• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Question about building and losing fat

tgreaves

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Not sure if this has been answer before but im new to this site..

I am a 5' 8" 237 pound male, 26 years old.. I want to both loose fat and bulk up and tone at the same time..

Im not sure how to go about doing this.. Right now I work out 3 days a week, I ride the Elipticle machine at a 75%-80% heartrate for an hour +/- 10 minutes when im there.. I have started eating healtier(no pizza, choclate, mozzarella sticks, ect)..

I was 251 pounds when I entered the gym 6 weeks ago and now am down to 237 pounds.. I am seeing thru measuring that my stomach and other areas are loosing fat pretty well.. I also see that I can see the muscle's on my body much better now..

In addition to the Elipticle I also lift weights using the weight machines.. On most machines(butterfly, chest press, incline chest press, dips) I am pyramiding 80-90-100 pounds in 12-10-8 reps.. The arm curls are my bad part and can only do 60-70 pounds in 12-10 reps..

I am not noticing that my muscle's arent getting any larger.. I know I need to eat more calories to bulk up but when trying to loose fat thats not the case..

Im not too worried about mass right now since fat loose is my main concern but I didnt know if I could do both at the same time..

Anyone have any suggestions for me.. Keep in mind, im new at this..

At this stage in the game, you should most likely be able to recomposition your body. When you are brand new to resistance training cutting fat and gaining muscle is a definite possibility.

First of all, for this to be most successful, you need to address your diet. Counting calories is a good idea; it is probably the biggest single determining factor in a successful diet no matter your goal. Figure out what your maintenance calories are by keeping track of what you eat for an entire week. Count up all the calories and divide that number by 7. That should be about your maintenance caloric intake per day. Replace your normal meals with smaller, more frequent, healthier meals. Head on over to the diet section and check out this guide to help you get started; read all the follow up posts too:

http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/showthread.php?t=21113

In terms of training, post us a typical training week for yourself including exercises, number of sets, repetition range, and cardio. We can help you put together a good program to help you achieve your goals.

Back