NapsGear.net


i am wondering if my body will limit me from gaining any more inches?

Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    ct
    Posts
    4
    Rep Points
    10

    i am wondering if my body will limit me from gaining any more inches?






    is there a genetic limit to how big my muscles can get naturally?

    i like too think that i am a strong guy for my height and weight(5'7" 175lb)

    i rep 265lb on flat bench my arms are 16" in diameter my chest is 43" in diameter but i am not getting any bigger.

    i have been working out sense 9/01 very religiously i have tried alot of different work outs, supplement,and diets and still nothing

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    ihateschoolmt's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    5,632
    Rep Points
    138111922

    Yes there is a limit. Your arms are 16 inches in circumference, not diameter.

  3. #3
    Registered User


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    12,542
    Rep Points
    15370977

    Quote Originally Posted by justinb
    is there a genetic limit to how big my muscles can get naturally?

    i like too think that i am a strong guy for my height and weight(5'7" 175lb)

    i rep 265lb on flat bench my arms are 16" in diameter my chest is 43" in diameter but i am not getting any bigger.

    i have been working out sense 9/01 very religiously i have tried alot of different work outs, supplement,and diets and still nothing
    How big is your wrist.............most people cant build their cold upper arm more than 10 inches bigger than your wrist.....
    Some can but that is the top 5%
    I highly recommend all IronMagLabs supplements!
    www.ironmaglabs.com

  4. #4
    Fueled by Testosterone
    MODERATOR
    CowPimp's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Silver Spring, MD
    Posts
    15,929
    Rep Points
    16817091

    Do you count calories? If not, you better start.
    The only time it's bad to feel the burn is when you're peeing...

    CowPimp Likes Iron - My Journal
    1RM Videos

  5. #5
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    baja calif, Mexico
    Posts
    6,932
    Rep Points
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by ihateschoolmt
    Yes there is a limit. Your arms are 16 inches in circumference, not diameter.
    I question this and say no there's not. I believe with the proper diet and training you can keep growing.

  6. #6
    Go Bench...
    dAMvN's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    310
    Rep Points
    1450307

    Quote Originally Posted by Tough Old Man
    I question this and say no there's not. I believe with the proper diet and training you can keep growing.
    wrong. genetically everyone has a limit... its a proven fact.
    Age: 19

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    bigss75's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,136
    Rep Points
    5713156

    Quote Originally Posted by dAMvN
    wrong. genetically everyone has a limit... its a proven fact.
    Very few people actually hit their genetic limit. I think if your repping 265 you still have room to grow maybe if you were benching 400 it might be a different story

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER


    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    1,865
    Rep Points
    1054879

    Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules
    How big is your wrist.............most people cant build their cold upper arm more than 10 inches bigger than your wrist.....
    Some can but that is the top 5%

    That's interesting, means I'll never be able to get an upper arm bigger than 17.5". damn.

  9. #9
    Registered User


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    12,542
    Rep Points
    15370977

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick+
    That's interesting, means I'll never be able to get an upper arm bigger than 17.5". damn.
    You might................Its just that most cant...
    Thats cut and cold by the way................17.5 ripped on a guy 6 feet or less is big IMO.
    I highly recommend all IronMagLabs supplements!
    www.ironmaglabs.com

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER


    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    1,865
    Rep Points
    1054879

    Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules
    You might................Its just that most cant...
    Thats cut and cold by the way................17.5 ripped on a guy 6 feet or less is big IMO.
    I've not trained for 7 weeks , but have been doing a very tough physical job, not sleeping and eating enough etc. My arms have dropped to 15 1/4", that seems to be their 'natural' (???) level. Still an improvement on the 13" they were a long time ago.

    Oh well , packing about 150Kgs of weights+2bars in the car today, and driving them up there, to where I work. Had enough of a weightless existance...............

