NapsGear.net

Bulk for 5 days and then cut for 5 days...

Bulk for 5 days and then cut for 5 days...

I read somewhere here on IM that if you wanted to gain the most muscle mass and drop as much fat as possible you could go on a bulk/cutting cycle. Each would last 5 days. Obviously this isnt common so Id like to hear what you thought of it.

Rep Points

Here is the article, for people to understand what youre talking about.

http://www.ironmagazine.com/article166.html

Quote Originally Posted by Psch91
    Here is the article, for people to understand what youre talking about.

http://www.ironmagazine.com/article166.html
    Oh, thanks.

PS: On a totally unrelated note...How many people think doing a 1 RM is good for building strength? Some dude in my gym told me 4 reps is the lowest you should go if you dont want to waist your time.

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

anywhere from 1-4 rep sets is great for building strength.

It is good for buiklding strength in that rep range or increasing your 1RM I should say. It wont neccessarily lead to strength gains in the 8-12 rep range. However, gaining strength in the 8-12 rep range wont neccessarily lead to great maximal strength (it could but not always). So train to be strong in all rep ranges so that you are more well rounded.

Bulk/cut cycles would need more than just 5 days in the given cycle. Try several weeks.
    Optimum Sports Performance

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by P-funk
    Bulk/cut cycles would need more than just 5 days in the given cycle. Try several weeks.
    I agree as I see no logical reasoning behind bulking and cutting every five days.

Rep Points

I think the "logical" reason behind this is to keep the body guessing. Your diet changes, just as your body adapts (eg 5 days) you change again. I have read this but never tried it.

Fueled by Testosterone

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by CancerNV
    I read somewhere here on IM that if you wanted to gain the most muscle mass and drop as much fat as possible you could go on a bulk/cutting cycle. Each would last 5 days. Obviously this isnt common so Id like to hear what you thought of it.
    Perhaps there is some efficacy behind this method, but I think it's unecessary to switch it up this much. I understand the reasoning behind it, but if you want to prevent your body from adapting and progress tapering off then cycles of 3-5 weeks would probably be just as effective and not drive you insane.

PS: On a totally unrelated note...How many people think doing a 1 RM is good for building strength? Some dude in my gym told me 4 reps is the lowest you should go if you dont want to waist your time.
    Haha, don't tell that to a powerlifter. He will laugh at you. Nothing develops neurological efficiency like heavy lifting.
    The only time it's bad to feel the burn is when you're peeing...

CowPimp Likes Iron - My Journal
    1RM Videos

BUt< how are you going to keep the muscle you have earned during the bulking phase,if you have to eat a lot less calories than you did to gain it??????Wouldnt that result in loss of muscle mass???

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mista
    I think the "logical" reason behind this is to keep the body guessing. Your diet changes, just as your body adapts (eg 5 days) you change again. I have read this but never tried it.

right but you would need more then 5 days to actauly let your body adapt to a dietary change.
    Optimum Sports Performance

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

Rep Points

Anabolic Burst Cycle of Diet and Exercise, this was in Musclemag a few years ago, but they advocated 2 weeks bulk followed by 2 weeks cut.
    If sense were common, everyone would have it.

4/2007-Current 75th Ranked most popular image 1 spot behind Prince's bulge...

Check out my world famous Bob Loblaw's Law Blog at http://www.synergyhw.blogspot.com/...Just kidding, it's a health and wellness blog.

Ms. Olympia

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tough Old Man
    I agree as I see no logical reasoning behind bulking and cutting every five days.
    Doesn't it have something to do with metabolism manipulation? Kind of like refeeding?
    Ms. O...HERE I COME! (6 years...?)