• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community!
    Thanks! 💪

Oxandrolone for back injury

MC117

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
After five months of lower back problems (suspected muscle strain or ligament sprain) my doctor has suggested an Oxandrin prescription to move along the recovery process. I've been training naturally for five years with great success and have no first hand experience with aas, but I know that $1000 is alot to pay for 60 10mg tabs of anything. I am becoming desperate and wanted to know if this will help with my recovery before I go for it. I'm not going to take this looking for size or strength gains; I know that this particular anabolic is not very good for either, I simply want this damn injury to heal!!! Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

If you dont have insurance, I hardly see how 60x10mg is going to do much in the way of helping anything. Plenty of people get injured ON steroids, dont think that anavar is going to magically heal you by taking 600mg of the stuff, there are people who take that much in a week.

Growth hormone might be another story, but that would cost even more for long term treatment.

Isn't deca supposed to be the good one for connective tissue?? - :shrug:

I understand that this won't be a magical fix, but it just might be a good jumpstart to the healing process. Many anabolics are noted for their amazing recuperative and muscle recovery properties so anything is better than what I've been dealing with. I've read about a baseball player with a partial tear to his hamstring, administered 50mg/day of anavar for 2 weeks and completely healed an injury that might have cost him the season. Would this dosage be more appropriate? If not, what should I be looking for?

By the way, thanks for the quick reply guys, I really do appreciate it. This has already been much more informative than another visit to the doctors office.

If this was more informative than a doctors visit, you really need to find a new doctor.

If it does the trick I'll be happy for you, its a shame the US drug industry charges so much money.

As you might guess, most general practitioners have a very limited knowledge of aas, and athletes in general, so mine seemed to think that this prescription would be the boost I needed to get back on track... so I thought (hoped) he might be right. Obviously you guys have much more experience in this arena and so if you say it won't work, it probably won't. I'm all ears if you have any suggestions on what I should do :thumb:

That price is 100% wrong ( did you just make it up???), I will have to look it up but with a prescription and with out insurance it will cost around $180 or less.

MC117 said:
my doctor has suggested an Oxandrin prescription to move along the recovery process.
so, can't he prescribe it for you and you just pay the standard prescription fee? or is it a totally different system over there?

Also what is the exact injury????? We cant be guessing here. Steroids will not help you recover from ligament injuries quicker.

I did not make it up, but thanks. My hometown pharmacy does not carry this so my doctor directed me to drugstore.com... go check. If you know where I can get it cheaper lets hear it.

IML Gear Cream!
Also I cannot afford an MRI so the best that two doctors, a physical therapist and a chiropractor can say is that I'm dealing with a muscle strain or a lumbo-pelvic ligament sprain.

MC117 said:
I did not make it up, but thanks. My hometown pharmacy does not carry this so my doctor directed me to drugstore.com... go check. If you know where I can get it cheaper lets hear it.
Are you in America??? If so give me a day and I will find a much better price at Pharmacy that is a national chain.

Yes, I'm in the US. Thanks for the help. Any idea why i would be directed to a site that charges about six times the normal cost?

MC117 said:
My hometown pharmacy does not carry this so my doctor directed me to drugstore.com...

what city do you live in ? there has to be more than 1 drugstore there

there is a CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, etc... all with similar prices... the small mom&pop place I usually use does not carry oxandrin

Back