25% Off Black Friday Sale

help me please....apparently my cut diet needs improvement...

Rep Points

help me please....apparently my cut diet needs improvement...

normal day

b- 1 egg, 4 whites, 1 cup oatmeal, fruit

l- tuna sandwich on whole wheat or multi grain, veggies, fruit

s- brown rice, fish/ chicken/ lean steak/ lean pork, veggies, fruit

shake post workout or at 10ish on days off- 1cup H2O, 1/2 cup tropicana, a few frozen strawberries, a bit of other fruit, 40g protein

if hungry in between or if i can't have a meal for a few hours will eat granola bars(s) or extra fruit

i use flax opil pills 3 times daily, multi V twice daily, green tea, EC/lipoderm stack

little pinch at bottom row of abs and a bit of flab at bottom of back is being a bit stubborn....yes, i do HIIT or basketball 4 days a week.
    "fuck it all, and fucking no regrets"

James Hetfield

Damage Inc.

Acting Normal...

Rep Points

Doesn't look to bad to me.. I would at least add another proper meal (4 meals a day + PWO shake) or else add 2 more meals (although you would need to decrease the size of your meals to make sure you still hit your calorie requirement).

Can't say anything about quantities and whether or not they would be appropriate for you because you do not give quantities, nor do you give any info about you.

A few comments:
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesegrater
    b- 1 egg, 4 whites, 1 cup oatmeal, fruit
    This is great. Depending on your size you may need more protein.

shake post workout or at 10ish on days off- 1cup H2O, 1/2 cup tropicana, a few frozen strawberries, a bit of other fruit, 40g protein
    Ok... What is tropicana? (Aussie here - I have no idea what it is!).

PWO you want a good mix of carbs an protein... If you are only relying on the fruit for your carbs you might want to add something else (eg: some skim milk, some thinkly rolled or ground oats etc).

If it is a non-workout day then you might want to do a home-made meal replacement shake - so something like protein powder, some oats, some fruit and some PB or healthy fats.

l- tuna sandwich on whole wheat or multi grain, veggies, fruit
    Great. You might want to add some healthy fats here -eg: add some avocao to your sandwich.

Make sure you get enough tuna and also make sure you are eating LOTS of vegetables.

Then add an afternoon meal before supper - so something with protein, vegetables, some healthy fats and some carbs if you want.

s- brown rice, fish/ chicken/ lean steak/ lean pork, veggies, fruit
    Not too bad... Might want to drop the fruit out of this meal if you are adding another afternoon meal. You should also add some healthy fats here (eg: some olive oil or nuts).

if hungry in between or if i can't have a meal for a few hours will eat granola bars(s) or extra fruit
    Just add a proper meal in the afternoon and you should not need to 'snack'.

i use flax opil pills 3 times daily, multi V twice daily, green tea, EC/lipoderm stack
    Drop the flax pills and replace it with 6g of fish oil capsules.
    Multi V - be careful of toxic levels of some of the substances in these... you might want to just stick with one and then either add some more Vit B and Vit C or just make sure you eat well.

Green tea is great! And drink lots of water (aim for ~3-4L a day as a good minimum).
    ~

Turtle Power!

Rep Points

hey cheese, drop the Tropicana pwo. By the way Emma, tropicana is a brand of orange juice. Fructose does not help to restore muscle glycogen, which is where you get your energy when working out. Have like 1c. oats or 1 c. milk and prot. powder and then maybe some fruit, but get a good amount of non fruit carbs first.

Rep Points

why drop the trop? it's pure OJ.......put dry oats in a shake? with milk (i don't digest milk well so i always use water) protein and say strawberries? would that thing even pour?

btw i'm 6'2, 180

James Hetfield

Damage Inc.

On a Mission!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I put 6 oz. skim milk, 1/2 cup oats, scoop of protein whey and 1/2 cup blueberries (or 1/2 bananna) in a blender. Let it blend for about 30 seconds and drink up. Its smooth and about half the consistancy of a milk shake. Maybe someone can suggest a replacement for the milk if you don't like it.

Rep Points

Juice is mostly sugar without the fiber you get from fruit... bad for cutting

Turtle Power!

Rep Points

Being just juice has nothing to do w/ it. Fructose doesn't go towards refilling muscle glycogen only liver glycogen. You use up your muscle glycogen when working out and the purpose of getting carbs pwo is the refill your mus. gly. stores.

Acting Normal...

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by cheesegrater
    why drop the trop? it's pure OJ.......put dry oats in a shake? with milk (i don't digest milk well so i always use water) protein and say strawberries? would that thing even pour?

btw i'm 6'2, 180

Fruit DOES go to more than just your liver (fruit is not just fructose - it has glucose, sucrose and other carbs in it too... Plus, if your body needs it, then the fructose that is in the fruit is converted to glucose in your liver and this is released into your blood where it can/is taken up for your mucles).

But I agree that you want more than just fruit carbs arfter a workout.

So what about:
    Skim milk (if you can manage it - if not, use 100% natural fat-free yoghurt. Something with lots of cultures in it - the bacteria pre-digest the carbs in the yoghurt so people who can not drink milk are usually ok with this)
    whey
    banana

Then add another carb source such as thinly ground oats or, if you wanted, you could use something like dextrose powder (but I am all for real food!).
    ~

Rep Points

would the oats shake work later at night too? before 10 if i can.....

James Hetfield

Damage Inc.

Rep Points

actually, how about one of you people that knows this shit set me up a meal plan for the last month of my cut around what i already do and what i do wrong....i'd be very grateful (btw i bought fish oil pills today so ya already got me on one of em)

thing is i do the school thing so it's kinda hard to eat every 2 hours and impossible to take shakes to school....i work out at school in between my breaks and buy a jugo juice protein shake (water, raspberries and 44g protein i believe.....tastes good not all that fulfilling tho) afterwards.

monday wednesday friday i have school at noon, only one class, so anything can be done those days.....i only lift mondays, play bball wed or mon.......tuesday, thursday i get on the train at 8:30am, class til 10:45, break til 2pm so i lift both days in between, then more class from 2-4:45, home by 6 or so.......so any meals have to be things i can take with me on those 2 days, which is why tuna sandwiches come in handy

thanx in advance......i'll post results pics mid november or so.....

James Hetfield

Damage Inc.