Health/Life Problems

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Unhappy Health/Life Problems

First let me begin with, Hi my name is Adam im 15 and im in 9th grade. Im 235lbs and only being 15 thats overweight. I dont like talking about my problems with people face to face so internet was my only choice. Ive had chest pains 1 or 2 times a week for the past 2 weeks about. I know I eat to much but its a habbit.. i eat when im feeling down or unwanted. Ive tried excersise but I dont do it long enough to have any effect. Highschool isnt much better..from being put down from fellow classmates i dont do my work cause im to sad and my grades fall i already failed 1 grade cause i care about what other people say..they call me fat.make fun of the way i walk/run.i sweat alot even when im not doing anything.. Ive skipped school 4 times so far this year casue of the kids and my absents will grow higher last year they grew to 32days..ive never talked to my parents about my problems i have..Today I skipped school cause im tired of the kids making fun of me..my parents are gonna be mad at me when they get home but ill have to take it..i need help bad im afraid of getting some disease I have no friends to hang out with..so instead i sit on the comp and play games all day.

I need help
    -Adam

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Rep Points

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Go read in the diet section on how to loose weight. Then the training section to learn how to train. You need to learn how to stand up for yourself. You don't need to fight anybody but don't just sit there and take it.

On a Mission!
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

You need an attitude change. You are only 15 and have your whole life in front of you. You can read all you want in the diet and training sections. There are alot of great people there to help you along. But, first you need to help yourself develop a positive attitude. I'd start by reading some people's journals and see what they've done for themselves. Maybe Pylon's and GG's first journals to start. I'm sure some people can throw in other names here.

Good luck. It's all in your hands.

www.Bodyfactoryllc.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Number one thing bro is get off the computer and get moving. Computers are probably one of the main reasons we are over weight. instead of playing out side and involved in sports kids today come home and plop there ass in front of computer for hours on end and this creates a lack of exercise and obessity. Sitting around on the computer feeling sorry for your self is not going to solve any problem. If your weight problem is to the point where you can not function daily then you may need to seek counseling and take on lifestyle changes under medical supervision. I have no sympathy for people who complain about there weight because it is not like cancer something that can not be cured, but weight control can be. But I am not going to sit here and tell you to go and do it. YOU ARE THE ONE TO HAVE TO MAKE THAT CHOICE... People tend to forget that they can read all they want about diet and nutrition, but forget that there is also the mental aspect which has to be conquered first before that can even take place.

I was in your shoes but just the opposite I was a runt and used to get beat up every day for no reason and come home with bruises and had to explain to parents that I got them from gym class. You need to understand that it is not you that has a problem, but rather them. They are the one with issues having to make fun of someone else to make them feel good about them selves and its a pitty that they are to stupid to even realize it. They need to take a good strong look at themselves before passing judgements on others and once you realize this you can accomplish any thing !! When you sit down and think about it it truely make sense. The only person holding you back from succeeding is your self. You took the first step and admitted that you have a problem, now take the second step and seek help on achieving your goal. Do not feel bad about going to see a counselor if neccessary even some of the famous athletes seek counseling and in the end it will make you a better person. Check at your school to see if they provide assistance and don't be afraid to go no one will know its all confidential.
    Last edited by hardasnails1973; 10-13-2005 at 07:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by boilermaker
    You need an attitude change. You are only 15 and have your whole life in front of you. You can read all you want in the diet and training sections. There are alot of great people there to help you along. But, first you need to help yourself develop a positive attitude. I'd start by reading some people's journals and see what they've done for themselves. Maybe Pylon's and GG's first journals to start. I'm sure some people can throw in other names here.

Good luck. It's all in your hands.
    Here's a thread to read.
    http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/sh...ad.php?t=54764

We all have problems, but then when we look around we see some have it worse yet still succeed.

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Most have it worse, most.

Also, if you are not looking to help yourself, how can someone else help you. Most people have a food addiction. Who doesn't want to eat what they want and stay in good shape. Unfortunately this won't happen. If you care so much about what others' think, and were ready to make some changes, you would have done so. My recommendation is to find something you are good at and stick to it. Join a sport, maybe 2, that should help with the weight loss. Gain some confidence and then try to direct that confidence at losing weight.
    If sense were common, everyone would have it.

