• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Health/Life Problems

TheOnlyWay

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
First let me begin with, Hi my name is Adam im 15 and im in 9th grade. Im 235lbs and only being 15 thats overweight. I dont like talking about my problems with people face to face so internet was my only choice. Ive had chest pains 1 or 2 times a week for the past 2 weeks about. I know I eat to much but its a habbit.. i eat when im feeling down or unwanted. Ive tried excersise but I dont do it long enough to have any effect. Highschool isnt much better..from being put down from fellow classmates i dont do my work cause im to sad and my grades fall i already failed 1 grade cause i care about what other people say..they call me fat.make fun of the way i walk/run.i sweat alot even when im not doing anything.. Ive skipped school 4 times so far this year casue of the kids and my absents will grow higher last year they grew to 32days..ive never talked to my parents about my problems i have..Today I skipped school cause im tired of the kids making fun of me..my parents are gonna be mad at me when they get home but ill have to take it..i need help bad im afraid of getting some disease :( I have no friends to hang out with..so instead i sit on the comp and play games all day.

I need help
-Adam

waving.gif

Go read in the diet section on how to loose weight. Then the training section to learn how to train. You need to learn how to stand up for yourself. You don't need to fight anybody but don't just sit there and take it.

You need an attitude change. You are only 15 and have your whole life in front of you. You can read all you want in the diet and training sections. There are alot of great people there to help you along. But, first you need to help yourself develop a positive attitude. I'd start by reading some people's journals and see what they've done for themselves. Maybe Pylon's and GG's first journals to start. I'm sure some people can throw in other names here.

Good luck. It's all in your hands.

Number one thing bro is get off the computer and get moving. Computers are probably one of the main reasons we are over weight. instead of playing out side and involved in sports kids today come home and plop there ass in front of computer for hours on end and this creates a lack of exercise and obessity. Sitting around on the computer feeling sorry for your self is not going to solve any problem. If your weight problem is to the point where you can not function daily then you may need to seek counseling and take on lifestyle changes under medical supervision. I have no sympathy for people who complain about there weight because it is not like cancer something that can not be cured, but weight control can be. But I am not going to sit here and tell you to go and do it. YOU ARE THE ONE TO HAVE TO MAKE THAT CHOICE... People tend to forget that they can read all they want about diet and nutrition, but forget that there is also the mental aspect which has to be conquered first before that can even take place.

I was in your shoes but just the opposite I was a runt and used to get beat up every day for no reason and come home with bruises and had to explain to parents that I got them from gym class. You need to understand that it is not you that has a problem, but rather them. They are the one with issues having to make fun of someone else to make them feel good about them selves and its a pitty that they are to stupid to even realize it. They need to take a good strong look at themselves before passing judgements on others and once you realize this you can accomplish any thing !! When you sit down and think about it it truely make sense. The only person holding you back from succeeding is your self. You took the first step and admitted that you have a problem, now take the second step and seek help on achieving your goal. Do not feel bad about going to see a counselor if neccessary even some of the famous athletes seek counseling and in the end it will make you a better person. Check at your school to see if they provide assistance and don't be afraid to go no one will know its all confidential.

Last edited:
boilermaker said:
You need an attitude change. You are only 15 and have your whole life in front of you. You can read all you want in the diet and training sections. There are alot of great people there to help you along. But, first you need to help yourself develop a positive attitude. I'd start by reading some people's journals and see what they've done for themselves. Maybe Pylon's and GG's first journals to start. I'm sure some people can throw in other names here.

Good luck. It's all in your hands.

Here's a thread to read.
http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/showthread.php?t=54764

We all have problems, but then when we look around we see some have it worse yet still succeed.

Most have it worse, most.

Also, if you are not looking to help yourself, how can someone else help you. Most people have a food addiction. Who doesn't want to eat what they want and stay in good shape. Unfortunately this won't happen. If you care so much about what others' think, and were ready to make some changes, you would have done so. My recommendation is to find something you are good at and stick to it. Join a sport, maybe 2, that should help with the weight loss. Gain some confidence and then try to direct that confidence at losing weight.

TheOnlyWay said:
First let me begin with, Hi my name is Adam im 15 and im in 9th grade. Im 235lbs and only being 15 thats overweight. I dont like talking about my problems with people face to face so internet was my only choice.
I know I eat to much but its a habbit.. i eat when im feeling down or unwanted. Ive tried excersise but I dont do it long enough to have any effect.
i need help bad im afraid of getting some disease :( I have no friends to hang out with..so instead i sit on the comp and play games all day.

I need help
-Adam

Isn't it said that the first step to helping oneself to to admit there is a problem and to admit one needs help. The next is taking the actions to correct the problem or getting out to get the help. This kid has admitted to problems and has asked for help even if it from strangers so the least we can do is help and support him. Others have offered suggestions and I'm going to toss in another....try something as simple as just walking around the block or neighborhood for 30 minutes a day. Exercise doesn't have to be hard and doesn't always require a gym or equipment to get started.

