NapsGear.net

Help Needed

Thread: Help Needed

Founder of GOSB
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Help Needed

I am looking for some old threads, where GP and others are discussing isolating upper and lower chest. The sticky we have is good, but I remember the old thread having some technical points in it that I am looking to print for a friend of mine here in the office. I have tried to convince him that isolation is a myth and he refuses to believe me and I want to print the sticky and several other threads for him to read. If you know where any old threads on this topic are, please post. Thanks.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

Here is a good read for you naysayers...

Myth # 4. Wide grip works the outer pec and narrow grip the inner pec.
    The typical belief is that the wider the hands the more you will hit the outer pec and the narrower grip will hit the inner pec. Well there is a major problem here. The Pectoralis Major has two portions a lower, the sternocostal head and an upper, the clavicular head. There are no inner and outer pecs anatomically speaking. Let me define a narrow and wide grip. In two separate studies, researchers determined narrow grip as the distance between your acromion processes (slide you hand down your trap and the bony bump you hit is the acromion). They then applied this measurement to the hand spacing (distance between index fingers) on the bar. Wide grip was two times the narrow grip distance. Both groups of researchers found that grips that were 1.65 to 2 times their narrow grip were the most effective strength wise. The way you can determine your grip is to measure the distance between your acromion processes. Now measure the distance between your index fingers when you bench. Divide the bench distance by the acromion distance and if your number is between 1.65 and 2.00 you are in an optimal position (Clemons, J. & Aaron, C, 1997; Wagner, et. al, 1992). In the research, the activation of the upper and lower portions of the pec muscle are affected by different hand spacing. In one study it was found that the wider grip placed more stress on the sternocostal head than the narrow grip. The narrow grip seemed to activate the clavicular head more effectively then a wide grip. The narrow grip also activated the triceps more than the wide (Barnett, Kippers & Turner, 1995).
    If sense were common, everyone would have it.

4/2007-Current 75th Ranked most popular image 1 spot behind Prince's bulge...

Check out my world famous Bob Loblaw's Law Blog at http://www.synergyhw.blogspot.com/...Just kidding, it's a health and wellness blog.

Founder of GOSB
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Thanks buckwheat!

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

P-side Inc.

"the post-workout high is more profound than any drug-induced rush imaginable." -Dante B.

Registered Abuser

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by PreMier
    That's the one he was looking for I think...i remember that thread.

Founder of GOSB
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

No that is not the one. The one I was looking for is several years old. I'm not even sure if it is still in the database. I have searched but cannot find it. Maybe I'm not searching the right words?

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by dg806
    No that is not the one. The one I was looking for is several years old. I'm not even sure if it is still in the database. I have searched but cannot find it. Maybe I'm not searching the right words?

yea, if I were looking for a thred on the upper chest on this site I would search for words or phrases like:

fuck you
    asshole
    piece of shit
    dick head
    stupid mother fucker

those seem to be those most popular when that debate arises.
    Optimum Sports Performance

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

Follow @TheUnzippedFly

Rep Points

http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/sh...t=37986&page=1

This is a really good one, probably the one you were looking for..
    Age: 22 | Height: 5'8" | Weight: 150 lbs | Penis: 12 inches

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by P-funk
    yea, if I were looking for a thred on the upper chest on this site I would search for words or phrases like:

fuck you
    asshole
    piece of shit
    dick head
    stupid mother fucker

Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules
    I will not kill innocents.

End of the world
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Funky has been taking his funny pills.

cooking up a storm
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by soxmuscle
    http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/sh...t=37986&page=1

This is a really good one, probably the one you were looking for..
    yeah the bit where johnny starts talking about cleavage is classic

Rep Points

fuck you
    asshole
    piece of shit
    dick head
    stupid mother fucker

Again Patrick has all the correct answeres

Founder of GOSB
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

fuck you
    asshole
    piece of shit
    dick head
    stupid mother fucker

Very true. This one I think had Gopro, Chicken Daddy and some Wbb guys. Yeah I know, why do I want that. It's classic though, if I remember correctly.
    I'm guessing it's gone now.

Fueled by Testosterone

Rep Points

fuck you
    asshole
    piece of shit
    dick head
    stupid mother fucker

Hahaha. I actually did laugh out loud at this a little.
    The only time it's bad to feel the burn is when you're peeing...

CowPimp Likes Iron - My Journal
    1RM Videos