IronMag Research Chems


Big name BodyBuilders

Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Go Bench...
    dAMvN's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    310
    Rep Points
    1450307

    Big name BodyBuilders






    Did all these big name bodybuilders we know today, from the past and present... did they all take some sort of Steroids in there teen years?
    Age: 19

  2. #2
    Registered User


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    12,542
    Rep Points
    15370977

    All?????????????????
    no
    I highly recommend all IronMagLabs supplements!
    www.ironmaglabs.com

  3. #3
    Back from the dead
    gococksDJS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,003
    Rep Points
    12006946

    Quote Originally Posted by dAMvN
    Did all these big name bodybuilders we know today, from the past and present... did they all take some sort of Steroids in there teen years?
    In their teens? Probably not, but the pros use gear, no doubt.

  4. #4
    primeau
    lnvanry's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    4,276
    Rep Points
    54346477

    anything you hear about that is pure hearsay...I have "heard" that cutler has been on since he was 18.

  5. #5
    Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Mudge's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    24,470
    Rep Points
    121800058

    I wish I knew Bill Pearl's secrets.

  6. #6
    Go Bench...
    dAMvN's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    310
    Rep Points
    1450307

    so all these 200+ pound teen champions that we have today are not on gear?
    Age: 19

  7. #7
    Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER
    P-funk's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    31,713
    Rep Points
    15139848

    Quote Originally Posted by Mudge
    I wish I knew Bill Pearl's secrets.

    bill pearl was big into steroids too.

    he was a frggin hard worker though. dude was strong as hell too (back when BB'ers trained hard and were cool). Dr. Ken said that Pearl was pressing 405lbs behind the neck for reps standing up!!
    Optimum Sports Performance

    "In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

  8. #8
    Registered User


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    12,542
    Rep Points
    15370977

    Quote Originally Posted by dAMvN
    so all these 200+ pound teen champions that we have today are not on gear?
    about 98% of them are taking steroids
    I highly recommend all IronMagLabs supplements!
    www.ironmaglabs.com

  9. #9
    Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER
    P-funk's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    31,713
    Rep Points
    15139848

    Quote Originally Posted by dAMvN
    so all these 200+ pound teen champions that we have today are not on gear?

    I would say more of the teens in BBing today (especially the 200+lb champions) are on gear than in years past. they have a greater urge to rise to the top as quickly as possible......


    ....."what burns twice as bright often burns twice as short."

    there are no short cuts in life.
    Optimum Sports Performance

    "In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

  10. #10
    Registered User


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    12,542
    Rep Points
    15370977

    Yep most of the great teen bodybuilding champs are just that....
    teen champs

    and they never become more than that
    I highly recommend all IronMagLabs supplements!
    www.ironmaglabs.com

  11. #11
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,279
    Rep Points
    1550989

    You can kindve see when bbs turned to gear if you can get photos/pics of them before and after. Again, its only speculation as only they know the truth, but you look at Arnie at 15-16 and hes not all that unique, just the typical white european teen, a year or so later he's made gains that are simply too great to be achieved in that short of time. Looka t Flex wheeler, he was a 98lb weakling, then he turned to bodybuilding and he was cut to ribbons but also skinny as they come. When you see him resume his bb hobby after sponsors etc prompted him to compete, size quickly followed.

  12. #12
    Registered User


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    12,542
    Rep Points
    15370977

    Quote Originally Posted by Mags
    You can kindve see when bbs turned to gear if you can get photos/pics of them before and after. Again, its only speculation as only they know the truth, but you look at Arnie at 15-16 and hes not all that unique, just the typical white european teen, a year or so later he's made gains that are simply too great to be achieved in that short of time. Looka t Flex wheeler, he was a 98lb weakling, then he turned to bodybuilding and he was cut to ribbons but also skinny as they come. When you see him resume his bb hobby after sponsors etc prompted him to compete, size quickly followed.
    I disagree with this statement.............I have hundreds of pics of Arnold and at 17 he looks about 10-15lbs bigger than the year before............big deal....no bloat nothing steroid looking at all....
    But at 18 and 19 he gets Huge!!!!
    Just a guess but at 18 he started jucing up.................all the pics before he is 18 look 100% natural to me.
    I highly recommend all IronMagLabs supplements!
    www.ironmaglabs.com

  13. #13
    Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER
    DOMS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    In a van, down by the river...
    Posts
    32,686
    Rep Points
    1862244849

    Quote Originally Posted by Mudge
    I wish I knew Bill Pearl's secrets.
    The man is my favorite bodybuilder:



    Here he is as an 'old man':



  14. #14
    Registered User


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    12,542
    Rep Points
    15370977

    Quote Originally Posted by cfs3
    The man is my favorite bodybuilder:



    Here he is as an 'old man':

    Bill is top 10 of all time in my book!!!
    This is my favorite pic of him.....it's 1967
    I highly recommend all IronMagLabs supplements!
    www.ironmaglabs.com

  15. #15
    Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER
    DOMS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    In a van, down by the river...
    Posts
    32,686
    Rep Points
    1862244849

    Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules
    Bill is top 10 of all time in my book!!!
    This is my favorite pic of him.....it's 1967
    Even when he was hitting a vacuum you could still see his six pack.


