this, any thoughts.

Monday push day
bench press 8-6-5-3-3
Incline dumbbell press 3x10
skull crushers 3x10
side raises 3x10

Tuesday pull day
preacher curls 3x10
deadlifts 3x12
bent over rows 3x10

Wednesday legs
squats 5x5
lunges 3x10
leg curls and reverse leg curls 3x10

Thursday off

Friday push day
incline bench press 3x10
dumbbell flyes 3x10
shrugs 3x10
close-grip bench press 4x8

Saturday pull day
reverse grip pull downs 3x10
one arm dumbbell row 3x10
incline dumbbell curls

Sunday legs
stiff leg deadlifts 3x10
squats 6x2
lunges

i would also throw cardio in there and mix up the workout every week, any comments would be appreciated

and by the way after sunday i would be off so 3 days on one off

Shrugs are pull, and the second push day switch out the shrugs for a diret should movement. Military press hsould be good, 2x10.

Also, do 3 on 2 off. You need more rest days.

but i thought that shruds worked the shoulder n i do shoulders on push days

also i heard somnewhere that military presses arent good for ur spine when ur growing is this true?

ironman512 said:
also i heard somnewhere that military presses arent good for ur spine when ur growing is this true?
Shurgs are for your traps, that's why I said add shoulders. Military press is not bad for your spine, if you use weight that allows good form.

Shrugs = traps, as mike said. I am curious why so many people have this misconception that they are for shoulders. I agree that more rest days are needed as well.

sry bout that missunderstanding and thanks fo all the input

ironman512 said:
I was thinking of trying something like this, any thoughts.

Monday push day
bench press 8-6-5-3-3
Incline dumbbell press 3x10
skull crushers 3x10
side raises 3x10

Tuesday pull day
preacher curls 3x10
deadlifts 3x12
bent over rows 3x10

Wednesday legs
squats 5x5
lunges 3x10
leg curls and reverse leg curls 3x10

Thursday off

Friday push day
incline bench press 3x10
dumbbell flyes 3x10
shrugs 3x10
close-grip bench press 4x8

Saturday pull day
reverse grip pull downs 3x10
one arm dumbbell row 3x10
incline dumbbell curls

Sunday legs
stiff leg deadlifts 3x10
squats 6x2
lunges

i would also throw cardio in there and mix up the workout every week, any comments would be appreciated

what are your goals ? if its bodybuilding you want to be separating all your body parts not this push pull crap that some guy thought up and sold routines in his books, then guys read it and started believing in it :laugh:... do 12 sets for large 9 for small train 4-5 days a week, dont buy into all this overtraining hype, what pro athlete dont train his ass off? just another $$$ train.

IML Gear Cream!
na my goals are strenght, bodybuilding is not to much of an intrest for me

GymJamo said:
what are your goals ? if its bodybuilding you want to be separating all your body parts not this push pull crap that some guy thought up and sold routines in his books, then guys read it and started believing in it :laugh:... do 12 sets for large 9 for small train 4-5 days a week, dont buy into all this overtraining hype, what pro athlete dont train his ass off? just another $$$ train.
Most athletes are on steroids anyway. Doing low volume high intensity is not hype. Push pull legs is a good split, what is wrong with it?

ironman512 said:
na my goals are strenght, bodybuilding is not to much of an intrest for me
I'm just curious, how old are you?

Just curious. It's nice to see another lifter my age. There aren't very many of us. PM me if you ever want the routine I'm doing. It's been working wonders for me.

I would rest a day after each workout. Or, you could try 2 on and 1 off.

i think i can do the 3 on i of if i eat really good and get alot a sleep during the night.

ironman512 said:
i think i can do the 3 on i of if i eat really good and get alot a sleep during the night.

Okay. Think what you will.

Back