• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Healthy Cookies???

W8Lady

It's all or nuttin!!!
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ok....so I screwed up on breakfast...lol....I just made these cookies, want to know what ya'll think...fat is a lil high I think....but would it be ok to have one on the run for a snack....pretty tasty for something I consider "healthy", crispy on the outside, chewy in the middle....If not good for me...will feed to my kidlets...will be good treats for them.

Peanut Butter Trail Mix Cookies

2 c oatmeal
1/2 c splenda
1/2 c Non hydrogenated Marg. with Omega 3
1/2 Organic Peanut Butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 whole wheat flour
2 scoops of whey protein powder (choc or van)
2/3 c Organic Applesauce
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 c trail mix

Preheat to 350
Cream sugar, vanilla, marg, peanut butter and apple sauce
mix all dry ingredients together then add to moist mixture
stir in 1c trail mix, drop by teaspoon. Makes 30 cookies

Per Cookie

Cals 108.32
Fat 5.36
Carb 10.62
Protein 4.82

W8Lady said:
Peanut Butter Trail Mix Cookies

2 c oatmeal
1/2 c splenda
1/2 c Non hydrogenated Marg. with Omega 3
1/2 Organic Peanut Butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 whole wheat flour
2 scoops of whey protein powder (choc or van)
2/3 c Organic Applesauce
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 c trail mix

Preheat to 350
Cream sugar, vanilla, marg, peanut butter and apple sauce
mix all dry ingredients together then add to moist mixture
stir in 1c trail mix, drop by teaspoon. Makes 30 cookies

Per Cookie

Cals 108.32
Fat 5.36
Carb 10.62
Protein 4.82
Don't look too bad but you do not need that 0.5 cups of margarine in them - not with the applesauce and PB in them. So take that out and they would be fine.

If they come out a little dry you could also take out a little PB and add in 0.5 tbs of olive oil instead.

You could also, if you wanted to make it even better, replace the flour with oat bran.

Thanks Emma, Im just trying to find some quick fix's. I will modify the next batch and see how they are....stuff like this I can throw in the diaper bag when im on the run and no time to eat.....also, what if I up'd the protein powder, give each cookie more protein, less fat. How many cookies would that take to make a quick and healthy meal on the run?

I wouldn't go upping the prot. too much. Too much protein in baked goods causes them to be tough and dry.

W8Lady said:
Thanks Emma, Im just trying to find some quick fix's. I will modify the next batch and see how they are....stuff like this I can throw in the diaper bag when im on the run and no time to eat.....also, what if I up'd the protein powder, give each cookie more protein, less fat. How many cookies would that take to make a quick and healthy meal on the run?
You could add some more protein if you wanted - although, as it was said, too much whey will dry the recipe out. You could bake with a soy protein isolate instead of whey - as this tends to be less drying.

You could also add something like cottage cheese or 2 egg whites to increase the protein as well. A little skim milk powder or some natural ff/sf yoghurt would also be fine.

If you do a search you may also find some good recipes on the boards for protein-bars which may be easier than cookies.

As for how many you would need?? Well - that depends on what you needed at that time - as well as your weight/height etc etc!!

But if you got the recipe out some each cookie was something like:
120 cals
13-15g carbs
8-10g protein
2-4g fat

Then three cookies would be a pretty good meal size.

Ok - so I was looking through some recipes and I found these:

Apple Butter-peanut Butter Cookies
1 cup applesauce (no sugar)
1/2 cup natural style chunky peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup non-fat powdered milk
3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins

Makes 22 cookies for:
Calories 95
Total Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 14.5g
Dietary Fiber 1.3g
Protein 3.6g

So - if you added 3 scoops pp (~330 cals and 75g protein) and 1 whole egg + 2 whites (~ 110 cals, 14g protein, 5g fat) then that brings each cookie to:
115 cals
~3-3.5g fat
~15g carbs
~7.5-8g protein

I don't know what the recipe would turn out like - but you could give it a try and see... :)

Back