Use Coupon Code SPOOK25 for 25% Discount!

British man cured of AIDS ??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 47
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    min0 lee's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Bronx, NYC
    Posts
    44,754
    Rep Points
    815101801

    British man cured of AIDS ??

    wow...this is a freak of nature, any doctors wanna explain this ? this doesnt make sense at all...

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4432564.stm

    Scotsman Andrew Stimpson, 25 was diagnosed HIV-positive in 2002 but was found to be negative in October 2003.

    Mr Stimpson, from London, said he was "one of the luckiest people alive".

    Chelsea and Westminster Healthcare NHS Trust confirmed the tests were accurate but were unable to confirm Mr Stimpson's cure because he had declined to undergo further tests.

    A statement from the trust said: "This is a rare and complex case. When we became aware of Mr Stimpson's HIV negative test results we offered him further tests to help us investigate and find an explanation for the different results.


    I think I'm one of the luckiest people alive
    Andrew Stimpson

    Bacteria modified to fight HIV

    "So far Mr Stimpson has declined this offer."

    A trust spokeswoman added: "We urge him, for the sake of himself and the HIV community, to come in and get tested.

    "If he doesn't feel that he can come to Chelsea and Westminster then he should please go to another HIV specialist."

    'Miracle'

    There have been anecdotal accounts before from Africa of people shaking off the HIV virus.

    Mr Stimpson, who is originally from Largs in Ayrshire, said: "There are 34.9 million people with HIV globally and I am just one person who managed to control it, to survive from it and to get rid of it from my body.

    "For me that is unbelievable - it is a miracle. I think I'm one of the luckiest people alive."

    Mr Stimpson told the News of the World and Mail on Sunday that he became depressed and suicidal after being told he was HIV-positive but remained well and did not require medication.

    Further tests

    Some 14 months later he was offered another test by doctors, which came back negative.

    He sought compensation but has apparently been told there is no case to answer because there was no fault with the testing procedure.

    He has told the papers he would do anything he could to help find a cure.

    Deborah Jack, chief executive of the National Aids Trust, said: "This appears to be a highly unusual case and without further tests it is impossible to draw any conclusions for people living with HIV.

    "The virus is extremely complex and there are many unknowns about how it operates and how people's bodies react to it.

    "Therefore, if this case were able to shed further light, it could be extremely valuable for research into treatments or a cure."

    Vaccine clue

    Aids expert Dr Patrick Dixon, from international Aids group Acet, said the case was "very, very unusual".

    "I've come across many anecdotal reports of this kind of thing happening in Africa, some quite recently, but it's difficult to verify them," he told BBC News 24.

    "You have to be rock-solid sure that both samples came from the same person, no mix-up in the laboratory, no mistakes in the testing, etc.

    "This is the first well-documented case."

    He said the case was important because "inside his immune system is perhaps a key that could allow us to develop some kind of vaccine".

  2. #2
    Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER
    DOMS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    In a van, down by the river...
    Posts
    32,686
    Rep Points
    1862244849

    It's more likely that it was just a case of misdiagnoses.

  3. #3
    Yuppie
    KentDog's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,053
    Rep Points
    14296577

    The article mentions that there have been people in Africa which dodged the HIV virus. In Microbiology class in high school, we learned this was because they lacked the receptor sites for the HIV virus so the virus could never attach itself, therefore they couldn't get it. Perhaps the man's first HIV test was taken when it was still in the blood stream; second taken when it was no longer present in his system.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    min0 lee's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Bronx, NYC
    Posts
    44,754
    Rep Points
    815101801

    Quote Originally Posted by cfs3
    It's more likely that it was just a case of misdiagnoses.
    Let's just hope that its not the case.

  5. #5
    Elite Kiki
    ELITE MEMBER
    BigDyl's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Securityland
    Posts
    15,728
    Rep Points
    22298690

    Quote Originally Posted by min0 lee
    Let's just hope that its not the case.

    For min0's sake--he's still looking for a cure.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbm8795 View Post
    Oh, I think Americans understand that the one thing conservatives hate the most is the idea of spending American tax money on Americans. . .in America.


    Your tax money is safe. . .in Iraq.
    Total ownage.

  6. #6
    Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER
    DOMS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    In a van, down by the river...
    Posts
    32,686
    Rep Points
    1862244849

    Quote Originally Posted by min0 lee
    Let's just hope that its not the case.
    I'm not sure I agree with this. Perhaps we should have serious disease or two to thin out the human herd.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    min0 lee's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Bronx, NYC
    Posts
    44,754
    Rep Points
    815101801

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDyl
    For min0's sake--he's still looking for a cure.
    I want to inject you with my disease.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    min0 lee's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Bronx, NYC
    Posts
    44,754
    Rep Points
    815101801

    Quote Originally Posted by cfs3
    I'm not sure I agree with this. Perhaps we should have serious disease or two to thin out the human herd.
    Maybe it's natures doing.

