• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Are resistance bands good for training?

Imwithstupid926

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I saw some at my local target store and my friend says they're pretty good. Are they worth the $12.00 that I could buy them for? Also do they brake or snap easy?

I'm getting some tommorow so I'll take some pics and review them.

Powerlifters frequently use them for the purpose of lockout training, as the resistance becomes greater the more the bands stretch. I don't know how beneficialy they would be for hypertrophy though.

Imwithstupid926 said:
I'm getting some tommorow so I'll take some pics and review them.
Look you only 13 yrs old. Forget the bands for now. Spend the next few years utilizing a good diet and stick to free weights using compound movement exercises. This is the best advice

Tough Old Man said:
Look you only 13 yrs old. Forget the bands for now. Spend the next few years utilizing a good diet and stick to free weights using compound movement exercises. This is the best advice
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
To many people here spend hours and hours over thinking how to train......if they put that much time and effort into their currant training they would see great results.......

I agree with tough and foreman. Drop the bull shit and lift some weights.

So dont get any bands. Only problem is... My house is full of tile no carpet, and if I drop one I'm busted. Is there any mats that I could get so I can use weights?

can you set up shop in the garage?

you can get mats at performbetter.com I believe. maybe even newyorkbarbells.com

Imwithstupid926 said:
So dont get any bands. Only problem is... My house is full of tile no carpet, and if I drop one I'm busted. Is there any mats that I could get so I can use weights?
the only restrictions you have are the ones in your head!

IML Gear Cream!
Imwithstupid926 said:
Walmart also sells mats. Now listen here though. My house is tile to, I know cause I laid it. Now in the last 18 months I only broke one tile where I lift. That's because a fucking chain broke and the weight dropped. Not because I dropped the weight. I also don't lay weights on my tile either.
Like Patrick said. Tell mom and dad to park the car outside, going taking over the garage. If they tell you fine and also sleep there, great do it. I highly recommend sleeping with your weights. It's better then some nagging lady friend fucking with you all night long. P-funk will verify this:)

I sleep with my weights all the time. I put the hole on the 45lb plate around my cock before bed every night.

I do the same, when I get up to piss,
I see if I can make it to the dunny and back to bed,
before I break my toes - Whoooooosh!

Last edited:
The Monkey Man said:
I do the same, when I get up to piss,
I see if I can make it to the dunny, and back to bed
without breaking my toes

the true test of strength. :thumb:

The Monkey Man said:
My 50 yard dash time has gone down 2/10ths

because of the 45lb plate on your cock?

P-funk said:
because of the 45lb plate on your cock?
Yes, the problem is...

When I am competing on the track, I actually have to whip out my jimmy
and start peeing as I run...

I think it has to do with muscle memory - :hmmm:
(So far it has worked great as a psychological advantage)

Well, this thread has now deteriorated into peepee talk. Game on!

IML Gear Cream!
Imwithstupid926 said:
I saw some at my local target store and my friend says they're pretty good. Are they worth the $12.00 that I could buy them for? Also do they brake or snap easy?
May I make this suggestion. If you really want to use bands, then take up golf. Use one band and tie from your head to your dick. This will help you keep your head down while playing. Otherwise FORGET THE FUCKING BANDS

Tough

Tough Old Man said:
May I make this suggestion. If you really want to use bands, then take up golf. Use one band and tie from your head to your dick. This will help you keep your head down while playing. Otherwise FORGET THE FUCKING BANDS

Tough
Unless your powerlifting. But the bands you saw in Wal-mart are not powerlifting bands.

I got the bands they work I'm going to use weights most of the time though.

These rule! I'm am feeling more muscle coming in then I did with weights, but I still like using weights. You people should try these!

Imwithstupid926 said:
These rule! I'm am feeling more muscle coming in then I did with weights, but I still like using weights. You people should try these!
:laugh: :laugh: :thumb:

Imwithstupid926 said:

I wish I could feel my muscles growing. Heh.

dAMvN said:
maybe if you would workout bicep you would, lol j/p :)
I questioned your signature. You claim to bench 255 x 4 giving you a 1 rep max of around 285-290 lbs. Now that tells me that you can bench more then you can deadlift 275 lbs and squat 245 lbs. I find it amazing to weigh 162 lbs and almost be able to bench double your bodyweight and only have 15 1/2" arms.

Unless the ones at Target follow color coding they are probably just basic bands for women.

Tough Old Man said:
I questioned your signature. You claim to bench 255 x 4 giving you a 1 rep max of around 285-290 lbs. Now that tells me that you can bench more then you can deadlift 275 lbs and squat 245 lbs. I find it amazing to weigh 162 lbs and almost be able to bench double your bodyweight and only have 15 1/2" arms.
question all you want old man. i know what I do and I dont lie about it. and ill snap a few good shots just for you soon around the end of oct dont worry. that squat is not my max... thats what i rep more than x8..

Back