• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Still Growing?

FranktheTank

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey I was wondering if lifting weights would stunt my growth?

Also I was wondering if anyone knows how to tell if someone is finished with puberty? I was just wondering if I have stopped growing.

Plus if anyone knows any exercises or foods which might help me reach my full height potential please let me know.

Thanks

You're 19, you're most likely done with puberty and growing, but some people can bloom late, and keep going into their early 20's. Height = genetics, I don't know of any specific food or legit supplement to improve it. Also, lifting weights will not stunt ur growth, crush your growth plates, etc etc etc. There was actually a thread on this a little earlier if u can find it, ill try and post a link later. It basically said the stunting of growth is a myth, but what will stunt your growth are steroids, so don't use those until you're fully developed. Your doctor could probably tell you if you're done with puberty or not.

You could be done, but maybe not. I don't think I am and the only sure fire way to know is to get a "bone age" x-ray done. They just x-ray your hand and look at your growth. plates.

Thanks for the good info guys. I'll go look into that hand x-ray deal.

I was about 20-21 when I finally stopped growing. I hit the high side of 5'8" after sophmore year of college. Since then I have only grown muscularly. When I graduated college I thought I was heavy at 5'8"/168lbs. Now Im about 185-190 depending on the day and im not as big as I plan on getting yet. You are fine for lifting... you'll see incredible gains right now at your age. But just be sure to listen to the older guys alot of the time... they do have some knowledge thats worth hearing. Especially the some of the guys here... they got smarts.

Ah good to hear Pizzer :thumb: Speaking of gains, I started seriously hitting the weights and taking in protein shakes at the start of August and can kind of see some results so far (little more definition), but I was wondering when I can expect to see some serious changes taking place?

I workout 3x a week with weights, and do cardio 6 days a week.

Thanks

well, im going to be honest. As many of the IMers will probably agree, if you are trying to build size, 6 days of cardio is not the way to do it. youre burning yourself out. As for seeing results... generall speaking from my own exp I found that i started to see results about 3wks after i started a routine... but these results were meager and the sum of it was what some like to call the effects of the "perpetual pump". For strength gains, usually you will see # changes every 2wks as you are rampin up into a steady concrete routine... as for size changes, it can take up to 6weeks... i personally would lay off the frequent cardio.

help you for your full height:long-distance running and abdomen exercises.sit-up.
lifting weights will not stunt ur growth,but it will affect your full height.you will stunt your growth when you are 24

IML Gear Cream!
RJ.D said:
help you for your full height:long-distance running and abdomen exercises.sit-up.
lifting weights will not stunt ur growth,but it will affect your full height.you will stunt your growth when you are 24
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Back