  9. #9
    Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER
    DOMS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    In a van, down by the river...
    Posts
    32,686
    Rep Points
    1862244849

    Nature does try to maintain a balance.

  10. #10
    Lift or Die
    ELITE MEMBER
    BoneCrusher's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    8,588
    Rep Points
    10178302

    There are way to man people on this rock I agree. The greatest question is who should we start the culling with? Any nominations?

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    min0 lee's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Bronx, NYC
    Posts
    44,754
    Rep Points
    815101801

    Prison.

  12. #12
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,389
    Rep Points
    31826508

    Quote Originally Posted by BoneCrusher
    There are way to man people on this rock I agree. The greatest question is who should we start the culling with? Any nominations?
    How about... your whole family.

  13. #13
    Registered User


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    12,542
    Rep Points
    15370977

    No money in a cure....................don't hold your breath.
    I highly recommend all IronMagLabs supplements!
    www.ironmaglabs.com

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    min0 lee's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Bronx, NYC
    Posts
    44,754
    Rep Points
    815101801

    Quote Originally Posted by MWpro
    How about... your whole family.

  15. #15
    Lift or Die
    ELITE MEMBER
    BoneCrusher's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    8,588
    Rep Points
    10178302

    Don't be so simplistic MWpoo ... I'm harmless. If we're gonna make an impact with the removal of a single family then pick one with a high degree of self serving destructive tendencies like the Bush dynasty. Then at least you would leave a positive result.

  16. #16
    Monochromatic Bunny
    Vieope's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    drinking coffee..
    Posts
    15,084
    Rep Points
    19251541

    Quote Originally Posted by min0 lee
    wow...this is a freak of nature, any doctors wanna explain this ? this doesnt make sense at all...

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4432564.stm

    Scotsman Andrew Stimpson, 25 was diagnosed HIV-positive in 2002 but was found to be negative in October 2003.

    Mr Stimpson, from London, said he was "one of the luckiest people alive".

    Chelsea and Westminster Healthcare NHS Trust confirmed the tests were accurate but were unable to confirm Mr Stimpson's cure because he had declined to undergo further tests.

    A statement from the trust said: "This is a rare and complex case. When we became aware of Mr Stimpson's HIV negative test results we offered him further tests to help us investigate and find an explanation for the different results.


    I think I'm one of the luckiest people alive
    Andrew Stimpson

    Bacteria modified to fight HIV

    "So far Mr Stimpson has declined this offer."

    A trust spokeswoman added: "We urge him, for the sake of himself and the HIV community, to come in and get tested.

    "If he doesn't feel that he can come to Chelsea and Westminster then he should please go to another HIV specialist."

    'Miracle'

    There have been anecdotal accounts before from Africa of people shaking off the HIV virus.

    Mr Stimpson, who is originally from Largs in Ayrshire, said: "There are 34.9 million people with HIV globally and I am just one person who managed to control it, to survive from it and to get rid of it from my body.

    "For me that is unbelievable - it is a miracle. I think I'm one of the luckiest people alive."

    Mr Stimpson told the News of the World and Mail on Sunday that he became depressed and suicidal after being told he was HIV-positive but remained well and did not require medication.

    Further tests

    Some 14 months later he was offered another test by doctors, which came back negative.

    He sought compensation but has apparently been told there is no case to answer because there was no fault with the testing procedure.

    He has told the papers he would do anything he could to help find a cure.

    Deborah Jack, chief executive of the National Aids Trust, said: "This appears to be a highly unusual case and without further tests it is impossible to draw any conclusions for people living with HIV.

    "The virus is extremely complex and there are many unknowns about how it operates and how people's bodies react to it.

    "Therefore, if this case were able to shed further light, it could be extremely valuable for research into treatments or a cure."

    Vaccine clue

    Aids expert Dr Patrick Dixon, from international Aids group Acet, said the case was "very, very unusual".

    "I've come across many anecdotal reports of this kind of thing happening in Africa, some quite recently, but it's difficult to verify them," he told BBC News 24.

    "You have to be rock-solid sure that both samples came from the same person, no mix-up in the laboratory, no mistakes in the testing, etc.

    "This is the first well-documented case."

