• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Hockey!!!!!!!!

ALBOB

IDIOT SAVANT
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Where the hell are all the hockey fans around here??? Go Flyers!!! How did your team do at the trade deadline??? Go Flyers!!! Are you gonna make the play-offs??? Go Flyers!!! Which coach is the biggest a$$hole??? Go Flyers!!! Who's gonna win the cup this year??? Scratch that. Who's gonna lose to the Flyers in the Cup finals??? Go Flyers!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

May as well break it to you softly
:barf:
FLYERS SUCK!!!!!!!!!
Was that soft enough?:D

Your brain's what's soft if you really believe that crap. :finger:

Well they were good until they got rid of Lindros.

Boy you say that name again and I'll reach through this monitor and rip your heart out!!!:fire:

Premeau, Roenick, Leclaire, Oats just to name a few...............The Legion of Doom is alive and kicking a$$ all over the league. :thumb:

Na, I say Lindros could beat any of them in skill or contact.

WHAT??? Are you out of your MIND ??? He's lived his entire hockey life on his size alone. Contact? Maybe, but SKILL??? Not on this side of hell.

:laugh: Man are you ever a twit, I don't care much for Lindro's either. I just remember a few months ago in one of your replies that you stated you really hate Lindros. Thought I'd have a little fun with ya:D, guess it worked:evil:

**Pant** **Pant** **Gasp** **Pant** You little $hit!!! That's a NASTY trick to play on your old man!!!:mad: Ya' got me good though. I think that's about the best one ever. :D

Leafs and Flyers tonight. Go Leafs Go! Should be a good game. Go Leafs Go!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap:

Leafs? Yee GAWD!!! I just get my heart rate back below red line and now I have to deal with another loser.:mad: Lost in all the Adam Oats hooplah is a little acquisition we got from the Pens. Ever heard of a guy named Billy Tibbetts? He's the real life version of Ogie Oglethorp. Between Tibbetts and Brashear Ti Domi is a dead man. :laugh: We're gonna crush ya' on the score board too. :thumb:

Originally posted by Shape8
LMAO!! You boys are EVIL!! :tomato:

To put it in your native tongue, "Well DUH!" Us being evil isn't exactly news. Care to be more specific? :scratch:

Hmmm, Ok.... EVIL and ................STUPID!!!!!:rolleyes:

.....Hence the 'starfish':D

Albob, Albob, Albob....when are you going to WAKE UP and realize the Flyers are only a good REGULAR SEASON team, and that they usually stop skating once the playoffs begin?

A Bruins/Flyers Eastern Conference finals would be cool. That would also help secure a Red Wings finals sweep.

The flyers gave up a lot for a 40 year old who will be a free agent at the end of the year. Oats won`t hurt them but he still won`t help them raise lord stanley. :sob: Ya Domi will be a marked man tonight but in the playoffs fighting doesn`t exist much so I don`t care if he takes a pounding, besides the leafs are tougher than just Domi. :mad:

4-1 final in the FLYERS favor. big suprise huh.
getting Oats is huge. the Flyers have 5 good centers and 4 lines. sounds like a good problem to me.
the only team that can give Philly a run for their money is Detroit.
they have how many future hall of famers on that team? alot but guess what, they are too old to make it through the brutal playoffs and will get knocked out by Colorado in conf. finals.
so who does that leave? Philly and Colorado. my money is on Philly.

I personally don't like Tibbetts that much and you won't see much if any of him come playoff time. if or when the Flyers get healthy he will probably be a scratch or go play with the Phantoms.

Originally posted by seyone
I personally don't like Tibbetts that much and you won't see much if any of him come playoff time. if or when the Flyers get healthy he will probably be a scratch or go play with the Phantoms.

Oh hell, I don't LIKE him either, but I'd sure rather have him playing FOR me than against me. I have no proof but I'd bet a substantial amount of money Clarke brought him in as an enforcer once he realized Donald Brashear is actually a player.

Agree with seyone that Detroit is gonna run out of gas either in the first or second round, too old. I'm surprised they've gotten this far, but then again, they've just now reached the tough part of their schedule.

Shmoo: Normally I'd agree that's too much to give up for a 40 year old BUT,
#1 They HAD to replace Jeremy Roenick on a moments notice and can you think of a better replacement than Adam Oats?
#2 The Flyers have draft picks coming out their ass. For any other team to give up a 1st, 2nd AND 3rd pick would be devastating but the Flyers STILL have more than most teams. Also, concerning the goalie whatisname, he's a hell of a net minder but we've already got two that would be starters for most teams and our minor league team has another hot prospect too.

Oh, did I forget to mention? GO FLYERS!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Almost forgot to address this issue.................Thanks Shape8, it's so nice to hear that from someone OTHER than Irontime for a change. :D

The Flyers earned that win last night over the leafs. I thought the game would be a little rougher with a few fights. Both teams have injuries and I don`t want to make any excuses but with Roberts getting hurt last night the Leafs now have six regulars out of the lineup.

I have to admit the flyers should be tough I`ll repeat should because we all know in the last few years we questioned their heart to win in the playoffs. Maybe with the addition of Roenick and the 100% he gives, might rub off on the rest of the team.

But I still like my Leafs chances when healthy.

Originally posted by Shmoo But I still like my Leafs chances when healthy.

If they ever get that way I'd like their chances too. My one mark against them is depth. Even when healthy I don't see them having enough to take them all the way.

As far as the Flyers and their non play-off performances I blame that on poor coaching. It's one hell of a rare occasion that I blame a coach for a team's performance but in the Flyers case I do. It's the coach's responsibility to get a team MENTALLY and physically prepared for a game. Once the game starts there's not much the coach can do, he just has to hope his preparation was good. In the Flyers case it's far too often NOT good. The most glaring example of that was the finals against the Red Wings. That was one of the most poorly prepared team in history. They got to the Stanley Cup Finals playing one style of hockey, better than anyone else in the league. Come finals the coach decided to switch to a different style and they got crushed. One of the few times in history I really thought the coach deserved what he got, a free train tickey OUT of town. Bill Barber will be different. He's one of the original Broad Street Bullies and knows how to win. No let downs this year, we're gonna kick some ass!!!:thumb:

Originally posted by Shmoo
But I still like my Leafs chances when healthy.

how about a healty Philly team, that would be nice to see.

Shmoo, I agree that the Flyers gave up alot or at least what would be alot to any other team. after giving up a 1st, 2nd and a 3rd round pick the Flyers still have a 1st, 2 2nd's , and I belive 2 3rd's. so they are ok that way. yes they had to give up a top prospect but they didn't give up a roster player, that is a big plus.
and yes Oates is old but if and old man can help your team win thats all anyone will be thinking about come summer time.

all the talk i've been doing about the Flyers and they loose 2 straight to Buffalo. how bad is that?!?! they really need to get their shit together and soon.

Hey ALBOB, Flyers squeaked one out against Ottawa last night. They tried to run them out of the building and just couldn't do it. No more Broadstreet Bullies. More like "Boredstreet bumbles." Man they were lucky.

Canucks looked real good and no surprise to me as I have a few of them in a pool.

And tonight GO LEAFS GO!

Philly had superb goaltending last night that held them in it until they woke up and started playing. once the Flyers came out in the third period and especially in OT and really started to play, you could tell that the Sens just couldn't compete.
so Fedetenko's shot wasn't the prettiest but did it go in?? A coach of mine once told me "the only good shots are the ones that go in"

Back