Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter


Fibre + liquids

Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Fibre + liquids

  1. #1
    Ms. Olympia
    jaim91's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,484
    Rep Points
    616023

    Fibre + liquids






    What is the recommended liquid intake for every serving of fibre? Like, should I have one cup of liquid for every half cup of fibre to make sure it doesn't turn into cement in my stomach? What do you guys reccomend?
    Ms. O...HERE I COME! (6 years...?)

  2. #2
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    774
    Rep Points
    692544

    interested in this too.... i eat oats with every shake pretty much...

  3. #3
    Acting Normal...


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Different shades of black
    Posts
    5,554
    Rep Points
    1024185

    Quote Originally Posted by jaim91
    What is the recommended liquid intake for every serving of fibre? Like, should I have one cup of liquid for every half cup of fibre to make sure it doesn't turn into cement in my stomach? What do you guys reccomend?
    What do you mean by a 'serve' of fibre? Do you mean half a cup of a fibre supplement like 'psyllium' or do you mean half a cup of something that has fibre in it (like legumes, vegetables, oats... etc)

    Because if you are taking half a cup of fibre supplement then no wonder it is turing to cement in your stomach!
    ~


  4. #4
    Ms. Olympia
    jaim91's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,484
    Rep Points
    616023

    I usually have half a cup of all bran with psyllium in the morning with my breakfast, and then follow it up with a glass of milk and a 591 ml of pepsi, so about 750 ml of liquid. how much is enough?
    Ms. O...HERE I COME! (6 years...?)

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER


    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    18,563
    Rep Points
    66150404

    You have pop for breakfast


    HAHahahahahaha

  6. #6
    Acting Normal...


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Different shades of black
    Posts
    5,554
    Rep Points
    1024185

    Quote Originally Posted by jaim91
    I usually have half a cup of all bran with psyllium in the morning with my breakfast, and then follow it up with a glass of milk and a 591 ml of pepsi, so about 750 ml of liquid. how much is enough?
    **sigh** I really shouldn't bite... but I will....

    Why don't you just have a proper breakfast?
    ~


  7. #7
    Ms. Olympia
    jaim91's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,484
    Rep Points
    616023

    No, that wasn't my implication at all. I do have a proper breakfast. There's always a muffin or bagel with eggs and usually a protein bar as well. But my classes start at 8 am, and it's hard to get myself going mentally in the morning without some caffeine (and i hate coffee). There's no bait to bite here.

    So please, how much liquid should I be taking with half a cup of fibre?
    Ms. O...HERE I COME! (6 years...?)

  8. #8
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    230
    Rep Points
    10

    You shouldn't need a half a cup of fiber if you are eating right!!! Unless you are having intestinal problems???

  9. #9
    ..is bulking up!
    ELITE MEMBER
    BulkMeUp's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cana-dah
    Posts
    5,681
    Rep Points
    4531477

    Jaim, if you analyse into your food choices for the day, you may not need to add a lot of fibre as you may be getting enough. That is assuming that your everyday diet consists of things like oats/Brown rice/Sweet potato with the skin/Fruits and veggies. This dosent answer your question, but it is something to look into. You can analyse it through nutritiondata.com

    Also if you are not the type to eat a lot first thing in the morning (like me), then make a breakfast smoothie. Oats+Fruit+Protein powder+Skim milk+ Cold Pressed EVOO for fats. Throw in a blender/food processor and blend for several secs on high. This is my everyday brekkie. Takes 5 mins to make and drink.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Gordo's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    O' Canada...stuck in the middle of you
    Posts
    1,084
    Rep Points
    923188

    Quote Originally Posted by BulkMeUp
    Also if you are not the type to eat a lot first thing in the morning (like me), then make a breakfast smoothie. Oats+Fruit+Protein powder+Skim milk+ Cold Pressed EVOO for fats. Throw in a blender/food processor and blend for several secs on high. This is my everyday brekkie. Takes 5 mins to make and drink.
    Another time-saver....turn all that into a breakfast bar....make it in bulk (the equivalent of 8 or 9 shakes....pour into a 8x8 or 9x9 tray.....freeze it a little (like say an hour or 2) cut into 8 or 9 equal bars, throw it in the freezer for storage.

    When you are ready to go defrost in the microwave (like 10-15 secs).....you can eat it on the run.

    8 or 9 days of not having to make breakfast or cleanup the blender mess

  11. #11
    Registered User
    njc's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,890
    Rep Points
    211404519

    Quote Originally Posted by Gordo
    Another time-saver....turn all that into a breakfast bar....make it in bulk (the equivalent of 8 or 9 shakes....pour into a 8x8 or 9x9 tray.....freeze it a little (like say an hour or 2) cut into 8 or 9 equal bars, throw it in the freezer for storage.

    When you are ready to go defrost in the microwave (like 10-15 secs).....you can eat it on the run.

    8 or 9 days of not having to make breakfast or cleanup the blender mess
    I need to start doing more things like this

  12. #12
    Ms. Olympia
    jaim91's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,484
    Rep Points
    616023

    I hate veggies (except for yams and potatoes, but I don't really have those in the morning), and fruit...well, I'm really picky. I have apples, bananas and magoes. But that's about it. And I don't have them every day. This is why I am taking the fibre.

    I still need to know how much liquid I should be taking...
    Ms. O...HERE I COME! (6 years...?)

  13. #13
    Follow @TheUnzippedFly
    soxmuscle's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    do work son
    Posts
    11,374
    Rep Points
    85268843

    i don't understand what the big deal is here. just drink alot of water?
    Age: 22 | Height: 5'8" | Weight: 150 lbs | Penis: 12 inches

  14. #14
    Ms. Olympia
    jaim91's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,484
    Rep Points
    616023






    fair enough
    Ms. O...HERE I COME! (6 years...?)

Similar Threads

  1. Research Chem Liquids
    By F1cTi0n in forum Research Chemicals
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-02-2011, 05:06 AM
  2. Fibre
    By flint blackman in forum Diet & Nutrition
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-18-2008, 11:53 AM
  3. Solids vs liquids
    By jhawkin1 in forum Diet & Nutrition
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-28-2007, 04:38 PM
  4. Healthy Liquids
    By OMNIFEX in forum Diet & Nutrition
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-21-2005, 05:35 PM
  5. what does fibre do?
    By zl214 in forum Diet & Nutrition
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-14-2004, 01:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
DISABLED END -->