• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Who has the big front squat???

What range do you fall in

• Total voters

The Monkey Man

Magical Apelikemenace
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Whats your all time personal record for the mighty FRONT SQUAT? - :hmmm:

And how deep did you go at that weight?

I didn't vote as I have never gone really heavy. I just started getting into front squats. 185 x 7, 7, 7 with 60 second RIs is the best I have done so far. I go really deep on these. I feel like I can go deeper relative to back squats.

never really went balls out on that lift. used to just go ATF with 225

once i get back to training normally and start my program next week I will shoot for 150kgs (or 330lbs).

I can do about 500lbs...Oh wait, you prolly mean with 2 legs. ;)

I am guessing 280-300 atf, but like cow, I just started doing them. I did them like 5 years ago, but never atf.

There was a big dude doing them yesterday while I was doing my rack version and he had 365 on doing them for reps, but he was not quite atf, and as we all know, there is a huge difference between atf and non-atf.

I am curous what I can max out on with the front squats. I have never done them for a max lift.

Me either, I am guesstimating from my 10RM. Coincidentally, I find rack back squats to be easier than regular back squats, but find rack front squats to be much harder than regular front squats. I think I want to push the weight too far forward out of the rack.

Dale Mabry said:
Me either, I am guesstimating from my 10RM. Coincidentally, I find rack back squats to be easier than regular back squats, but find rack front squats to be much harder than regular front squats. I think I want to push the weight too far forward out of the rack.

What do you refer to as a rack back squat? a high bar squat?

I think I can do +300lbs on my olympic front squat. Last time I went heavy I was hitting 285 comfortably for multiple sets of singles. I could probably get amped and blow up over 300lbs. I am going to work my ass off on my front squat since I have a good amount of time until the next meet. The hardest part about squating is that I do it last every work (after I snatch, clean and jerk and pull) so i am pretty tired by the time I get to them. If I did it as my first exercise I think I could put up 315.

P-funk said:
What do you refer to as a rack back squat? a high bar squat?

Basically instead of a box squat, you squat down until you rack the weight at the bottom and then explode up.

Dale Mabry said:
Basically instead of a box squat, you squat down until you rack the weight at the bottom and then explode up.

oh yea. bottom position squats.

IML Gear Cream!
I've done 260 ATG on the front squat. I'm aiming higher for Christmas.

I have not maxed either, not really ready to until I can keep my damn arms up and not hit my elbows on my legs. I switched grips from the crossover grip to the clean style grip, (correct terminiology?) that one does in oly lifting. Its brutal on my wrists and aches all the way up my forarms, but I'm getting better. I rep 225; I stated doing these seriously three months ago.

The two Mod's posting here sound like little kids. I started to assist Mr. foremanrules with a ATF front squat but didn't need my help and made 260 kg look easy. That is KILO'S guys not lbs

Are you sure that wasn't 260 tons?

Tough Old Man said:
The two Mod's posting here sound like little kids. I started to assist Mr. foremanrules with a ATF front squat but didn't need my help and made 260 kg look easy. That is KILO'S guys not lbs

572lb front squat. doubt it highly.

i never really felt the need to do front squats, conventional ones work fine for me

P-funk said:
572lb front squat. doubt it highly.
Don't doubt it.................laugh at it :laugh: I probably cant back squat more than 350 right now.

ForemanRules said:
Don't doubt it.................laugh at it :laugh: I probably cant back squat more than 350 right now.

:laugh: :laugh:

yea, but it doesn't matter anyway. your sport is not contingent upon strength increases (unless you go for the bench press meet). other than that all you have to do is put on muscle and look ripped.

i think i just put 2-2together since i have started front squat my hang clean has increased big time.....p-funk is this the right thinking

IML Gear Cream!
WantItBad said:
i think i just put 2-2together since i have started front squat my hang clean has increased big time.....p-funk is this the right thinking

defenitly. you can't have a solid clean if you don't have a solid front squat. otherwise you will catch the clean and get buried by the weight and have to bail out.

also when i do heavy cleans i notice some crazy pumps in the traps....just thought id throw that out there

WantItBad said:
also when i do heavy cleans i notice some crazy pumps in the traps....just thought id throw that out there

I get a sloid pump if I do 3-5 reps on my cleans. Usually though, when I do 1-2 reps I notice nothing...lol.

Wow my front squat sucks.

No one over 350 yet?

What about Racoon or some of the really big guys??

The Monkey Man said:
No one over 350 yet?

What about Racoon or some of the really big guys??

I will get over 350 by june and I will be 77kg when I do it.

didnt even post my numbers.....most i've ever done....Lil below parrell (spelling) 315x4

I always end up dropping that shit forward. wtf?

get the elbows up ?

I stupidly tried to get 3 plates on front squat once.

Back