IronMagLabs

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Protein Powder, Milk, Ice, and Ice Cream?

Rep Points

Protein Powder, Milk, Ice, and Ice Cream?

Hey, I have currently been taking MLO Mus-l blast 2000+ with 2% milk and grinded ice. I was wondering if it would hurt any nutritional attributes if I added a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream to make it thicker.

KUTTIN'UP

Rep Points

just use less liquid or put in more powder.unless you're just looking to add some useless(sugar) calories.does this stuff you'use have ant caseinate in it?if it does just let the shake sit for a minute & it will thicken on its own.you could add 1/2-1 tsp.plain gelatin to thicken it some.if you put in enough gelatin it will have a pudding consistency.
    YOU CAN SPEND YOUR TIME ANY WAY YOU WANT ,BUT YOU CAN SPEND IT ONLY ONCE.
    MAKE IT WORTH IT!!!!!!

P/RR/Sh Warrior

Rep Points

it will make a difference if your cutting/bulking/ or maintaining.what are your goals??
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    www.prrstraining.com Time to GROW Without Plateau!

Rep Points

My goal is just to have a nice body, I'm only 15 years old, 5'9 only 140lbs now and I'm trying to gain body weight and muscle mass at the same time, I want to get to our 155-160 or so but still be in good thin shape for my sports.

P/RR/Sh Warrior

Rep Points

if you trying to gain wt then it should'nt hurt to throw a scoop or two in the mix.i'm not sure what the ratio's are in muscle blast 2000. but i might suggest taking it right after your workouts.o'k i just checked the ratios out,you might want to eat a some more protien as well.whey/steak/egg whites/cottage cheese...
    Last edited by Tank316; 03-18-2002 at 03:25 PM.

Rep Points

What suppliment do you suggest to take for me to reach my goals? I work out 2-3 times a week depending if I'm able to get a ride to the gym. Creatine? Or is the current suppliment enough.

P/RR/Sh Warrior

Rep Points

my thought would be to hold of on creatine for awhile yet.glutamine or blended protien[mixture of wheys] pro v by labrada...or pro complex by optimum[no casien].if money is an issue then eat more quality foods.

Rep Points

Thanks Tank, do you know where I could pick these suppliments up for the cheapest price? Doesn't matter, online or regular stores. Also, do these taste like horrible or decent? Like I don't want one where it is a pain in the butt to try to drink. Which one do you suggest.

Rep Points

I just got back from the gym and I asked this guy what he uses because he is at the gym like all the time and he seems to know what he's doing since you can tell he's been lifting for a while, but I asked him what suppliment he uses and he looked at me and said for me to just get like calorie pills for calories and he also said "If you want to gain strength and gain some weight, some people might say it doesn't work, but Nitrex (I think that's what it's called, I kind of forgot, I know it has like Nitro or Nitr- in it any ring a bell?) works really well for me, take that three times a day and have one right after you get home from the gym so it works right away. You can take it because your kind of thin so you won't need to worry about getting fat" (5'9 140lbs 15yrs old) Any of you approve of his suggestion to me and have anyone heard of this nitrex or nitro something?
    Last edited by TheStuff; 03-19-2002 at 06:32 PM.

P/RR/Sh Warrior

Rep Points

nitro-tech made by muscle tech.as far as taste goes most companies try to make their products well enough to drink."BUT", it takes awhile to ''learn ''to appreciate the taste...learn to like them for their purpose rather then their taste..on line is a good way to by supps.

Rep Points

okay, so what's your two cents between the nitro-tech, pro v and pro complex?

P/RR/Sh Warrior

Rep Points

never tried nitro tech, i like pro complex,but its missing casien[a slower digesting protien] and now switching to pro-v because it has casien.Kuso and GoPro have pointed me in the right direction on these protiens supplements

Rep Points

do it

if you are only 15 then pack it on. your age should allow you to gain weight quickly without too much fat, if you contiue to be active

Rep Points

Umm, okay, today I went to the GNC store to buy the suppliments that you guys suggested. They didn't have the Pro-V 60 or the other one. He suggested to me GNC's own product called "GNC Weightgainer 2200 Pro" and "GNC 100% Whey Protein" because I am "too young" for anything like those other suppliments you've suggested. (15 years old) I bought the trail package for today for the GNC Weightgainer 2200 Pro and tried it out. What do you guys think I should do? Stick with it? or go with other suppliments... and if so, which.

Founder of GOSB
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

ISS Pro3 and Human development(MD labs) also has combitnation of proteins and very good!

Rep Points

Hmm, okay, I don't know what, but I've heard a lot of good things about the Optium Pro Complex suppliment with the Optium 100% Whey Protein powder (from what I read about it in a thread recently posted) So do you guys suggest that I purchase the Optium Pro Complex with the Optium 100% Whey Protein powder? or stay with the GNC products like the guy has suggested. Also, where on the internet can I find these products the cheapest to purchase, because GNC is surly not cheap at all. Please respond, I'm going to be purchasing soon.

P.S. Tank, you said this in a post in this thread

"i like pro complex,but its missing casien[a slower digesting protien] and now switching to pro-v because it has casien"

What's the difference between having casien and not having casien? Like does it matter if it's a slower digesting protein or no? Responses would be greatful. Thanks again for all the help everyone.

P/RR/Sh Warrior

Rep Points

if i remember right,casien comes from skim milk, i'll double check for sure.this wasnt meant to confuse ya,sorry.to slow down the absorbion of the whey just mix it with milk.wt gainers,there's good ones and bad ones,you really cant digest that many calories in one sitting, so if you go with gnc's product,cut the serving in half and mix it with milk. i've heard that their whey is alright.try going on-line to find cheaper brands, gnc is a little spendy..any other ?

Rep Points

So do you suggest for me to purchase the Optium Pro Complex with the Optium 100% Whey protein powder?

P/RR/Sh Warrior

Rep Points

yes, like i said in the pm.one or the other...