• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Nations Offer aid to the US!

Eggs

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,168311,00.html

Over 30 nations are currently offering aid to the US. Australia at the forefront, offering $8 million to the Red Cross, but everything is appreciated!

(But Japan, $200k? I mean, wtf, thats like 6 Toyota SUVs?).

The countries that have offered aid: Russia, Japan, Canada, France, Honduras, Germany, Venezuela, Jamaica, Australia, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Greece, Hungary, Colombia, the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Mexico, China, South Korea, Israel, the United Arab Emirates, New Zealand, Guatemala, Paraguay, Belgium, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Italy, Guyana, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, Austria, Lithuania, Spain, Dominica, Norway, Cuba and Bahamas.

^ the Japanese aid is so low it's like a sneer....appreciated....but....

We do not need their help....Speaking of which wans't 9/2/05 the anniversary of the Japanese surrender on the U.S. Missouri? Maybe the are still salty that we nuked them.......twice.

I believe Japan also offered some material assistance. What is significant is that most of these nations came forward with offers of assistance before our own federal government started delivering the goods. When El Salvador offers troops to patrol the streets of New Orleans because we haven't, it is a national embarassment.

Canada offered aid immediately, and one group that was ready to come was tied up by the U.S. State Department. Initial offers of other assistance were, at first, declined. Condi, once she decided to come back from New York, has said anything that might provide assistance will be considered now.

I suspect the nations giving money to the Red Cross are able to circumvent our State Department so their contributions can be made immediately. And while we should be proud and grateful that so many others have come forward to help us, we must also INSIST that our CONGRESS compose resolutions of gratitude to EVERY nation who offers, even if we don't take them up on what they are able to provide. This would go a long way to repairing frayed relationships.

By the way, Sri Lanka contributed like $25,000 to the Red Cross - and Indonesians we helped with the tsunami prayed for the victims of the hurricane.

kbm8795 said:
I believe Japan also offered some material assistance. What is significant is that most of these nations came forward with offers of assistance before our own federal government started delivering the goods. When El Salvador offers troops to patrol the streets of New Orleans because we haven't, it is a national embarassment.

Canada offered aid immediately, and one group that was ready to come was tied up by the U.S. State Department. Initial offers of other assistance were, at first, declined. Condi, once she decided to come back from New York, has said anything that might provide assistance will be considered now.

I suspect the nations giving money to the Red Cross are able to circumvent our State Department so their contributions can be made immediately. And while we should be proud and grateful that so many others have come forward to help us, we must also INSIST that our CONGRESS compose resolutions of gratitude to EVERY nation who offers, even if we don't take them up on what they are able to provide. This would go a long way to repairing frayed relationships.

By the way, Sri Lanka contributed like $25,000 to the Red Cross - and Indonesians we helped with the tsunami prayed for the victims of the hurricane.

Well, my queston is reading this... how long would it have taken for those countries to get their troops to Louisiana? I high doubt they would have done it before Friday, which is when our troops started showing up. I'd estimate at least 2 weeks for most of them, just a rough estimate though.

kbm8795 said:

best post ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw, yes... I believe Japan also offered like $300k worth of tents and what not. Good stuff to have when you have 90,000sq miles of devestated country.

btw, I agree... we should take every country up that offers help :thumb:

Our foreign relations would take a huge boost from that.

Eggs said:
btw, yes... I believe Japan also offered like $300k worth of tents and what not. Good stuff to have when you have 90,000sq miles of devestated country.

wtf do you want from them??? there on the other side of the world!!!

Eggs said:
Well, my queston is reading this... how long would it have taken for those countries to get their troops to Louisiana? I high doubt they would have done it before Friday, which is when our troops started showing up. I'd estimate at least 2 weeks for most of them, just a rough estimate though.
There wil NEVER be foreign troops on our soil....we will only accept resources and money....that is why we refused Russia's troops and rescue workers. We will not accept foreign people due to security. The gov't (which I voted for and still support...for the most part) will say that we didn't refuse anything, but we needed to make sure that we allocated resources in the "correct" manner.

IML Gear Cream!
MyK said:
wtf do you want from them??? there on the other side of the world!!!

I wasnt sushi ya asshole... and sake. Is that too much to ask? In $500k demoninations.

Eggs said:
I wasnt sushi ya asshole... and sake. Is that too much to ask? In $500k demoninations.

go get married!!! sukkah!

It hasn't gone unnoticed that suddenly our own troops appeared, along with some relief supplies, at the same time the President arrived to visit the disaster zones.

Canada had a team in British Columbia ready to leave almost immediately. The Canadian government also offered aid in any form they could.

If any British ships were in the West Indies, they would have made it to New Orleans or the Mississippi Gulf Coast to join our overtaxed Coast Guard days before any American vessels would arrive. Our first hospital ship isn't supposed to be there until early next week. A second hospital ship will arrive in mid-September. By this morning, I was beginning to believe the Swiss could send naval vessels from Lake Zurich before our federal government could locate five ships to assist one of our own cities.

The entire world saw non-stop coverage of this disaster. When nations like El Salvador offer active military forces to patrol the streets of an American city, it is because they saw no evidence of the United States being willing or capable of doing so for ourselves. They could have flown into Baton Rouge within hours. They might not have had mechanized vehicles in the first wave but we didn't have any amphibious equipment there either.

Our government is lucky the Mayor and Governors didn't have the power to directly accept that offer. Imagine foreign troops guarding an American city because the U.S. government had not been deployed.

The Biloxi newspaper reported two days ago that while reporters were listening to stories from residents about their storm experiences in a local school, Air Force personnel were playing basketball and doing calisthenics across the street. They couldn't be sent to even clear the debris. They had no orders.

Britain and Canada always have their priorities in order!

All I can say is that they embarrassed them selves not by getting there late, but by doing nothing. mean are the fucking retarded or something?! even if you look at it from a political perspective, letting your own people die because of lack of food and security is just lame, sorry bush but you suck!

lnvanry said:
We do not need their help....Speaking of which wans't 9/2/05 the anniversary of the Japanese surrender on the U.S. Missouri? Maybe the are still salty that we nuked them.......twice.
Didn't the U.S. help rebuild Japan and make it what it is today?

THEUNIT(XXL) said:
All I can say is that they embarrassed them selves not by getting there late, but by doing nothing. mean are the fucking retarded or something?! even if you look at it from a political perspective, letting your own people die because of lack of food and security is just lame, sorry bush but you suck!

I heard that the Netherlands offered to send over a thousand of their hookers and a couple truck loads of weed to help get the city established again.

I'm not sure what exactly that'll do... but their hearts are in the right place :thumb:

:D

Eggs said:
I heard that the Netherlands offered to send over a thousand of their hookers and a couple truck loads of weed to help get the city established again.

I'm not sure what exactly that'll do... but their hearts are in the right place :thumb:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Eggs said:

How about Brazil, I can imagine Vieope as the Pimp minister of Brazil.

Eggs said:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,168311,00.html

Over 30 nations are currently offering aid to the US. Australia at the forefront, offering $8 million to the Red Cross, but everything is appreciated!

(But Japan, $200k? I mean, wtf, thats like 6 Toyota SUVs?).

The countries that have offered aid: Russia, Japan, Canada, France, Honduras, Germany, Venezuela, Jamaica, Australia, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Greece, Hungary, Colombia, the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Mexico, China, South Korea, Israel, the United Arab Emirates, New Zealand, Guatemala, Paraguay, Belgium, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Italy, Guyana, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, Austria, Lithuania, Spain, Dominica, Norway, Cuba and Bahamas.
:clapping: :thumb: :clapping:

Back