• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Fibre + liquids

jaim91

Ms. Olympia
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
What is the recommended liquid intake for every serving of fibre? Like, should I have one cup of liquid for every half cup of fibre to make sure it doesn't turn into cement in my stomach? What do you guys reccomend?

interested in this too.... i eat oats with every shake pretty much...

jaim91 said:
What is the recommended liquid intake for every serving of fibre? Like, should I have one cup of liquid for every half cup of fibre to make sure it doesn't turn into cement in my stomach? What do you guys reccomend?
What do you mean by a 'serve' of fibre? Do you mean half a cup of a fibre supplement like 'psyllium' or do you mean half a cup of something that has fibre in it (like legumes, vegetables, oats... etc)

Because if you are taking half a cup of fibre supplement then no wonder it is turing to cement in your stomach! :eek:

I usually have half a cup of all bran with psyllium in the morning with my breakfast, and then follow it up with a glass of milk and a 591 ml of pepsi, so about 750 ml of liquid. how much is enough?

You have pop for breakfast

HAHahahahahaha

jaim91 said:
I usually have half a cup of all bran with psyllium in the morning with my breakfast, and then follow it up with a glass of milk and a 591 ml of pepsi, so about 750 ml of liquid. how much is enough?
**sigh** I really shouldn't bite... but I will....

Why don't you just have a proper breakfast?

No, that wasn't my implication at all. I do have a proper breakfast. There's always a muffin or bagel with eggs and usually a protein bar as well. But my classes start at 8 am, and it's hard to get myself going mentally in the morning without some caffeine (and i hate coffee). There's no bait to bite here.

So please, how much liquid should I be taking with half a cup of fibre?

You shouldn't need a half a cup of fiber if you are eating right!!! Unless you are having intestinal problems???

Jaim, if you analyse into your food choices for the day, you may not need to add a lot of fibre as you may be getting enough. That is assuming that your everyday diet consists of things like oats/Brown rice/Sweet potato with the skin/Fruits and veggies. This dosent answer your question, but it is something to look into. You can analyse it through nutritiondata.com

Also if you are not the type to eat a lot first thing in the morning (like me), then make a breakfast smoothie. Oats+Fruit+Protein powder+Skim milk+ Cold Pressed EVOO for fats. Throw in a blender/food processor and blend for several secs on high. This is my everyday brekkie. Takes 5 mins to make and drink.

BulkMeUp said:
Also if you are not the type to eat a lot first thing in the morning (like me), then make a breakfast smoothie. Oats+Fruit+Protein powder+Skim milk+ Cold Pressed EVOO for fats. Throw in a blender/food processor and blend for several secs on high. This is my everyday brekkie. Takes 5 mins to make and drink.

Another time-saver....turn all that into a breakfast bar....make it in bulk (the equivalent of 8 or 9 shakes....pour into a 8x8 or 9x9 tray.....freeze it a little (like say an hour or 2) cut into 8 or 9 equal bars, throw it in the freezer for storage.

When you are ready to go defrost in the microwave (like 10-15 secs).....you can eat it on the run.

8 or 9 days of not having to make breakfast or cleanup the blender mess

IML Gear Cream!
Gordo said:
Another time-saver....turn all that into a breakfast bar....make it in bulk (the equivalent of 8 or 9 shakes....pour into a 8x8 or 9x9 tray.....freeze it a little (like say an hour or 2) cut into 8 or 9 equal bars, throw it in the freezer for storage.

When you are ready to go defrost in the microwave (like 10-15 secs).....you can eat it on the run.

8 or 9 days of not having to make breakfast or cleanup the blender mess
I need to start doing more things like this

I hate veggies (except for yams and potatoes, but I don't really have those in the morning), and fruit...well, I'm really picky. I have apples, bananas and magoes. But that's about it. And I don't have them every day. This is why I am taking the fibre.

I still need to know how much liquid I should be taking...

i don't understand what the big deal is here. just drink alot of water?

fair enough

Back