• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

How to Treat Athlete's Foot

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Several over-the-counter remedies can help cure athlete's foot. Once you have successfully treated it, be diligent in trying to prevent it from returning.

Steps:
1. Apply a topical antifungal ointment such as miconazole or clotrimazole two to three times a day. Reapply after showering and before going to bed.

2. Dry carefully between each toe whenever your feet get wet. Consider using a hair dryer set on low to thoroughly dry your feet.

3. Place cotton balls between your toes at night if your feet perspire excessively when you sleep.

4. Avoid harsh soaps, especially deodorant soaps.

5. Sprinkle an antifungal powder containing miconazole or clotrimazole into your shoes when you plan to wear your shoes for several hours.

6. Pour a small amount of astringent onto a piece of gauze and wipe the crusty areas on your feet and between your toes. Then let the gauze sit on the crusty spots for a few minutes. The astringent will draw more moisture from your foot.

7. Go barefoot as much as possible during the acute phase of athlete's foot.

8. Ask your doctor for a prescription of oral griseofulvin for athlete's foot that spreads or will not go away.

Tips:
Within 7 to 10 days of using the over-the-counter antifungal creams, you should begin to see some improvement. If not, visit your doctor.

See "How To Prevent Athlete's Foot" under Related eHows for additional guidelines.

Warnings:
If you have any questions or concerns, contact a physician or other health care professional before engaging in any activity related to health and diet. This information is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment.

Tips from eHow Users:
Not the most salubrious but effective by njb
An old Army remedy for athletes foot is to urinate on your feet in the shower. The urea (carbamide) is an effective antifungal.

Source

What if it has already spread to under your toes?

I don't know really, but I once had it in my teens and I followed a few of those tips and it helped. I didn't try the urine part though.
I guess you keep trying this and if it doesn't get better see a doctor.

Also always buy 100% cotton socks.

im prone to athletes foot but i found ways to avoid it...
1. dont wear the same sweat filled shoes all the time...
2. change socks regularly
3. dont shower at the gym
4. wash feet ( i know most you guys dont )
5. use a otc is it is neccesary
6. dont chill in sweat filled shoes...change em...dont let ur feet be moist

never bothered me...

I used to shower w/ out sandals everywhere including the dorm showers my freshman year:laugh:...

My husband has it on his left foot only, so does his dad... it never goes away just goes from not so good to really gnarly!
I still say he should let me amputate. :D

BritChick said:
My husband has it on his left foot only, so does his dad... it never goes away just goes from not so good to really gnarly!
I still say he should let me amputate. :D
That's so odd, only the left?

min0 lee said:
That's so odd, only the left?

Yep, he's only ever had it on the one foot... but then Rod always has been a little um 'different'. :p

Back