Number one thing... get your diet under control. This means you are going to have to tell your parents that for supper, they can not order pizza or McDonalds or buy soda and expect you to eat it anymore. They have to be in the loop on this since they are probably feeding you.

Measure everything you eat and look up the calories on www.calorieking.com and record it. I mean everything, everyday. No soda, no candy, no pizza, no fast food, no diet food. Eat chicken breasts, eggs, whole wheat grains, fruits and vegetables. Look up the calories of everything you eat before you eat it. If it has 350+ calories... you should probably not be eating it. Have 5-6 small meals a day. Then every night when you know exactly what you ate, post it here in a journal.

What is a normal days food for you? I bet it is a lot of the bad things. At 15 you should be burning calories like crazy, which means you are probably consuming a lot. Without candy, junk food and other high calorie crap like fast food, it should almost be impossible for a 15 year old boy to be overweight.

I also can't stress enough... you have to talk to your parents about this. This is a life change that you need. Without their help, it is going to be very difficult or impossible to stick to this diet. Also, getting the courage to stand up for yourself and talk openly about this to your parents will empower you. It will do a lot to increase your self confidence and just telling them what your new diet is going to be like will make you feel better about yourself. This includes discussing with them the problems it is causing in your life and the reasons why you have been skipping school. If that is too difficult for you, start by printing out this thread and giving it to them... it really needs to be done.

If you aren't willing to put in the work to talk this out with them or willing to do all the measuring and calculating it is going to take, then you aren't serious enough about changing your life.

IML Gear Cream!
If you just sit there and take it you will fail yourself. You will miss the greatest experience in your life and that is the feeling of trying to change what you can change and achieving success. One lesson in life you must learn is that the only person that matters is you and what you do with your chances. I have a son that went through the same thing. He was 6'1" and weighed 250lbs. when he was 14. I showed him what weight lifting and cardio could do for him. I also taught him that patience was a necessity in this endeavor and the results would start showing up in three months if he was dedicated to his goal. After two years he was 6'2" and weighed 195. No one is born to fail, however it is up to you to not choose that path.

Thanks, I havnt yet had the courage to talk to my parents about it but I have started making changes...im gonna cut back on what I eat and eat healthy. Im gonna be doing everyday work outs. Look back later ill be posting on how im doing ^^ thanks again

TheOnlyWay said:
Thanks, I havnt yet had the courage to talk to my parents about it but I have started making changes...im gonna cut back on what I eat and eat healthy. Im gonna be doing everyday work outs. Look back later ill be posting on how im doing ^^ thanks again

Are you going to be measuring your food and posting exactly what you ate? Are you going to record it into www.fitday.com?

TheOnlyWay said:

Post your workout plan and a daily log of your workouts too.

TheOnlyWay said:

Honestly, get up the courage to talk to them about it. You will thank yourself. You are skipping school and avoiding parents because of low self esteem. You need to start standing up for yourself and developing a positive self worth. If you cannot bring yourself to talk to them, just print out this thread and give it to them, or leave it on their desk or something. You need to work on your self esteem as much as you need to change your diet and work out habits. Talk to them, you will feel stronger for doing it.

This is a really hard age. At the time, when I was 15 years old, I was about a foot shorter, and had 10% more bodyfat, and was about 5 times weaker. I remeber being picked on in 9th grade. The funny thing is, high school is not the end of your life, hell it is not even the begnining. Your not even an adult, and I can look back, and I'm probably not even a fully fledged adult now.

Things can and will change, but it is up to you. You have to want something bad enough to change it. Depression sucks because it keeps you from wanting it.

It's funny, about a month ago I saw a guy who used to pick on me in 9th grade. Now I'm about 6 inches taller, probably twice as strong as him, not to mention my Jiu Jitsu experience. The guy took one look at me and left the party. I'm easy going, but I think he knew that I would totally own his soul so badly people would be picking peices of his ass up for the next decade if he fucked with me. :thumb:

The moral of the story is, times are tough when you are young, some people are lucky enough to be fit, etc. These "lucky" people, I would probably destroy like little bitches now. Thats not really the point though, I have alot of friends now, I have always had friends. You need friends. I like games even now, you can still play games. Do not play them everyday. Do not play them for more than an hour at a time. Get your diet right. Don't worry about cardio until you lose some more weight. Don't go on an extreme diet fad BS diet. Just eat 6 small healthy meals a day. Healthy does not mean it has to taste bad. Healthy does not mean you have to cut out fat, you need fat, good fat. Eat organic foods. Fuck, I know its hard at this age... It is something you have to struggle through.

Good Luck. :)

P.S. Your chest pains are probably indigestion.

Yo man dont worry about the sweating thing. Im 15 too, 5'10+ asian male and i put out like 210-215 pounds. I sweat sometimes too, but no so much anymore, i started to do a lot more exercise and gain more muscle and the sweating aint even problem anymore really. For real though, keep your head up man, you got your whole life ahead of you. Get exercising, you gotta help yourself first before anyone can. Pretty soon you'll be a tough fuck and you can go find those kids who dissed you ;P

Yo and i know some guys who play football and theres one guy who's 6'0 320 pounds and weak as shit, but he dont let anyone talk shit about him. Its all about how you present yourself.