  11. #11
    Food is GOOD
    ELITE MEMBER
    tommyboy11's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    staten island, new yawk
    Posts
    199
    Rep Points
    188670

    i guess im in the 5% cause i have small ass wrists lol at 7 inches, yet my biceps are almost 19 inches now and my foreams are 14 inches, i think if you keep eating good and training hard yu should def be able to pack on size
    max bench: 395
    deadlift: 495
    squat:435
    weight:230
    bf: 16 %
    age: 25
    height: 6ft1

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    ihateschoolmt's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    5,632
    Rep Points
    138111922

    Quote Originally Posted by tommyboy11
    i guess im in the 5% cause i have small ass wrists lol at 7 inches, yet my biceps are almost 19 inches now and my foreams are 14 inches, i think if you keep eating good and training hard yu should def be able to pack on size
    See how big those are when you get down to about 200 pounds with 6% bodyfat.Probably still more than 17 but definitaly not 19.

  13. #13
    Registered User


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    12,542
    Rep Points
    15370977

    Quote Originally Posted by tommyboy11
    i guess im in the 5% cause i have small ass wrists lol at 7 inches, yet my biceps are almost 19 inches now and my foreams are 14 inches, i think if you keep eating good and training hard yu should def be able to pack on size
    19 cold..............and natural....and cut up
    I dont think so.

    Edit: I just looked at your pic.................not even close to 19
    I highly recommend all IronMagLabs supplements!
    www.ironmaglabs.com

  14. #14
    CRAPTASTIC!!!


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    idaho
    Posts
    88
    Rep Points
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Tough Old Man
    I question this and say no there's not. I believe with the proper diet and training you can keep growing.
    Do you just make this stuff up???? seriously............



    Yes your size is limited by your genetics. on the plus side most people can get decently big it is profesionaly big that is limited to gentics. Get a trainner and tell him to you want to push your physical limits.

    most peoples commitment Limit kicks in waaaaaaayyy before the physical limit. Get serious and get big
    Today I was inline at the grocery store and saw a magzine that said it had 44 shortcuts for getting big!!!! Holey moly my life has changed no more hardwork and dedication for me ther are shortcuts!!!!!!!

    http://stuorgs.uidaho.edu/~dhbike/pics/TRIKE.bmp

  15. #15
    Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Mudge's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    24,474
    Rep Points
    121800058

    Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules
    How big is your wrist.............most people cant build their cold upper arm more than 10 inches bigger than your wrist.....
    I never heard that statistic before, that would suck for me though.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    swordfish's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    500
    Rep Points
    2147558

    Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules
    You might................Its just that most cant...
    Thats cut and cold by the way................17.5 ripped on a guy 6 feet or less is big IMO.

    Agreed. 17.5 inches that is ALL NATURAL is gargantuan on someone 6 feet or more, ( I think thats what you meant to say as well foreman.)

  17. #17
    Go Bench...
    dAMvN's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    310
    Rep Points
    1450307

    Quote Originally Posted by tommyboy11
    my biceps are almost 19 inches now
    ... you r not even close to 17's and ur at 16% BF....

    perfect example of the kind of exaggeration we have on these boards. from benching over 300 to deadliftin 400+ at 16. its funny cuz ive seen ur kind at the gym... u guys r shit.
    Age: 19

  18. #18
    Functional Lifting = Life


    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,537
    Rep Points
    3146125






    Quote Originally Posted by dAMvN
    ... you r not even close to 17's and ur at 16% BF....

    perfect example of the kind of exaggeration we have on these boards. from benching over 300 to deadliftin 400+ at 16. its funny cuz ive seen ur kind at the gym... u guys r shit.
    I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you're talking about me with the deadlift. Give me one reason why I would lie on a forum...

    Really though, deadlifting over 400 is by no means unbelievable for someone at a BW of about 220. It's called hard work. I work for strength and that's what I get. My arms are only about 15" but I don't care because that's not part of my set of goals. Therefore, since my goals are completely revolving around strength, I am somewhat strong for my age.
    Push yourself. Enjoy yourself. Be yourself.
    Knowledge is power. Obsessed with functional strength. Journal

Similar Threads

  1. i was wondering if anyone could give me any tips on gaining weight
    By CHRIS in forum New Members Begin Here!
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-18-2014, 06:11 PM
  2. Full body workout for gaining mass?
    By buffed in forum Training
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 11-30-2012, 04:39 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-15-2005, 09:28 PM
  4. Full body workout for gaining mass
    By Toughenuff in forum Training
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-08-2005, 06:53 AM
  5. Body Wrapping...lose inches in an hour
    By I Are Baboon in forum Training
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-14-2004, 05:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->