• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Quaker vs. steel cut

njc

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ive always ate the old fashioned quaker oats but bought some of the Steel Cut Oats today under the impression that they have a superior GI? Am I right?

Yes, you are right. They are less processed. Steel cut is the actual grout cut into pieces where rolled oats is the grout de-shelled and rolled flat. Less processed the better.

Jodi said:
Yes, you are right. They are less processed. Steel cut is the actual grout cut into pieces where rolled oats is the grout de-shelled and rolled flat. Less processed the better.
Thanks Jodi

Are the Quaker still a good BBder food?

Yes it is. Very much so :)

Good stuff. I've never heard of steel cut oats. I'll have to give them a taste.

I dunno bout quaker oats, cus I used to have them for breakfast with a shake, but three hours after I still felt bloated, so I usually have a multigrain cereal like kashi instead.

CowPimp said:
Good stuff. I've never heard of steel cut oats. I'll have to give them a taste.
Hmm.. You could have heard of their other names - Steel cut = scotch oats = irish oats??

But certainly give them a try! Very yummy!

(be warned - they do take a while to cook! Similar to brown rice if you do it over the stove... you can also use a rice cooker or you can soak them in boiling water for an hour or so before cooking them in the microwave).

My local grocer sells it right next to the Quaker Oats and all the other oatmeal

Pretty easy to spot out

IML Gear Cream!
also if you have a store with bulk grains such as Whole Foods in your area you should be able to find steel cut oats there for much cheaper. The local Whole Foods near me sells steel cut oats for .79cents a lb. so less than half of what most of the prepackaged stuff sells for.

Tastes like regular rolled oats but with a better texture, nuttier flavor. I like to switch between thick rolled oats, oat bran and steel cut just for some variety. All can be found very cheap at Whole Foods. Bought about 5lbs of those various oats for around 3 bucks.

Emma-Leigh said:
Hmm.. You could have heard of their other names - Steel cut = scotch oats = irish oats??

But certainly give them a try! Very yummy!

(be warned - they do take a while to cook! Similar to brown rice if you do it over the stove... you can also use a rice cooker or you can soak them in boiling water for an hour or so before cooking them in the microwave).

I've heard of Irish oats. Didn't know there was such a difference though.

Back