• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Canned Chicken staple?

r0dxx

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I make chicken alot on the grill, but I'm a very active person. I'm always out at the clubs and dont feel like cheating 3x a week and i prefer food over shakes most of the time for fullness reasons :)

Anyways I started to eat these

http://www.valleyfreshkitchen.com/products-chicken.php

5 oz cans of white chicken. Its in an easy open can and its 30g protein ingredients say white chicken, water, and salt. The sodium is pretty low aswell.

Is their any benefit of eating real grilled chicken vs. this? Usually I keep it in my car and when I get hungry when I'm out I go out to the car down the can, and eat my little bag of almonds i always bring.

I started to eat it alot at home too, due to just being tired of cooking soo much and how convient and fast it is. I throw it in rice, in pasta, or on ezekial bread.

I also notice the chicken is always pinkish...That kinda scares me, but I guess they have to have some regulations no? I mean I guess its not undercooked, well I sure hope not, but why is it pink? It's kinda weird I always notice that.

Then I just realized they have turkey also, and the nutrition facts are great also, is that ok aswell? I mean I dont understand why not everyone would use this stuff soo convienent and soo clean nutrition wise. Taste means nothing to me really...

Canned Chicken or food is one of the worst choices you can make

ForemanRules said:
Canned Chicken or food is one of the worst choices you can make

What?
:(

Why? Can you explain?

Why would you think canned food is better than fresh food?????
Additives, loss of nutrients, basically just shit.....
about a step above Fast food...

ForemanRules said:
Why would you think canned food is better than fresh food?????
Additives, loss of nutrients, basically just shit.....
about a step above Fast food...

Canned tuna would be bad then???
What other way can I get tuna?

Would the protein be lessed? or destroyed or w/e?
Cuz each can has about 30 grams.

myCATpowerlifts said:
Canned tuna would be bad then???
What other way can I get tuna?

Would the protein be lessed? or destroyed or w/e?
Cuz each can has about 30 grams.
canned tuna is fine but in small doses....
nothing beats fresh food................esp Organic

This is fine... People eat canned tuna all the time without a problem... And it is basically the same.

Of course fresh is best (same with tuna/fish) but canned is still going to get you that protein.

i eat canned chicken and tuna all the time due to me being in college and not having access to a kitchen. It still is protein.

ForemanRules said:
canned tuna is fine but in small doses....
nothing beats fresh food................esp Organic

Yeah, because we all have a million dollars to spend on organic foods, and 24 hours a day to cook them. :rolleyes:

BigDyl said:
Yeah, because we all have a million dollars to spend on organic foods, and 24 hours a day to cook them. :rolleyes:
canned food is shit...........and more expensive than fresh food most of the time.....
Go look at organic food...........its about the same price or slightly higher..
my health is worth the price..................keep eating that shit food buddy :thumb:

IML Gear Cream!
ForemanRules said:
canned food is shit...........and more expensive than fresh food most of the time.....
Go look at organic food...........its about the same price or slightly higher..
my health is worth the price..................keep eating that shit food buddy :thumb:

:rolleyes:

I still dont understand why it's shit food? I mean it might not be as good as nice chicken breast, but whats the big difference? The one I use is White Chicken, Salt, and Water. It might be high in sodium, but thats the only real flaw that I can determine and the price. It says on the webpage no additives, and seems pretty much just chicken.

Why did you say it's a step above fast food? What makes it so bad, do you have any proof? I mean their is people here with canned chicken in their diet everyday, I wonder how they look?

Some things preserve better than others. Tuna in a tin (can) is not bad, but chicken??? :twitch: Peaches preserve pretty well, but has anyone ever seen canned strawberries?

Better eat fresh stuff--- if you can afford it (or find it........)

r0dxx said:
I still dont understand why it's shit food? I mean it might not be as good as nice chicken breast, but whats the big difference? The one I use is White Chicken, Salt, and Water. It might be high in sodium, but thats the only real flaw that I can determine and the price. It says on the webpage no additives, and seems pretty much just chicken.

Why did you say it's a step above fast food? What makes it so bad, do you have any proof? I mean their is people here with canned chicken in their diet everyday, I wonder how they look?
eat that crap buddy :thumb:

Foreman seems to be a little overzealous on this topic. Canned food is not so bad. Fresh food is obviously better, but making a bodybuilding lifestyle work for you often means making concessions. I don't think sitting inside a can is something that typically denatures protein, so you should be getting all of the nutrition that the chicken has to offer.

ForemanRules said:
eat that crap buddy :thumb:

LOL I will, and i'll post pics of me at 6% bf at the end of this month. :eek:

Foreman, is canned chicken and tuna really that bad? As a college student, the fact of the matter is it's one of the only options I have. Is this canned chicken REALLY just a step below fast food? The ingredients did not make it seem that way. If we do not have access to organic food, are you recomending that we also do not eat that, even if it is the only way to get chicken/tuna into us?

Zac_Champigny said:
Foreman, is canned chicken and tuna really that bad? As a college student, the fact of the matter is it's one of the only options I have. Is this canned chicken REALLY just a step below fast food? The ingredients did not make it seem that way. If we do not have access to organic food, are you recomending that we also do not eat that, even if it is the only way to get chicken/tuna into us?
No.................but the title of this thread is " Canned Chicken staple?"
so using canned food at their staple of your diet is bad.......always try to eat fresh.................you can eat fast food all week and live........100,000's people do it every day in America.......But I thought the idea of this site was to look good, feel good and be healthy inside and out :confused:
so overzealous .........maybe............I just prefer to eat food that isn't soaked in hormones, dies and chemicals......................call me old fashioned.

Back