• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Meal Timing

WantToBeBig

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
My current daily routine requires me to hit the gym around 6 P.M. after this I consume a post workout shake, and around 7:30 or so I have my final meal of the day. My question is, what should the makeup of this final meal be, until now I have been consuming the protien, carb, veggie scenario, and it is usually my largest meal of the day. I do this since it is Post-Post workout and I want to replenish.
I am wondering, since this is only about 2 hours before bed, if I should reduce the calorie intake and limit carbs, or if I should continue the way I have to replenish the necessary carbs as a typical post workout meal.

thanks for the help.

WantToBeBig said:
My current daily routine requires me to hit the gym around 6 P.M. after this I consume a post workout shake, and around 7:30 or so I have my final meal of the day. My question is, what should the makeup of this final meal be, until now I have been consuming the protien, carb, veggie scenario, and it is usually my largest meal of the day. I do this since it is Post-Post workout and I want to replenish.
I am wondering, since this is only about 2 hours before bed, if I should reduce the calorie intake and limit carbs, or if I should continue the way I have to replenish the necessary carbs as a typical post workout meal.

Eat to refuel yourself from your workout.

Your body doesn't care if you are going to bed in a few hours, it will just want to repair itself and start the glycogen replenishment and protein synthesis.

You should have more carbs in your PWO shake though - so the meal doesn't have to be 'the biggest meal of the day'... it should just be enough to continue your replenishment... Of course, this depends partially on your goals and what you are willing to 'compromise'...

And, unless you go to bed at about 9.30pm then you might even want to throw something in before bed too.

So something like:
PWO shake - carbs + protein
~ 1 hr later - good meal of carbs, protein and fats + vegetables

Thanks Emma...This is what my Post Workout eating has been:

PWO Shake- 45g Whey
40g Dextrose
5g Creatine
(I have considered adding some quick oats to this as well)

PWO Meal - 45min-1hr after shake
Either Grilled Chicken or Salmon
Rice
Vegetables

Last night I started to add an additional meal at around 10PM consisting of low sodium peanuts, and skim milk.

Back