• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Little Wing Gets Serious

IML Gear Cream!
I do caretaker relief for a woman taking care of her dad. He is in the later stages of Alzheimer's. Twice I have baked him apple pies and each time had a very small slice when he had some because I'm doing keto but not stupid.... He won't eat unless I sit down with him and eat too. Both times it has been the only sugar etc I have eaten on keto and both times I got a headache. I'm talking small like 3 bites. Apparently sugar intake stimulates norepinephrine, which is a vasoconstrictor.. Cerebral vasoconstriction can cause a headache...

Of course I never associated it the first time and forgot I had even eaten sugar... the second time was like wow, it's the sugar.

Last night he told me he remembered his mother baking nice things and then telling them it was for some event and they couldn't have any. He enjoys the desserts so much I don't see not making them as an option.

Now the plan is to make him stuff I can mimic a serving of keto compliant something for myself. The idea makes me make the bug tv face.... but I have keto recipe books. He wants a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting.

Bug tv is the faces my kids and I were making watching a documentary on dung beetles.

Last edited:
I found a reasonable cake recipe and will just put no sugar nat pb on top. I'm not baking for him all the time so not too bad of an issue. The bug tv face is not because I think it will taste bad it's just cuz I don't really get making all these keto cakes, cookies, truffles etc. I think it would make it harder to not crave the real thing? And it seems like a lot of work to have a fake cookie. I'm going to start making meals for him in trays like bbs use for their meal preps. He wants to eat out all the time and the sodium and added crap probably does not help his condition. Plus.... his daughter is mothereffing sick of running to restaurants.

So my one food challenge thus far on keto has been client etiquette with an elderly gentleman that is an important part of making Bangor what it is today and has well earned his desserts.

I may have to use the desserts to bribe him into being more accepting of the hearing aid he needs. But that's another story :coffee:

Morning meal with vitamins etc is 1 whole avocado with lime and pink salt. Protein shake with 14 oz water 2 scoops EAS 100% Whey then fast 12 hrs.

https://www.t-nation.com/training/5-dumbest-muscle-myths

3 ? Muscles must have 48 hours of rest.
Some believe that if you don't give a muscle group 48 hours of recovery you'll "overtrain" the muscle.

How long a muscle needs to recover depends on the volume and intensity of your training, and how well you eat and rest.

While it's true that it may take 48 hours or even longer for a muscle to recover after working it to its limit, it's probably also inadvisable to train in this manner consistently. One way to progress in workouts aside from increasing intensity or volume in individual workouts is to simply increase frequency.

Think of it as squeezing more training volume in over the course of weeks or months, instead of just focusing on how much you can do in your current workout. At a certain point, it'll become very difficult to progress in intensity by increasing weight or reps.

When you reach this point, increasing frequency (and thus volume over time) is an easier way to progressively overload and see progress. Plus, you're probably already training certain muscles unconsciously on back-to-back days.

Your core and abdominal muscles are used on virtually all big lifts. If you do a push/pull/legs split, you're inevitably going to hit your upper back when you bench or overhead press. If you squat or deadlift on leg day, you'll likely be using a good amount of forearms and upper back.

Tons of exercises use more than just the main muscles they target, and it can be hard to draw the line when deciding which exercises should be done on what days.

Ok so my T3 121 ng/dl and T4 1.1 ng/dl are absolutely normal... but my tsh is 0.03 uIU/ml . I am hypo not hyper and i think it's just an aberration from fasting 12 hrs before my labs and being on keto 5 weeks at time of testing.

If I'm not mistaken my dr thinks i'm in some hyper metabolic state and I am def not. Luckily. I think?, my pharmacist listened to me and gave me my usual Armour dose.

Last edited:
My tsh was 1.32 in February so i think my Dr is tripping.

Down 4 more pounds and excited my guitar finally came in the shop so I could go get it. My fingers are sore and I'm sleepy. I was at a plateau it seemed but more water and calories seems to have gotten things back on track. Avocados, eggs and protein drinks. Weights... Guitar. Repeat.

