• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

abdominal work and increased abdominal girth?

lara

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I used to work my abs everyday. But after reading that doing so is pointless, I cut it down to every other day for the last two months. I began working them more intensely at the same time. I'm female. What concerns me is that my waist has increased in size with this change.

My waist started out at 23.5 inches and it is now 24.5. My abs are hard, they were before too, but now they have more muscular definition. Could this extra inch be from having a stronger core? I would really like to get back down to 23.5 inches...

thanks! :hmmm:

Thats why i dont like training abs because they will get bigger as well as more definition! and this doesnt give the nice V shape i desire!

Thats why I never use weights for abb work....also hold your tummy in while exercising.....allot of people push their stomach out when doing sit ups or when lifting weights, and thats a good way to make your waist bigger...

Give us your exact workout so we Can see what you are doing.

ForemanRules said:
Thats why I never use weights for abb work....also hold your tummy in while exercising.....allot of people push their stomach out when doing sit ups or when lifting weights, and thats a good way to make your waist bigger...

Give us your exact workout so we Can see what you are doing.

why would your waist get bigger if you push your stomach out when doing sit ups of lifting weights?

IJ300 said:
why would your waist get bigger if you push your stomach out when doing sit ups of lifting weights?
Ask a woman who has had a baby what pushing out your stomach muscles does to them.

foreman i dont think holding ur gut in would make any difference! give a scientific explanation!

buildingup said:
foreman i dont think holding ur gut in would make any difference! give a scientific explanation!
I'm not a Doctor nor do I have any "scientific data" to support my idea....its just common science.

1. lifting weights can and most likely will make your muscles bigger.
2. when you stretch something......eventually it cant go back to its original size........fuck a chick who has had 5 babys and you will understand my point.

buildingup said:
they are called vacuums look them up, they are very effective. and great while sitting at a traffic light or something

Spitfire said:
they are called vacuums look them up, they are very effective. and great while sitting at a traffic light or something
I always thought to do these while stuck in traffic, now I don't feel so silly.
People in the car next to might think I'm constipated though.
Good idea though..

Who said that a woman's girth increases because she pushes during labor? This is totally inaccurate. That would mean that every woman who has a C-section during which she doesn't have to push would be back to the same exact pre-pregnancy weight and size no matter what after giving birth. Pushing or not pushing during labor does not make the muscles larger in any significant way. Hopefully I'm just misunderstanding what you're saying, Foreman.

IML Gear Cream!
Squaggleboggin said:
Who said that a woman's girth increases because she pushes during labor? This is totally inaccurate. That would mean that every woman who has a C-section during which she doesn't have to push would be back to the same exact pre-pregnancy weight and size no matter what after giving birth. Pushing or not pushing during labor does not make the muscles larger in any significant way. Hopefully I'm just misunderstanding what you're saying, Foreman.
The baby develops behind the abdominal wall.....and thus gets pushed out for several months.......and the result is a tummy that isnt as flat and tight as it was...

Actually many women can fit right into their pre-pregnancy clothing directly after giving birth, so this isn't entirely accurate.

Before, I thought you were saying that the actual pushing during labor made women larger afterwards.

ok bro I'm not about to argue about something so basic...
we just dont agree so thats that. :thumb:

What is there to argue about? I'm not arguing at all. I have a cousin who returned to her pre-pregnancy weight right after she gave birth to her baby. If you 'disagree,' then, that's fantastic... I guess...

Look, Foreman is actually talking from first hand experiance....why argue. :p

min0 lee said:
Look, Foreman is actually talking from first hand experiance....why argue. :p
At 38 I have banged alot of woman who have had babys so I have some experiance at this.....at 16 I had no idea... :p

If you work your abbs, and don't get your body fat down it will just increase the size of your belly. A lot fat people are finding this out, that bought abb rookkkeerrss. Better off to loose weight first, then work your abbs.

Back