• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Tips on increasing my bench press

Rock405

Never quit
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi, I haven't hit a stump or anything, i'm just looking for some extra tips on how to increase my bench. Right now, i can bench 315 for 6 reps (by myself). And 325 for two reps. I guess, i'm looking for tips on excersizes , besides chest excersizes, that i can do that will help improve my bench.

thanks

what is your workout now?

for chest?

I do flat bench, incline bench, and incline dumbell presses.

I won't be a bullshitter this time however, give this a go!

Here is a program that allowed me too increase my bench by 50lbs in 1 month!

Warmup: 30 Pushups( quickly)

3x8 Dips( Full Range)

Workout: Bench Press: 5 reps for control
5 reps too 85% Failure
3x3 too 95% Failure on each set
2x2 too 95% Failure on each set, but heavier weight
1 RPM, don't bouch but try anyway to get it up!

Recuperation: 10 minutes

DB Press: 2x10 too 80% Failure
2x6 too 90% Failure
2x3 too 100% Failure

Looks like a crappy program. If I'm going to max I do as many warmups as required nowhere near failure, and I go for my max.

If you can do 315x6 you should be able to get 325 for more than two reps, unless you mean your second set or something in which case you are just tired. If that is fresh, then you need to train heavier, doubles/tripples for a couple weeks. 5 reps or less though requires mixing things up to keep the CNS from reaching a point where your lifts actually drop.

Find any weak points and eliminate them. When I was training heavy for flat bench I would do 3-4 working sets of flat bench and roughly 2 for incline, no fly movements or additional dumbell movements, then heavy triceps work like close grips and so on.

Have you tried a 1RM recently? If so, where does the bar get stuck or slow down the most?

take 10 days off from benching. and squat :thumb:

Mudge said:
Looks like a crappy program. If I'm going to max I do as many warmups as required nowhere near failure, and I go for my max.

If you can do 315x6 you should be able to get 325 for more than two reps, unless you mean your second set or something in which case you are just tired. If that is fresh, then you need to train heavier, doubles/tripples for a couple weeks. 5 reps or less though requires mixing things up to keep the CNS from reaching a point where your lifts actually drop.

Find any weak points and eliminate them. When I was training heavy for flat bench I would do 3-4 working sets of flat bench and roughly 2 for incline, no fly movements or additional dumbell movements, then heavy triceps work like close grips and so on.

i don't even count warm-up sets towards my workout. and yeah, i did the 325 two times right after doing the 315 for 6 reps.

Lee Delroy said:
I won't be a bullshitter this time however, give this a go!

Here is a program that allowed me too increase my bench by 50lbs in 1 month!

Warmup: 30 Pushups( quickly)

3x8 Dips( Full Range)

Workout: Bench Press: 5 reps for control
5 reps too 85% Failure
3x3 too 95% Failure on each set
2x2 too 95% Failure on each set, but heavier weight
1 RPM, don't bouch but try anyway to get it up!

Recuperation: 10 minutes

DB Press: 2x10 too 80% Failure
2x6 too 90% Failure
2x3 too 100% Failure

that is one shitty workout

IML Gear Cream!
Rock405 said:
for chest?

I do flat bench, incline bench, and incline dumbell presses.
ummmmmmmmmmm
sets, reps, weight each set, frequency
give us something to work with here.

Rock405 said:
Hi, I haven't hit a stump or anything, i'm just looking for some extra tips on how to increase my bench. Right now, i can bench 315 for 6 reps (by myself). And 325 for two reps. I guess, i'm looking for tips on excersizes , besides chest excersizes, that i can do that will help improve my bench.

thanks
Workout your lats

what god hand said.....

and i seen another guy doing this at the gym the other day, been thinking about trying it.......

he had 2 elastic bands sorta like those working arobic bands but they were like big rubber bands.
he put 2 45's on the bar (BP)......... got 2 95-100lb DB's, set them on the floor under the barbell, along side the bench (on each side). put one end of the band around the DB, then the other end around the barbell where the weight was (on both sides).

and worked from there. the guy can max bench 420-425 but with this exercise he could only put it up for 7 reps and this was only 135lbs (includes bar) with bands wrapped around dumbbells. another guy tried it and could only put up 3 reps for 1 set...lol.
but the guy said it really helps him, he's more explosive now.

I would consider using bands, but I would think the price is unreasonably high for a piece of stretchy material, not to mention I wouldn't have somewhere to anchor the bands.

yeah, was wondering around how much they cost, im a ask next time i see him.

Back