• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Help Needed

ZECH

Founder of GOSB
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I am looking for some old threads, where GP and others are discussing isolating upper and lower chest. The sticky we have is good, but I remember the old thread having some technical points in it that I am looking to print for a friend of mine here in the office. I have tried to convince him that isolation is a myth and he refuses to believe me and I want to print the sticky and several other threads for him to read. If you know where any old threads on this topic are, please post. Thanks.

Here is a good read for you naysayers...

Myth # 4. Wide grip works the outer pec and narrow grip the inner pec.
The typical belief is that the wider the hands the more you will hit the outer pec and the narrower grip will hit the inner pec. Well there is a major problem here. The Pectoralis Major has two portions a lower, the sternocostal head and an upper, the clavicular head. There are no inner and outer pecs anatomically speaking. Let me define a narrow and wide grip. In two separate studies, researchers determined narrow grip as the distance between your acromion processes (slide you hand down your trap and the bony bump you hit is the acromion). They then applied this measurement to the hand spacing (distance between index fingers) on the bar. Wide grip was two times the narrow grip distance. Both groups of researchers found that grips that were 1.65 to 2 times their narrow grip were the most effective strength wise. The way you can determine your grip is to measure the distance between your acromion processes. Now measure the distance between your index fingers when you bench. Divide the bench distance by the acromion distance and if your number is between 1.65 and 2.00 you are in an optimal position (Clemons, J. & Aaron, C, 1997; Wagner, et. al, 1992). In the research, the activation of the upper and lower portions of the pec muscle are affected by different hand spacing. In one study it was found that the wider grip placed more stress on the sternocostal head than the narrow grip. The narrow grip seemed to activate the clavicular head more effectively then a wide grip. The narrow grip also activated the triceps more than the wide (Barnett, Kippers & Turner, 1995).

Thanks buckwheat!

No that is not the one. The one I was looking for is several years old. I'm not even sure if it is still in the database. I have searched but cannot find it. Maybe I'm not searching the right words?

dg806 said:
No that is not the one. The one I was looking for is several years old. I'm not even sure if it is still in the database. I have searched but cannot find it. Maybe I'm not searching the right words?

yea, if I were looking for a thred on the upper chest on this site I would search for words or phrases like:

fuck you
asshole
piece of shit
dick head
stupid mother fucker

those seem to be those most popular when that debate arises.

P-funk said:
yea, if I were looking for a thred on the upper chest on this site I would search for words or phrases like:

fuck you
asshole
piece of shit
dick head
stupid mother fucker

:rofl:

P-funk said:

fuck you
asshole
piece of shit
dick head
stupid mother fucker

Again Patrick has all the correct answeres

P-funk said:

fuck you
asshole
piece of shit
dick head
stupid mother fucker

Very true. This one I think had Gopro, Chicken Daddy and some Wbb guys. Yeah I know, why do I want that. It's classic though, if I remember correctly.
I'm guessing it's gone now.

P-funk said:

fuck you
asshole
piece of shit
dick head
stupid mother fucker

Hahaha. I actually did laugh out loud at this a little.

Back