My goals for this are mainly strength, but still a bit of mass. I'm not going to eat heaps, because I'm not that keen to get that big. I'm seeing good gains, both muscle and fat wise with my current diet, so I'm sticking with it.
Using various sources on the web, the most helpful being elitefts.com, I've come up with this plan:
Monday Dynamic Bench
• Dynamic Exercise – Flat bench 8 sets of 3 55% of raw 1RM. 60 secs rest approx
• Triceps - high intensity/low volume – rack lockouts 3 sets
• Shoulders - high stress military presses 3x8
• Lats/Upper Back - low intensity, high volume a row 3x10
Wenesday Max Effort Lower
• Squat (box) 3 lifts at or above 90%- work up too it.
• Hamstrings – low stress SLD 3 sets of 8
• Low Back – low stress hyperextensions 3 sets of 8
• Abs – rainbows 4 x 12
• Calves - Calf Raises 3 x 8
Friday Max Effort Bench
• Max Effort Exercise - Wide Grip Benches. On max effort bench press day, work to a 1RM. 1RM for THAT day, you will try to do 3 lifts at or above 90% work up to it.
• Triceps - low intensity/high volume – CG bench 3 sets of 8
• Shoulders - low stress front raises, side raises and rear raises 3 sets of 8
• Lats/Upper Back - low intensity, high volume a pull-up 3 sets max
• Biceps – two sets BB curls
• Grip – forearm wheel 2 sets
Sunday Dynamic Lower
• Dynamic Squat - parallel box wide stance Week 1 – 10x2 @ 50% Week 2 – 10x2 @ 55% Week 3 – 10x2 @ 60% (repeat) 60 sec rest
• Dynamic Standard Deadlift - Week 1 – 10x1 @ 50% Week 2 – 10x1 @ 55% Week 3 – 10x1 @ 60% (repeat) 60 sec rest
• Hamstrings - high stress good mornings 4 sets of 8
• Low Back – high stress good mornings
• Abs – leg raises 4 sets
All dynamic work must be as DYNAMIC. Focus on speed, not weight
Max effort work must fall within 3-5 lifts at or above 90% of that day. If you go below this, you are not getting the benefit of max effort training
Don’t go to failure.
Here are my stats at the start:
Weight - 85kg 187lb
Age - 17 (lifting for 1 year)
Bench – 87kg 191lb (calculator)
Dead – 160kg 352lb (calculator)
Squat – 132kg 291lb (calclator)
Got my first workout tomorrow, dynamic lower. Really looking foward to it.
My supps at the moment are whey, multi, flaxseed oil and creatine. Whey is taken post workout and in the morning. Multi , flaxseed and creatine (5g) in the morning if not working out, or 5g pre and post workout.