• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Breakfast and whey

myCATpowerlifts

Registered Abuser
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I finally was able to afford a new jug of whey protein after going without for 6 months....

I want to start taking it with breakfast.

Is it ok if I put 100%whey protein in water and drink it, and THEN have my breakfast.

Or should I take it after, or should it be in something besides water?

dude, how much is the whey??
how old be ye?

I personally find whey to be a very cheap consistent protein source for me.

But in answer to your question, it really depends on your individual macro requirements.

A lot of people take their whey asap after waking, and with water, so that the protein gets digested asap.

then it is ok to eat the normal brekky, with carbs and such.

whey to go...

What is your regular morning meal? You can use whey as an exclusive source of protein in addition to your carbohydrate and fat source. For example, whey, oatmeal, and nat pb.

Or you can use one scoop of whey (in water, low fat/non fat milk) in addition to eating egg whites or just add the whey to your preferred source of cereal (oatmeal, cream of wheat, grits, etc). There are a variety of things you can do with whey.

Or even this:

Smoo_lord said:
A lot of people take their whey asap after waking, and with water, so that the protein gets digested asap.

Smoo_lord said:
dude, how much is the whey??
how old be ye?

I personally find whey to be a very cheap consistent protein source for me.

But in answer to your question, it really depends on your individual macro requirements.

I'm 17, but I just never got around to buying it for a few months, and then I spent 900 dollars on a new computer.
So I couldnt afford it for a while, even though at the drug emporium you can get 2 lbs for 13 dollars, which is what I got.

But thanks for the responses guys. I just wanted to make sure that drinking it with water on an empty stomach wouldn't force my body to use it as energy instead of synthesizing it.

myCATpowerlifts said:
I finally was able to afford a new jug of whey protein after going without for 6 months....

I want to start taking it with breakfast.

Is it ok if I put 100%whey protein in water and drink it, and THEN have my breakfast.

Or should I take it after, or should it be in something besides water?
There is no problem with doing that - unless you are already eating a lot of protein with breakfast, in which case you would be overdosing on the protein and you would be wasting that precious whey you just bought.

There would also be nothing wrong with using it AT breakfast (eg: in oats, with some milk, as a 'shake' on the side, in pancakes etc etc).

The point of using it at breakfast would be if you could not meet your protein requirements with other food.

Back