• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

The Federal Government...Genuis at work

Status
Not open for further replies.

themamasan

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
In response to the New Orleans disaster:

I was watching the news a few hours ago, and a guy that is head of a Federal Emergency Relief Effort was talking to the News anchor. The news anchor asked him flat out "Where is all the aid at, why is it taking so long?" And the guy says, "Well... the Federal Government just found out today that those people are stranded". Yeah, that is the most lamest excuse I have ever heard. It would have been more acceptable to say that they didn't even know about any hurricane.
On top of that, the same news story mentions that 20 other countries are ready and willing to offer ships, funding, and food. But our government hasn't OK'd it yet. :hmmm:

I used to have somewhat faith in our leaders, but lately President Bush and the rest of his "people" have been blowing it big time.

Did you really think the American government gave a shit about the poor and middle class??? :confused:

Listening to Bush talk around why he took so long to respond to the disaster made me punch my radio on my way home today. Something along the lines of
"We didn't think it was so bad until the levees broke, blah blah, I can imagine the hardship these people dsiplaced from their homes, blahzay blah blah I can't imagine what it would be like to be stuck on a roof waving a white sheet desperate for help blaaaahh..." BAMM then the station changed. So that's why it took so long cause you can imagine a little homesickness but can't fathom desperation of a human being stuck on a deserted Island that used to be their home sweet home?

I hope this will be the camel to break the straw that people backing Bush were snorting his bullshit through.

shit looking at this from UK, the american govt looks powerless and very incompetent! new orleans looks like a post apocolypse film, this is the most anarchy ive ever seen!

Government is bullshit. That's why I'm a libertarian.

Don't matter who is in power, the govt will take away people's money and liberties more and more. Bastards.

buildingup said:
shit looking at this from UK, the american govt looks powerless and very incompetent! new orleans looks like a post apocolypse film, this is the most anarchy ive ever seen!

Shaddup or we'll pack up our ghetto peeps and send them your way. From what I can tell, they'd own London in about 5 hours and 37 minutes :laugh:

Though I have to admit, the Brittish police that capped the Brazilian guy in the head were brilliant :thumb: No, seriously. Its just after a bombing and the guys running away from police... he deserved to get capped in the head for his stupidity. What did he think they would do with someone who acts like that so soon after a terrorist attack?

He was up to no good, and paid for it. Brazil should thank the Brits, now they don't have to worry about him pulling off shady stuff in Brazil :)

Eggs said:
Shaddup or we'll pack up our ghetto peeps and send them your way. From what I can tell, they'd own London in about 5 hours and 37 minutes :laugh:
shut ur face before i boil ur fat ass!

buildingup said:
shut ur face before i boil ur fat ass!

Sure that wouldn't get in the way of your mid-afternoon tea?

I mean, you probably have a full day packed..

secondsies mid-afternoon tea
thirdsies
Early evening Earl Grey tea
Mid-Evening Early gray with 2 scoops of sugar
Late evening tea time
Night tea time
Just before Bed tea time
Post-toothbrushing gargle with tea
Midnight snack with biscuits and tea.

Am I missing anything? I just dont think you could fit boiling my ass into your important schedule :shrug:

:D

Eggs said:
Sure that wouldn't get in the way of your mid-afternoon tea?

I mean, you probably have a full day packed..

secondsies mid-afternoon tea
thirdsies
Early evening Earl Grey tea
Mid-Evening Early gray with 2 scoops of sugar
Late evening tea time
Night tea time
Just before Bed tea time
Post-toothbrushing gargle with tea
Midnight snack with biscuits and tea.

Am I missing anything? I just dont think you could fit boiling my ass into your important schedule :shrug:

:D
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Tea anyone?

IML Gear Cream!
Thanks buddy, I'll take a spot of tea!

(its mid afternoon just now! :banana: )

make it personal and i will! you know what i mean eggs ;)

George Bush isn't an asshole, he is just a misunderstood man in an environment which he has to tolerate the minority.

buildingup said:
Gay-YouAre-02.jpg

buildingup said:

I grew up in a country that up until 100 years ago the people were cannibals. Well, let me say "100 years ago ;) ;)"

You on the other hand live in quite a civilized little country there (you do have tea after all! :D )

If you want to talk about boiling people, I think I'm up for the task. As long as we can get tothe brain fork by the end of the conversation.

Eggs said:
I grew up in a country that up until 100 years ago the people were cannibals. Well, let me say "100 years ago ;) ;)"

You on the other hand live in quite a civilized little country there (you do have tea after all! :D )

If you want to talk about boiling people, I think I'm up for the task. As long as we can get tothe brain fork by the end of the conversation.

well there you go, play nice and i will as well!

