• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

advantages and disadvantages of running deca?

Tha Don

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
well i've planned my next cycle as follows..

wk 1-12: Test Enan @ 500mg/wk
wk 1-10: Deca @ 400mg/wk
wk 1-5: Dbol @ 25mg/ed
wk 1-14: Proviron @ 25mg/ed
wk 1-14: Letro @ 0.5 eod
wk 3-14: HCG @ 500iu/e4-5d
wk 15-18: Nolva PCT (60mg frontload, then 40/40/40/20/20 per wk)

however i'm reconsidering the deca

it turns out the test i ran on my first cycle was fake, so this will 'technically' be my first injectible AAS cycle, for that reason alone i am swaying towards a test only cycle

however i know the addition of the decas will create more hypertrophy in my muscles, improve protein uptake.. leading to increased overall mass gains, and will also protect my joints, plus side effects are very rare from deca

are there any more ads/disads to running deca? and lastly do you think i should run the deca? or save it for a future cycle?

I'm running a Deca and test cycle right now.....many of the reasons I'm doing this combo are just like the reasons you listed above. But the big reason is that I get gyno easily from test but never have had that problem with deca. So I can use a low amount of test ( I'm running 430Mg a week of test) but bump up the total mg with deca.

yeah i could maybe go with both but use a slightly lower dose, like jab the test/deca E4D instead of 2x a week, would keep concentrations more stable and also lower the extent of side effects maybe?

if you were willing to run a "test only" cycle the first time, what has changed? are you impatient b/c you didn't make the progress you expected the first time?

ultimately, it is up to you. i chose to run bread and butter the first time and again this time so don't think i'm just saying "test only" for any reason other than the fact that it was your first choice once before... and that one doesn't really count, does it? :hmmm:

yeah bro, thats what i'm saying

but up until recently i didn't know that my test was fake, and yes i am impaitent, feel like i'm still going round in circles, once i'm done cutting i'll be pretty much were i was last year before i bulked up naturally over the winter, and before i touched my 1ad and AAS cycles, i've lost over 2 stones (26lbs) in 2 months, and it really sucks! seems like i am destined to stay between 175 and 185lbs (depending on my BF%), stupid ectomorph genetics! hence i want to get my juice on properly this time! i'm determined to be bigger and leaner this time next year

I won't run deca for one reason..libido

don't get too frenetic about it all. just plan your work and work your plan. you'll be fine.
if i were in your ectomorphic shoes, which i am, i would probably do a bread and butter 10-12 week bulk and then wait at least 16-18 weeks to maintain size and rebalance the endocrine system before you go back to a 1 or 2 short estered compound 8 week cutter. that would put your final product date at around mid-June '07.

by bread and butter and you talking test and deca? or test and dbol?

i feel what you saying bro, as long as i can hold below 14% BF i have no problem maintaining off cycle, its when my BF goes up to 17.5%! thats when i go crazy and cut when i shouldn't :( that is my challenge, stay lean at 200lbs+, if i can manage that then i've got it locked ;)

lnvanry said:
I won't run deca for one reason..libido

deca is also a heavy anabolic which means when run alone your strength will be shit

IML Gear Cream!
i'm definately referring to testosterone plus a primarily anabolic injectable such as nandrolone or boldenone... but dianabol would work too. personally, i'm not into orals. i know i've done them before (M1T and M5AA) but i just like to take more "calculated" risks these days. i choose boldenone for the reason discussed earlier, no loss of libido, but also for the added anabolism. when i cut, i will probably go with a T-Prop/Masteron stack... but maybe Fina/T-Prop.

are you saying that you finish a bulker at 14% but then trying to maintain the new mass you go up to 17.5%... if so, i would tweek the carbs a little and add low intensity cardio and loads of bcaa's (or glutamine at the very least.)

19-chief said:
i'm definately referring to testosterone plus a primarily anabolic injectable such as nandrolone or boldenone... but dianabol would work too. personally, i'm not into orals. i know i've done them before (M1T and M5AA) but i just like to take more "calculated" risks these days. i choose boldenone for the reason discussed earlier, no loss of libido, but also for the added anabolism. when i cut, i will probably go with a T-Prop/Masteron stack... but maybe Fina/T-Prop.

are you saying that you finish a bulker at 14% but then trying to maintain the new mass you go up to 17.5%... if so, i would tweek the carbs a little and add low intensity cardio and loads of bcaa's (or glutamine at the very least.)
yeah, test and deca is what i'm planning still, i have plenty of prov and letro for the bloat and plenty of hcg for the boys

i might run a low/weak dbol kickstart just to set things off, first 3-4 weeks at 20-25mg, and drop it soon as i feel the test enter the building, i feel a lot more prepared (both physically and mentally) this time round, i don't plan to start till my BF is sub 12%

i'm also looking at prop/masteron when cutting comes around, i've heard so many horror stories with tren (tren cough), don't think i'll be touching that for a little while yet

yeah i'm going to have to work hard this pct, last pct i got very lazy, diet slipped and before i knew it i was up 2% BF, that is gonna be a big challenge, esp. when i'm doing HIT style training, i'm not burning many cals, i think doing a little bit of cardio over pct would be a good idea, maybe eca too.. not sure on that 1

also a question for Mr. Lam... what sort of cardio during PCT would be best? would it be low intesity (which would be my initial thought!) or would HIIT still be the best method? as cardio sessions would be short and i read somewhere it can increase GH production... but i'm not sure whether being on PCT would make HIIT cardio a no-no?

Back