I forgot water, water, water.

Down 4 more pounds and excited my guitar finally came in the shop so I could go get it. My fingers are sore and I'm sleepy. I was at a plateau it seemed but more water and calories seems to have gotten things back on track. Avocados, eggs and protein drinks. Weights... Guitar. Repeat.

Whatcha learning on the guitar?

IML Gear Cream!
yea. took the name of my favorite song. some day i'm going to be rich n buy all of Jimi's guitars. ;)

Little Wing is also the name of the sig i made Vanity. he has a guitar like the one i used for the wing. much nicer than monkeys artistic analogy. :rolleyes: :)

strega1250gb.gif

I'm getting this one next week. Fender Jimi Hendrix Monterey Stratocaster Electric Guitar Custom Graphic...

Attachments

• 0144950340_gtr_frt_001_rr.jpg
    0144950340_gtr_frt_001_rr.jpg
    624.3 KB · Views: 25
My friend wants me to make pies again tonight when I watch her dad but I explained my diet to him when we took him to breakfast the other day so that solves that. I'm bringing water and a shake. I have to just gently remind him of things a lot but he will be cool with it.

I need to double up on the cardio. I have a couple strikes against me with keto. postmenopausal, hypothyroidism. This slow weight loss sht is for the birds. I will be patient but I think not drinking enough water might be a factor too.

I haven?t noticed you mention it anywhere... are you natural? What does the supplement regimen look like?

Supps are just whey protein. I have considered buying something for estrogen replacement and thyroid support. I need to look back over old convos with Built and get my Dr on board or find a source.

Still working it but weight loss is not very exciting cuz it's slowwwwwww. More interested in my guitars than being online when I'm not overwhelmed with my son's struggle with whatever the fuck is going on. I woke up to the sound of him screaming and had to take him to ER Friday with severe back pain. We have 2 diagnosis, Fibromyalgia and Ankylosing Spondylitis. So a fuck lot of appointments. Not sure whether to puke or cry. Just checking in to say I haven't quit or given up.

I have lost 45 pounds doing keto the last 7 months. I need to kick working out into gear. Who all is still here?

I have lost 45 pounds doing keto the last 7 months. I need to kick working out into gear. Who all is still here?

Good job. Not sure who all is still here but I am. :)

After so long on a carbs are the devil eating regimen I'm mentally having a hard time switching gears. And physically, carbs make me feel like sedated shit. Plus... I rebooted keto after losing 50 pounds. Ate enough fats and protein to stay out of ketosis but not gain weight back a couple months and found out going back into ketosis is super fast and does restart the rapid weight loss phase. I like it a lot. Really struggling to switch to eating even the steel cut oats and sweet potato I bought more than a week ago. Keto gives me energy nd adding carbs makes me feel like a slug.

I stopped Keto for quite a white because I was experiencing hair shedding and mt doctor thought it was the keto. it mysteriously stopped on my mom's birthday. I gained 12 pounds back in about 9 mos maybe off keto, am doing it again and have now lost that and more. I lost a lot of pics of myself I had on here over the years and friggin imageshack of course has nothing after all this time. Looking for whatever I can find and laughing my ass off at the old threads and shenanigans here.

I stopped Keto for quite a while because I was experiencing hair shedding and my doctor thought it was the keto. it mysteriously stopped on my mom's birthday. I gained 12 pounds back in about 9 mos maybe off keto, am doing it again and have now lost that and more. I lost a lot of pics of myself I had on here over the years and friggin imageshack of course has nothing after all this time. Looking for whatever I can find and laughing my ass off at the old threads and shenanigans here.

When I think about aging, I pretty much just wanna be this guy. And hey, if I can walk around topless by then, all the better.

Attachments

• image-asset.jpeg
    image-asset.jpeg
    32.1 KB · Views: 1
Back