  16. #16
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    3,826
    Rep Points
    3426236

    Quote Originally Posted by Mags
    You can kindve see when bbs turned to gear if you can get photos/pics of them before and after. Again, its only speculation as only they know the truth, but you look at Arnie at 15-16 and hes not all that unique, just the typical white european teen, a year or so later he's made gains that are simply too great to be achieved in that short of time. Looka t Flex wheeler, he was a 98lb weakling, then he turned to bodybuilding and he was cut to ribbons but also skinny as they come. When you see him resume his bb hobby after sponsors etc prompted him to compete, size quickly followed.
    yeah, its pretty obvious in most of these guys, they are just another typical skinny teen, then BAM! a year later and they are HUGE..! Arnie was massive in his late teens! and i agree that flex had no size at all, very skinny, small frame, but soon as he hit the juice he blew up!

    this from his book..
    Now would probably be a good time to tell you that I went from 140 to 170 pounds in a few weeks. Over the next several months, I kept going-until I was 300 pounds.

  17. #17
    Back from the dead
    gococksDJS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,003
    Rep Points
    12006946

    Quote Originally Posted by young d
    yeah, its pretty obvious in most of these guys, they are just another typical skinny teen, then BAM! a year later and they are HUGE..! Arnie was massive in his late teens! and i agree that flex had no size at all, very skinny, small frame, but soon as he hit the juice he blew up!

    this from his book..
    I don't totally agree with this. They may have looked like typical teens, but if 20 teens began using anabolics at age 17 or 18 or whatever, not all 20 could be pros. I bet not even 5 could be pros. Think about the guys that stand out in the sport, It's no doubt that they all use gear, but it's their superior genetics that makes them stand out in a pool of chemical experiments. Even at his heaviest, Flex had a tiny waist, small joints and deep muscle bellies, and that is completely genetic no matter how much gear you pump into him. Ronnie is massive and is capable of carrying an incredible amount of size with an incredibly wide and thick back. His drug use over the years has no doubt had an effect on his waistline, but it's his genetics that help him pack on such an incredible amount of muscle. A lot of people say that Lee Priest's chest is tiny in comparison to his incredibly huge arms, but what enables him to have such huge, thick arms and what cursed him with his (when compared to his arms) lagging chest? Genetics. The quality of the fuel you put into a Ferrari is not what makes it such a badass motherfuckin ride, it was built badass, the gas just lets us see the performance capabilities it posesses.

  18. #18
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    3,826
    Rep Points
    3426236

    Quote Originally Posted by gococksDJS
    I don't totally agree with this. They may have looked like typical teens, but if 20 teens began using anabolics at age 17 or 18 or whatever, not all 20 could be pros. I bet not even 5 could be pros. Think about the guys that stand out in the sport, It's no doubt that they all use gear, but it's their superior genetics that makes them stand out in a pool of chemical experiments. Even at his heaviest, Flex had a tiny waist, small joints and deep muscle bellies, and that is completely genetic no matter how much gear you pump into him. Ronnie is massive and is capable of carrying an incredible amount of size with an incredibly wide and thick back. His drug use over the years has no doubt had an effect on his waistline, but it's his genetics that help him pack on such an incredible amount of muscle. A lot of people say that Lee Priest's chest is tiny in comparison to his incredibly huge arms, but what enables him to have such huge, thick arms and what cursed him with his (when compared to his arms) lagging chest? Genetics. The quality of the fuel you put into a Ferrari is not what makes it such a badass motherfuckin ride, it was built badass, the gas just lets us see the performance capabilities it posesses.
    oh yeah genetics play a huge role, wasn't trying to dismiss that, but for a lot of these guys the gear plays a huge role too IMO

  19. #19
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,279
    Rep Points
    1550989

    Quote Originally Posted by young d
    oh yeah genetics play a huge role, wasn't trying to dismiss that, but for a lot of these guys the gear plays a huge role too IMO
    Yeah, this is true. Even when flex was a teen and competed (16 etc) he was skinny but he was still proper ripped and at least had shape and definition if no size at all. Most kids round here (UK) that are that age are just fat or thin, no real shape to them, whether they train or not. I understand that training for a start will optimize natural genetics, and yes most athletes do have great genetics (flex being one of them) but thats mostly regarding shape and structure,not growth and development. Good genetics or not, Flex,Arnold, Ronnie etc would have never reached weights/mass like they did without what I believe were larger amounts of gear. Gear doesn't do the workfor you as that takes away the credit bb's deserve but it is a dependable factor.

  20. #20
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,279
    Rep Points
    1550989






    Quote Originally Posted by gococksDJS
    . The quality of the fuel you put into a Ferrari is not what makes it such a badass motherfuckin ride, it was built badass, the gas just lets us see the performance capabilities it posesses.
    You put regular petrol in a ferrari sure, but wing in aload of nitrous oxide or rocket fuel (and apart from blowing to bits) Im guessing that would improve performance,haha. Nah, I see what ya saying. I agree gear lets genetically gifted people reach their potential but still know that their overall physiques would not be whatthey were without juice. peace.

Similar Threads

  1. Top 10 best bodybuilders ever?
    By Stevens in forum Bodybuilding Gossip
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 10-12-2010, 07:56 PM
  2. Bodybuilders
    By Prince in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 10:22 AM
  3. why do bodybuilders....
    By Bazooka Tooth in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-24-2006, 03:14 PM
  4. Why do bodybuilders tan?
    By Brak86 in forum Bodybuilding Gossip
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-20-2004, 07:00 PM
  5. pro bodybuilders and gut
    By hustler11 in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-24-2003, 10:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
DISABLED END -->