• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Training with no weights

JiveTurkey

Hard Charger
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
OK, here's the deal. I'm going to be underway (out to sea on a boat) every other week this month, and I can't take any weights with me :cry: . Every other time I've gotten deployed I end up working out in the engine room with buckets of oil and big ass pipe wrench's :rocker: . It's all I have to work with. Does anyone have any ideas of how I can keep lifting, or at least get a work out while out to sea? It's hell trying to keep my size and strength while in this situation.

Find heavy objects. Patrick may post on this one.

I feel for you, as a kid I used to use gallons of paint to workout.

Try looking for a bar to do pullups, a bar to do dips.

Don't they have wieghts on the ship?

I would just find some heavy things to lift. Although it is not the same as squating in a squat rack or benching or stuff like that I am sure you can find heavy buckets and suck to do farmers walks, bentover rows (with the buckets) and overhead presses with. You can probably find bags of heavy things (maybe sand? or bring your own sand bags?) or even rice or food and carry those around as a workout. Push ups and pull ups are going to help a lot. Any type of thick bar, pole or rod can be used for thick bar lifting provided it is heavy enough or you can place some resistance on it you could then deadlift, press, clean, front squat it, etc...Lots of creative things you could do. I would probably try and find things and do a strongman circut like a medley....for example.....5 clean and presses with a heavy thick bar, push ups, pull ups, odd lift carry, bucket rows, clean and front squat for reps.....rest and repeat.

Do they still have those heavy anchors? Pulling that up would sure work your back.

min0 lee said:
Do they still have those heavy anchors? Pulling that up would sure work your back.

yea, heavy chain drags are awesome too!!

For some reason they (the chain of command) think that weights on a boat that rocks wildly from side to side would be dangerous. I've already looked all over for a suitable pipe or hunk of steal to do chin-ups on but there is nothing I can use with out melting the skin on my hands :eek: . I can do dips using the heads of two of the engines if I wear gloves, but I can't do many because they too are quite hot :sob: . I was thinking about bringing some empty milk jugs filled with water :lifter: . Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

grab one of your fellow soldiers, throw across your back and start squating.....don't ask don't tell dude.

JiveTurkey said:
For some reason they (the chain of command) think that weights on a boat that rocks wildly from side to side would be dangerous. I've already looked all over for a suitable pipe or hunk of steal to do chin-ups on but there is nothing I can use with out melting the skin on my hands :eek: . I can do dips using the heads of two of the engines if I wear gloves, but I can't do many because they too are quite hot :sob: . I was thinking about bringing some empty milk jugs filled with water :lifter: . Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Don't they have a welding shop? If so fabricate some hooks....I'm sure you won't be the only one who has this issue there.

damn, that was fast, as i was posting a reply like 3 more posts popped up. I'm digging the chain drag. So far these are rockin ideas, thanks. It looks like a strong man workout is what I'm going to be doing.

IML Gear Cream!
P-funk said:
grab one of your fellow soldiers, throw across your back and start squating.....don't ask don't tell dude.

Yeah, that rocks. I wont even tell them or warn them before I grab them. :rocker:

min0 lee said:
Don't they have a welding shop? If so fabricate some hooks....I'm sure you won't be the only one who has this issue there.

Nope, it's a small boat, around 100' long with a small crew, there's like a dozen of us. I'm really the only one that lifts for real, every other one is lazy and only does the bare minimum to pass the annual PT tests.

JiveTurkey said:
Yeah, that rocks. I wont even tell them or warn them before I grab them. :rocker:

no comment. :shhh:

Donkey calf raises are going to look mighty suspicious.

JiveTurkey said:
Nope, it's a small boat, around 100' long with a small crew, there's like a dozen of us. I'm really the only one that lifts for real, every other one is lazy and only does the bare minimum to pass the annual PT tests.

what kind of boat ?

JiveTurkey said:
um..... why? i'm trying to maintain some type of anonymity.
Don't answer him. He's going to go out to sea and kidnap you.

Back