• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

My workout plan

kamron

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ok, i'm pretty new at this and i've been doing some research for sometime, so please dont bash me if it sounds like I dont know what i'm talking about. Here is my work out plan:

Monday
chest, shoulders and triceps
Benchpress 4 sets 6-12;
incline DB 4 sets 6-12;
DB shoulders 4 sets 6-12;
lateral raises 4 sets 8-12;
skull crushers 3 sets 8-12;
DB flys 3 sets 8-12;
Dips 2 sets 8-10

Tuesday
at home - cardio

Wednesday
Legs, abs
back squats 3 sets 8-12;
deadlifts 3 sets 8-12;
calf raises 3 sets 8-12;
leg extensions 3 sets 8-12;
leg curls 8-12;
Abs
light cardio

Thursday
at home-cardio

Friday
Biceps, back
Barbell rows 4 sets 6-12;
cable rows 3 sets 6-12;
Lateral pull downs 4 sets 6-12;
standing bar curls 4 sets 6-12;
dumbell curls 3 sets 6-12;
preacher curls 3 sets 6-12;
wrist curls 3 sets 8-12

Sat
Rest

Sunday
at home - Abs and cardio

How does that look? I need to run alot because i need to be able to run the mile and a half in around 11 minutes for some test i'm gonna be taking next year. Also, is it ok to eat before you work out? If not, how long should you wait after you eat before you start working out

Last edited:
I think the workout is very reasonable. I believe you could get away with less volume in some areas, but all in all it's not bad.

Namely, I would do less isolation bicep work on back day. You have a lot of good pulling movements in there that hit your biceps already. As well, I would probably cut out a set or two from your military presses and lateral raises. The anterior delts get quite a bit of stimulation during bench pressing and incline pressing. As well, your lateral delts get a good workout during overhead pressing.

i wouldint hit shoulders the same day as chest. but thats just me. and i think you wont do it either eventually.

if your going hard on deads on wednesday, youll be toast come friday to do back. deadlifts is more of an upper body exercise(posterior chain, upper back, lats, rear delts and forearms of course, while you use minimal quads and hams imo. your also doing squats the same day? that is brutal. just my 2 cents. :D

Looks pretty good, but...

I would:

Switch shoulders for biceps.

Do DB flyes with the other movements for chest.

Drop one exercise for biceps.

Add one exercise for shoulders.

Do calf raises after quads and hams.

swordfish said:
if your going hard on deads on wednesday, youll be toast come friday to do back. deadlifts is more of an upper body exercise(posterior chain, upper back, lats, rear delts and forearms of course, while you use minimal quads and hams imo. your also doing squats the same day? that is brutal. just my 2 cents. :D

This is highly debatable. Your glutes and hamstrings get nailed hard doing deadlifts. Your upper back also gets nailed pretty hard during the lockout portion of the deadlift.

I prefer to do deadlift on leg day. The mechanics of the deadlift are not that far off from SLDLs or Romanian deadlifts. The movement is still primarily knee and hip extension, which is mostly the lower body at work. There is some degree of spinal extension at the lockout, but your upper body is really supposed to remain fairly static to allow your lower body to do the work.

Oh, and on a side note, the posterior chain consists of the glutes, hamstrings, calves, and erector spinae. That's not upper body...

Back