• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

frozen yogurt with whey powder

sweetness

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Made some frozen low fat yogurt with whey powder,lemon juice and castor sugar to it,tastes good!
Anyway Has anyone done this as i'm now wondering if the whey powder may of been damaged or destroyed while freezing it??

sweetness said:
Made some frozen low fat yogurt with whey powder,lemon juice and castor sugar to it,tastes good!
Anyway Has anyone done this as i'm now wondering if the whey powder may of been damaged or destroyed while freezing it??
Freezing whey is fine. The protein is still protein so you will still be getting the nutritional content...

Sounds yummy! :chomp:

But... Being anal like I am, if you want to make it healthier I would take out the caster sugar and use something else (like an extract such as vanilla or rose water or a natural non-calorie sweetener like stevia). :)

Heres how i made frozen yogurt

250g low fat yogurt
75g castor sugar
1 tps of lemon juice
100ml low fat milk
50g or 2 serving of whey powder-vannilla flavour

Put everything into bowl and stir, then freeze ingredients,
serves two.Take out freezer and eat 20mins later

Raspberry Frozen Yogurt, Sugar-Free

Ingredients :

1/4 cup water
1 tsp unflavored gelatin
1 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries or fresh
12 pkt Splenda sweetener or other brand (1 gram)
1 cup plain low-fat yogurt stirred
1 x egg white
1/3 cup cold water
1/3 cup nonfat dry milk

Method :
In a small saucepan or Microwave cup, combine 1/4 cup water with gelatin; let stand 1 minute. Cook and stir over Low heat until gelatin dissolves; set aside. In blender or food processor fitted with metal blade (I used hand held blender) puree berries. Strain; discard seeds. Combine pureed berries with Equal and dissolve gelatin. Stir in in yogurt. In a small bowl, combine egg white with 1/3 cup water and dry milk; beat until stiff but not dry. Fold into raspberry mixture. Freeze in ice cream maker according to directions.
(In my ice cream mixer, pour into frozen bowl, mix for 20-25 minutes, leave in bowl longer to freeze more or put in freeze container and freeze until needed.)
Makes 1 quart.

Vanilla Ice Cream (No Fat, No Salt, No Sugar)

1 tsp unflavored gelatin
2 1/4 cup cold skim milk
1 cup nonfat dry milk
4 oz egg beaters 99% egg substitute
5 tsp NutraSweet or Equal
1/8 tsp lemon or almond extract
2 tsp vanilla extract

Method :
Sprinkle gelatin over skim milk in a small saucepan and allow gelatin to soften for a few minutes. Stir mixture over low heat until gelatin completely dissolves. Remove from heat and place saucepan in another bowl of cold or ice water to cool to room temperature. Combine remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until well combined. Add milk-gelatin mixture and blend for a few more seconds. Chill in refrigerator until ready to freeze. Blend for a few seconds before pouring mixture through a strainer into the ice cream maker. Follow instructions for freezing.
Makes about 1 quart.

i freeze mine all the time for work... what i do is blend up a good shake:
something like 1 cup oats, 1 cup skim, 1 scoop whey, 1 tbsp pb... blend it all up, pour into a shaker, and stick it in the freezer... that way, when i pull it out for work in the morning... by the time its time to drink it (around 2-3pm) its thawed out and perfect to drink.

Back