Divine Nutrition

Does the pursuit of a great body control your life?

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Does the pursuit of a great body control your life?

I am posting on the forums at 10:40 on a Saturday night.....how lame. I just watched my buddies walk out the door on their way downtown. This marks the second Saturday in a row that I chose to stay home and get a good night's sleep over going out and partying, just so that I could get a better workout in the morning and avoid the beer carbs. If I go out, I am going to spend $100.00 or more at the bar, and have a great time, but lately my need to be stronger and look better has driven me to skipping out on the things I use to love. Never has it occurred to me, until now, that maybe I am taking this too far. In under 5 months I dropped from a 42" waist to a 36" waist, and doubled my strength and muscle tone. I use to eat complete garbage, but now I carefully organize my meals on calorie intake and P/C/F%. The taste of food is no longer a consideration when its time to eat. Most of the people that new me a year ago have a bugeyed look on their face when they see me, because of how much better I look. This drives me harder and harder to the point that my life revolves around the gym. Am I taking this too far, or am I finally realizing what it takes to be what I want to be? I guess those that sacrifice reap the rewards later, and my turn will be soon. If keep pushing myself this hard I can see in maybe a year of how great I will look, and all this will be worth it.

Sorry about the rant. Do you guys ever feel the same way? What sacrifices do you make in the pursuit of a great body?

Rep Points

At 15-20 yes
    But after that it became a positive influence but no longer was #1 in my life......dropped down to #4 or #5 on my list.
    I highly recommend all IronMagLabs supplements!
    www.ironmaglabs.com

Dr. Lector

Rep Points

I just got back from the gym @ 9:30 at night and I'm hear to buddy. BTW Good job on the transformation. And it's also only about a tie between paying the bills, school work, and trying to listen to my wife...uhmm did I say that with my outside voice?
    "A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti." Anthony Hopkins (Hannibal) in Silence of the Lambs (1991)

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by CANIBALISTIC
    I just got back from the gym @ 9:30 at night and I'm hear to buddy. BTW Good job on the transformation. And it's also only about a tie between paying the bills, school work, and trying to listen to my wife...uhmm did I say that with my outside voice?
    Oh yeah, I am a fulltime college student finishing my senior year while working a 30 hour a week job. "Me time" is a thing of the past. Speaking of school work, wtf am I doing on the forums right now, I have database homework to be doing. Later fellows.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by KelJu
    I am posting on the forums at 10:40 on a Saturday night.....how lame. I just watched my buddies walk out the door on their way downtown. This marks the second Saturday in a row that I chose to stay home and get a good night's sleep over going out and partying, just so that I could get a better workout in the morning and avoid the beer carbs. If I go out, I am going to spend $100.00 or more at the bar, and have a great time, but lately my need to be stronger and look better has driven me to skipping out on the things I use to love. Never has it occurred to me, until now, that maybe I am taking this too far. In under 5 months I dropped from a 42" waist to a 36" waist, and doubled my strength and muscle tone. I use to eat complete garbage, but now I carefully organize my meals on calorie intake and P/C/F%. The taste of food is no longer a consideration when its time to eat. Most of the people that new me a year ago have a bugeyed look on their face when they see me, because of how much better I look. This drives me harder and harder to the point that my life revolves around the gym. Am I taking this too far, or am I finally realizing what it takes to be what I want to be? I guess those that sacrifice reap the rewards later, and my turn will be soon. If keep pushing myself this hard I can see in maybe a year of how great I will look, and all this will be worth it.

Sorry about the rant. Do you guys ever feel the same way? What sacrifices do you make in the pursuit of a great body?
    Yeah, I feel the same way. But I wouldn't change it for anything, in fact it is a love/hate relationship that I have. I hate the fact that I have to eat constantly and sleep all the time, not do this or that. The only thing I really sacrifice is my spending money. However, in the end I love seeing the progress in the gym. Work hard = accomplish a goal. Nothing wrong with that.

Rep Points

Alchohol sucks. Its the worst drug out there. That doesnt mean you cant go out, have a few lemon waters, and talk to the woman. Woman love non-drinking guys. Still, in general, your on the right track. Chosing between building a great body and ruining one is really no choice at all.

I'd stay home, smoke some shit, get your rest, and knock hell out of the iron the next day......................Rich
    "Death to Tyrants"!

Magical Apelikemenace
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

You will fall off the wagon...

So just go out with your loser friends now and get it over with
    you skinny fat boy-

(reverse psychology)

Have Problems?... Chances are its due to overpopulation
    Save The Oceans, Save the Planet, Save Your Family, Save Yourself!

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by The Monkey Man
    You will fall off the wagon...

So just go out with your loser friends now and get it over with
    you skinny fat boy-

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........ I'll show you, you son of a bitch! I will be a massive machine of muscle and dedication. I'll show you, hahahaha, I show them all.

Nice psychology, now I shall go workout.