    He said the case was important because "inside his immune system is perhaps a key that could allow us to develop some kind of vaccine".
    Dont care. Not reading.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    min0 lee's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Bronx, NYC
    Posts
    44,754
    Rep Points
    815101801

    Because?

  18. #18
    Lift or Die
    ELITE MEMBER
    BoneCrusher's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    8,588
    Rep Points
    10178302

    Bunnies are not affected by HIV ...

  19. #19
    Yuppie
    KentDog's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,053
    Rep Points
    14296577

    Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules
    No money in a cure....................don't hold your breath.
    Very true. It is much more profitable keeping them alive and suffering for the longest period of time in which they will buy RX drugs.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    min0 lee's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Bronx, NYC
    Posts
    44,754
    Rep Points
    815101801

    Quote Originally Posted by KentDog
    Very true. It is much more profitable keeping them alive and suffering for the longest period of time in which they will buy RX drugs.
    Fucked up but so true..........

  21. #21
    Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER
    DOMS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    In a van, down by the river...
    Posts
    32,686
    Rep Points
    1862244849

    Quote Originally Posted by BoneCrusher
    There are way to man people on this rock I agree. The greatest question is who should we start the culling with? Any nominations?
    How about a disease that targets drug users and people having unprotected, promiscuous, sex? You know, one that has a inverted relationship to intelligence.

  22. #22
    Registered User


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    12,542
    Rep Points
    15370977

    Quote Originally Posted by cfs3
    How about a disease that targets drug users and people having unprotected, promiscuous, sex? You know, one that has a inverted relationship to intelligence.
    I agree................but it would be nice if it killed them in a day or less.....so as not to eat up $$$$$ and Hospital staff time.
    I highly recommend all IronMagLabs supplements!
    www.ironmaglabs.com

  23. #23
    cooking up a storm
    ELITE MEMBER
    Stu's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,868
    Rep Points
    353386

    AIDS is a gay persons disease

  24. #24
    Elite Kiki
    ELITE MEMBER
    BigDyl's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Securityland
    Posts
    15,728
    Rep Points
    22298690

    Quote Originally Posted by Stu
    AIDS is a gay persons disease
    Hence why min0 has it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbm8795 View Post
    Oh, I think Americans understand that the one thing conservatives hate the most is the idea of spending American tax money on Americans. . .in America.


    Your tax money is safe. . .in Iraq.
    Total ownage.

  25. #25
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    min0 lee's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Bronx, NYC
    Posts
    44,754
    Rep Points
    815101801

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDyl
    Hence why min0 has it.
    I am not gay, Kefe is.

  26. #26
    Cyber Athlete
    ELITE MEMBER
    Chain Link's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    1,518
    Rep Points
    8253007

    He should thank Jesus.

  27. #27
    Ronnie Coleman RULES!
    ELITE MEMBER
    THEUNIT(XXL)'s Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,397
    Rep Points
    2382341

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Chain Link
    He should thank Jesus.
    kefe should thank jesus??
    ]

    If you always do what you've always done, you will always get what you always got.

    12-12-2002, 07:24 PM Robert DiMaggio
    just think if we deleted the two word only thread, the post whore thread, etc., then their post counts would drop to about half!

  28. #28
    Yuppie
    KentDog's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,053
    Rep Points
    14296577

    Quote Originally Posted by Stu
    AIDS is a gay persons disease
    A lot of people don't know it used to be called GRIDS (the GR stands for "Gay-Related").

  29. #29
    Magical Apelikemenace
    ELITE MEMBER
    The Monkey Man's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New Delhi, India
    Posts
    14,421
    Rep Points
    14936998

    I think the cure for AIDS has always been around...

    Have Problems?... Chances are its due to overpopulation
    Save The Oceans, Save the Planet, Save Your Family, Save Yourself!



  30. #30
    Magical Apelikemenace
    ELITE MEMBER
    The Monkey Man's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New Delhi, India
    Posts
    14,421
    Rep Points
    14936998

    It's DEATH

    Have Problems?... Chances are its due to overpopulation
    Save The Oceans, Save the Planet, Save Your Family, Save Yourself!



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Type-2 diabetes cured with 600 calorie/day diet (*study)
    By Prince in forum Bodybuilding Gossip
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-01-2011, 11:14 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2011, 12:10 PM
  3. he cured me!!!!
    By sussyb in forum General Health & Awareness
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-12-2011, 05:21 PM
  4. British Dragon/British Despensary
    By weldingman in forum Anabolic Zone
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-02-2010, 08:44 PM
  5. Tree man 'who grew roots' may be cured
    By KelJu in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-15-2008, 03:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->