Adam,
As a parent I can tell you this. It would break my heart to know that my son was going through what you're going through. I would do everything in my power to help him. When I was 15, I had no idea that my parents were truely the only ones in the whole world who would lay their lives down for mine without hesitation. They could have told me that until they were blue in the face but until I became a parent myself, I did not unerstand or believe them.

You have got to give them a cut on this. As stated above they are buying your groceries, so they can help get you on a better regulated food plan. Maybe even hook you up with a trainer or nutritionalist. Give them a chance to help. Don't be an island. We all need help now and then... all of us. And more so when we're younger. They are your greatest ally, but they aren't mind readers. Give them a chance to help.

Dont worry about how much you can do at first

Start as slow as you need to just, most importantly, stay consistent and true to a progresive program. Do that and you cant fail.

TheOnlyWay said:
...im gonna cut back on what I eat and eat healthy. Im gonna be doing everyday work outs.
You need to start by making healthier food choices. Whatever you do, donot starve yourself to loose weight. Clean food choices are the best with lots of fruits and veggies. It is not so easy to overeat a lot on clean food. Dont go crazy with working out. Start slowly and stick to it. Meanwhile, read a lot (in the diet and traning sections) as pointed out, to educate yourself.

IML Gear Cream!
I was in the same boat as you during my high school years man. I was short, fat, and not the best looking guy around. Only when I graduated did I decide to turn my life around and get into shape. I wish I could have done it sooner, I missed out on so much during high school because I was so shy to get involved with sports and etc. You are still very young and just starting out, work at it now, take these people's advice, they know what they are talking about.

Good luck out there. :thumb:

Dude should talk to my brother, Duncan. Sounds like his highschool problems. He was about 5'5 (short), fat, diabetic and basically unhealthy with the same self esteem issues.

He turned his life around through dedication, hardwork and God.

Now (with a little help from a growth spurt later in highschool), he is 6'1 225 and in great health.

You can do the same, but you have to show some initiative.

Set smaller achievable goals for your self at first. You'll develop a better understanding about just how strong you really are mentally as you see your self complete the tasks you set.

Increase the demands you set for your self as you get into the groove and feel your body respond. Most people don't see the improvement in their bodies for weeks at a time ... but you will feel it. Your energy levels, your confidence, and you physical agility will all increase long before your physique begins to respond. By then training will have become an addiction. Not training will be like not breathing.

Enjoy the journey bro ...

Hey Adam I think it is awesome that you had the inner strength to admit you have a problem and ask for help. That is a necessary step and you took it. Now you've got alot of great friends on here who are giving you advice. Please take it and use it! Start right away. Please tell your parents and show them what you wrote here. They probably have no clue what is going on with you or why you are missing school, failing your grades, gaining weight or spending all your time on the computer. You've got to give them a chance to be part of the game plan. Go to a counselor at school and tell them too. That's their job you know. Don't be afraid to express how you feel inside. It is an important life's skill. As you can see, there of tons of people who would love to help you. But it is definitely up to you to actually do it! Don't let those other kids put you down and make you feel bad, ignore them. Don't fight with them, go to school and ignore them. They're idiots.
Good luck and will keep track of your progress.

Dude, it is awesome that you can admit that you have a problem. I remember how hard my highschool days were. I can't tell you anything that anyone else here hasn't already told you. First, you gotta say something to your parents, they are going to understand, trust me on that. Read the Training section and the Diet and Nutrition section, and don't be afraid to ask questions, even if you think they are stupid question ask, and don't worry about it if someone on the forums gives you a little hell, let it motivate you. Just read up and ask questions, there is always someone on here that will help you out. Just take that next step and keep us posted on your progress.

Good Luck :thumb:

Steele20 said:

Think he gave up...
hopefully not. maybe he's lurking and reading to figure things out. at any rate, i''m impressed with the responses/support he got in this thread and hope he's made some headway in the right direction. tough to be 15 and in this situation...

Number one, see a Dr. ASAP about that chest pain if you want to live.

Oh and I know someone said no fighting, but, I'm a strong supporter of the shut your mouth or I'll shut it for you foundation, some people don't wanna learn respect, but you gotta teach it to them anyway. Good luck to you.
--Jon

P.S. Oh, and watch the movie Fight Club, it's to die for (To Die For, also a fantastic Finnish band). I also play wayyyyyyyy to many video games, go starcraft! We should play sometime :O

Find a way to pick yourself up, because nobody else is going to do it for you (or they will give up if you dont eventually want to do it on your own). People will kick someone who is down, so get up, and stay up.

Light a fire under your ass and keep it hot. Good luck!

Mudge said:
Light a fire under your ass and keep it hot. Good luck!

I couldnt agree more! When I was 15 I weighed in about 225 or so. Then i joined wrestling and dropped about 60 pounds with out even thinking about it, find something athletic that you like to do, you can read about it on a computer all day long or you can just go out and do it.

Tell your parents, they will be able to help you more than you know!:thumb:

Back