4/2007-Current 75th Ranked most popular image 1 spot behind Prince's bulge...

Check out my world famous Bob Loblaw's Law Blog at http://www.synergyhw.blogspot.com/...Just kidding, it's a health and wellness blog.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyWay
    First let me begin with, Hi my name is Adam im 15 and im in 9th grade. Im 235lbs and only being 15 thats overweight. I dont like talking about my problems with people face to face so internet was my only choice.
    I know I eat to much but its a habbit.. i eat when im feeling down or unwanted. Ive tried excersise but I dont do it long enough to have any effect.
    i need help bad im afraid of getting some disease I have no friends to hang out with..so instead i sit on the comp and play games all day.

I need help
    -Adam
    Isn't it said that the first step to helping oneself to to admit there is a problem and to admit one needs help. The next is taking the actions to correct the problem or getting out to get the help. This kid has admitted to problems and has asked for help even if it from strangers so the least we can do is help and support him. Others have offered suggestions and I'm going to toss in another....try something as simple as just walking around the block or neighborhood for 30 minutes a day. Exercise doesn't have to be hard and doesn't always require a gym or equipment to get started.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rep Points

Number one thing... get your diet under control. This means you are going to have to tell your parents that for supper, they can not order pizza or McDonalds or buy soda and expect you to eat it anymore. They have to be in the loop on this since they are probably feeding you.

Measure everything you eat and look up the calories on www.calorieking.com and record it. I mean everything, everyday. No soda, no candy, no pizza, no fast food, no diet food. Eat chicken breasts, eggs, whole wheat grains, fruits and vegetables. Look up the calories of everything you eat before you eat it. If it has 350+ calories... you should probably not be eating it. Have 5-6 small meals a day. Then every night when you know exactly what you ate, post it here in a journal.

What is a normal days food for you? I bet it is a lot of the bad things. At 15 you should be burning calories like crazy, which means you are probably consuming a lot. Without candy, junk food and other high calorie crap like fast food, it should almost be impossible for a 15 year old boy to be overweight.

I also can't stress enough... you have to talk to your parents about this. This is a life change that you need. Without their help, it is going to be very difficult or impossible to stick to this diet. Also, getting the courage to stand up for yourself and talk openly about this to your parents will empower you. It will do a lot to increase your self confidence and just telling them what your new diet is going to be like will make you feel better about yourself. This includes discussing with them the problems it is causing in your life and the reasons why you have been skipping school. If that is too difficult for you, start by printing out this thread and giving it to them... it really needs to be done.

If you aren't willing to put in the work to talk this out with them or willing to do all the measuring and calculating it is going to take, then you aren't serious enough about changing your life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rep Points

You can log everything you eat into www.fitday.com

It's a great, free site that will make it much easier to see exactly what you eat everyday.

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

If you just sit there and take it you will fail yourself. You will miss the greatest experience in your life and that is the feeling of trying to change what you can change and achieving success. One lesson in life you must learn is that the only person that matters is you and what you do with your chances. I have a son that went through the same thing. He was 6'1" and weighed 250lbs. when he was 14. I showed him what weight lifting and cardio could do for him. I also taught him that patience was a necessity in this endeavor and the results would start showing up in three months if he was dedicated to his goal. After two years he was 6'2" and weighed 195. No one is born to fail, however it is up to you to not choose that path.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Thanks, I havnt yet had the courage to talk to my parents about it but I have started making changes...im gonna cut back on what I eat and eat healthy. Im gonna be doing everyday work outs. Look back later ill be posting on how im doing ^^ thanks again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rep Points

Thanks, I havnt yet had the courage to talk to my parents about it but I have started making changes...im gonna cut back on what I eat and eat healthy. Im gonna be doing everyday work outs. Look back later ill be posting on how im doing ^^ thanks again
    Are you going to be measuring your food and posting exactly what you ate? Are you going to record it into www.fitday.com?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Post your workout plan and a daily log of your workouts too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rep Points

Honestly, get up the courage to talk to them about it. You will thank yourself. You are skipping school and avoiding parents because of low self esteem. You need to start standing up for yourself and developing a positive self worth. If you cannot bring yourself to talk to them, just print out this thread and give it to them, or leave it on their desk or something. You need to work on your self esteem as much as you need to change your diet and work out habits. Talk to them, you will feel stronger for doing it.