• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Cardio in the morning

YSK

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
When i do like eliptical machines or treadmill,about 2-3 minutes in i feel like im going to throw up, more after i've completed my cardio as well. Is it because i didnt eat enough breakfast? I had Ham, eggs, and brown toast. Is there something i should be avoiding?

YSK said:
When i do like eliptical machines or treadmill,about 2-3 minutes in i feel like im going to throw up, more after i've completed my cardio as well. Is it because i didnt eat enough breakfast? I had Ham, eggs, and brown toast. Is there something i should be avoiding?

Maybe you should try warming up with 5 minutes of powerwalking? I'm not sure... That's pretty weird unless you are just starting.

Maybe you shouldn't eat first. :thumb:

FranktheTank said:
Maybe you shouldn't eat first. :thumb:

He definitely should eat first if he likes his muscle.

Hmm. I always thought doing cardio before anything was eating was the best way to go. Good to know the truth.

FranktheTank said:
Hmm. I always thought doing cardio before anything was eating was the best way to go. Good to know the truth.

When you wake up in the morning, you are in a catabolic state because you haven't eaten for 6-8 hours, or however long it has been. You further this catabolic state by doing cardio before eating.

CowPimp said:
He definitely should eat first if he likes his muscle.
Sorry brother, but I disagree. I think cardio should be done just upon awakening with 1 scoop of whey under your belt. Personally I do it without the shake but that's me.

I must add to this. I guess it depends on what type of cardio your doing. Mine is low intensity for 45 min's which burns fat and not muscles

Tough Old Man said:
Sorry brother, but I disagree. I think cardio should be done just upon awakening with 1 scoop of whey under your belt. Personally I do it without the shake but that's me.

Well, I'm not going to argue that it is effective at helping you lose that last bit of fat going into a competition. It is probably necessary for some people. However, when cutting to a merely healthy bodyfat level, I don't think it's necessary.

Having a scoop of whey under your belt also does a lot to combat the catabolic state you awake in, so that is a good idea.

CowPimp said:
Well, I'm not going to argue that it is effective at helping you lose that last bit of fat going into a competition. It is probably necessary for some people. However, when cutting to a merely healthy bodyfat level, I don't think it's necessary.

Having a scoop of whey under your belt also does a lot to combat the catabolic state you awake in, so that is a good idea.
AGREE and I also re-edited my post

Tough Old Man said:

I must add to this. I guess it depends on what type of cardio your doing. Mine is low intensity for 45 min's which burns fat and not muscles

ToughOldMan is usually too hungover in the morning to do cardio, dont let him fool you. Too much tequila and cervesa.

Personally, I hate morning cardio. I can barely get myself into the truck and to work, nevermind running around the block. Nighttime for me.

IML Gear Cream!
du510 said:
ToughOldMan is usually too hungover in the morning to do cardio, dont let him fool you. Too much tequila and cervesa.

Personally, I hate morning cardio. I can barely get myself into the truck and to work, nevermind running around the block. Nighttime for me.
Matt your getting funnier everyday. If you would drop about 40% of that bodyfat my brother, the truck would be no problem. Now leave my Tequila out of this as it's jealous of my Pacifico's:)

So should i take a gulp of whey before i run to prevent catabolic..ness

YSK said:

I would run after a meal unless you really have to. Some people's genetics dictate that they have to jump through some hoops to get down to a certain level of body fat. If nothing else gets you down to the desired level (Assuming you are counting calories and eating balanced meals), then go ahead and give running first thing in the morning a try.

Also, Tough Old Man has a novel idea by doing low-intensity cardio to help make sure that his body is using fat stores as energy.

FranktheTank said:
If your main goal is fat-loss then its unbeatable.

njc said:
If your main goal is fat-loss then its unbeatable.

Yup...

The body uses fatty acids as the primary fuel source of an early morning cardio session. If your diet is on, you should have no problem maintaining muscle mass while losing fat.

Performing aerobics first thing in the morning (on an empty stomach) is an excellent way to burn body fat stores (provided that you keep your maximum heart rate in the 65-70% range).

Tough Old Man said:
I must add to this. I guess it depends on what type of cardio your doing. Mine is low intensity for 45 min's which burns fat and not muscle.

Right on...

Last edited:
YSK said:

I used to have the suggested dosage of a protein shake + milk before I went to the gym. Id workout THEN do cardio.

But then I finally cut the protein dosage in half, which is 1 scoop instead of two, + smaller dosage of milk and this was a good pre-workout meal.

I dont know if youre working out on these days as well...but you might wanna do cardio after your workout. But if its just cardio, then ok.

Back