Pinning the problems in NO on Bush is beyond absurd. Typical for the anti-Bush crowd but really embarrassingly lame.

I too am frustrated with the government response but I believe the problems in getting aid into the city have more to do with the fact that the disaster is ongoing, gangs shooting at relief workers and this is on a scale that no one can be prepared for. Even you Bush haters have to admit that there really is no way to prepare for the destruction of an entire city.

If you want to light someone up for their leadership, I think you should focus on the guys who decided to build a city near a large body of water and, get this, below sea level. Yeah, nothing can go wrong here.

Also, to me this is futher proof that there is very little the Federal government does well.

maniclion said:
Listening to Bush talk around why he took so long to respond to the disaster made me punch my radio on my way home today. Something along the lines of
"We didn't think it was so bad until the levees broke, blah blah, I can imagine the hardship these people dsiplaced from their homes, blahzay blah blah I can't imagine what it would be like to be stuck on a roof waving a white sheet desperate for help blaaaahh..." BAMM then the station changed. So that's why it took so long cause you can imagine a little homesickness but can't fathom desperation of a human being stuck on a deserted Island that used to be their home sweet home?
One has to wonder where the Mayor of New Olreans was before this happened. He had no evacuation plan. He had no emergency shelter or supplies. He did shit.

Oh, he's black...so you can't say how pathetic a job he did.

Well, one thing we DO know is that the Mayor of New Orleans was. . .in New Orleans, not on another extended vacation riding bikes, eating cake and strumming a guitar. Our vice president, on an extended flyfishing vacation in Wyoming, has yet to be heard from - and Condi, who should be shuffling through the multiple offers of aid from over 30 countries, was attending a Broadway show and buying $300 shoes in New York.

Until today, the White House response has consisted of a flyover from Air Force One while the President ate some cake. He and Laura had the plane lower altitude to 5,000 feet so that people stranded on the rooftops could see them licking their lips and waving their bottles of water. Laura took out a lipstick and wrote on the window: "Hi ya'll - we have CAKE."

Then Air Force One dropped nearly 100,000 packets of Kool-Aid onto the flooded areas with the instructions: "There's plenty of water to make this right there in the street."

He was, apparently, just following the example of his federal government.

kbm8795 said:
Well, one thing we DO know is that the Mayor of New Orleans was. . .in New Orleans, not on another extended vacation riding bikes, eating cake and strumming a guitar. Our vice president, on an extended flyfishing vacation in Wyoming, has yet to be heard from - and Condi, who should be shuffling through the multiple offers of aid from over 30 countries, was attending a Broadway show and buying $300 shoes in New York.

Until today, the White House response has consisted of a flyover from Air Force One while the President ate some cake. He and Laura had the plane lower altitude to 5,000 feet so that people stranded on the rooftops could see them licking their lips and waving their bottles of water. Laura took out a lipstick and wrote on the window: "Hi ya'll - we have CAKE."

Then Air Force One dropped nearly 100,000 packets of Kool-Aid onto the flooded areas with the instructions: "There's plenty of water to make this right there in the street."
This is really pathetic. Sometimes your posts strike me as intelligent even though I disagree with them. Posts like this make me think you are liberal moron with nothing to offer but hate.

Do you have any idea how absurd this sounds?

Pepper said:
This is really pathetic. Sometimes your posts strike me as intelligent even though I disagree with them. Posts like this make me think you are liberal moron with nothing to offer but hate.

Agreed.

Pepper said:

I have to agree with Pepper's point. I'm one of these "anti-bush" ppl, but posts like that just ruin my credibility as a liberal. :argue:

kbm8795 said:

This is some funny stuff. Mixing some facts with comedy is entertaining...
Its funny but your post reminds me of how Bill O'Reilly does the same to bash the Democrats.....fight fire with fire....nice job. :clapping:

Pepper said:

No, Pepper. What is pathetic is the idea that 50,000 people are still stranded in a major American city after this disaster, most without food or water supplies. What is pathetic is that the city, which has appealed for FIVE days for assistance, still has to rely on 1500 police officers and 200 National Guard troops to oversee 10,000 people at the Superdome. What is absolutely pathetic is how the director of FEMA JUST discovered that there are over 10,000 people waiting to be evacuated at the Convention Center without food, water, or adequate sanitation. They still don't have anything this morning.

The response from the federal government is disgraceful. Frankly, the governors of Mississippi and Louisiana should have accepted assistance from 30 countries that have now offered help without waiting for Condi Rice to come back from her shoe-shopping, Broadway play-attending vacation to "approve" the offers.

Homeland Security, my ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back