• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Senator Glenn on Bush and the Military.

devildog88

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
> WHAT SENATOR JOHN GLENN SAID
>
> I don't care what your political party is, we should stand
> behind the young men and women who defend freedom
> around the world (from all countries, not just ours)...
> remember, freedom isn't free!!!
>
> WHAT SENATOR JOHN GLENN SAID :
> Things that make you think a little:
>
> There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq in January.
> In the fair city of Detroit there were 35 murders in the
> month of January. That's just one American city, about
> as deadly as the entire war-torn country of Iraq.
>
> When some claim that President Bush shouldn't have
> started this war, state the following:
>
> a. FDR led us into World War II.
>
> b. Germany never attacked us;
> Japan did. From 19 41-1945, 450,000 lives were lost...
> an average of 112,500 per year.
>
> c. Truman finished that war and started one in Korea.
> North Korea never attacked us. From 1950-1953,
> 55,000 lives were lost..an average of 18,334 per year.
>
> d. John F. Kennedy started the Vietnam conflict in
> 1962. Vietnam never attacked us.
>
> e. Johnson turned Vietnam into a quagmire.
> From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost .. an
> average of 5,800 per year.
>
> f. Clinton went to war in Bosnia without UN or French
> consent. Bosnia never attacked us. He was offered
> Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by
> Sudan and did nothing. Osama has attacked us on
> multiple occasions.
>
> g. In the years since terrorists attacked us,
> President Bush has liberated two countries, crushed
> the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors
> in Libya, Iran, and North Korea without firing a shot,
> and captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of
> his own people.
>
> The Democrats are complaining about how long the war
> is taking. But... It took less time to take Iraq than it
> took Janet Reno to take the Branch Davidian compound.
> That was a 51-day operation.
>
> We've been looking for evidence for chemical weapons
> in Iraq for less time than it took Hillary Clinton to find
> the Rose Law Firm billing records.
>
> It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the
> Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it
> took Ted Kennedy to call the police after his Oldsmobile
> sank at Chappaquiddick
>
> It took less time to take Iraq than it took to count the
> votes in Florida!!!!
>
> Our Commander-In-Chief is doing a GREAT JOB!
> The Military morale is high!
>
> The biased media hopes we are too ignorant to realize
> the facts.
>
> But Wait. There's more!
>
> JOHN GLENN (ON THE SENATE FLOOR)
> Mon, 26 Jan 2004 11:13
>
> Some people still don't understand why military personnel
> do what they do for a living. This exchange between
> Senators John Glenn and Senator Howard Metzenbaum is
> worth reading. Not only is it a pretty impressive
> impromptu speech, but it's also a good example of one
> man's explanation of why men and women in the armed
> services do what they do for a living.
>
> This IS a typical, though sad, example of what some
> who have never served think of the military.
>
> Senator Metzenbaum (speaking to Senator Glenn):
> "How can you run for Senate when you've never held
> a real job?"
>
> Senator Glenn (D-Ohio): "I served 23 years in the
> United States Marine Corps. I served through two wars.
> I flew 149 missions. My plane was hit by anti-aircraft
> fire on 12 different occasions. I was in the space
> program. It wasn't my checkbook, Howard, it was my
> life on the line. It was not a nine-to-five job, where
> I took my tie off to take the daily cash receipts to
> the bank."
>
> "I ask you to go with me..as I went the other day...to
> a veterans' hospital and look those men... with their
> mangled bodies in the eye, and tell THEM they didn't
> hold a job!
>
> You go with me to the Space Program at NASA and go,
> as I have gone, to the widows and orphans of Ed White,
> Gus Grissom, and Roger Chaffee... and you look those
> kids in the eye and tell them that their DADS didn't
> hold a job.
>
> You go with me on Memorial Day, and you stand in
> Arlington National Cemetery, where I have more
> friends buried than I'd like to remember, an d you
> watch those waving flags.
>
> You stand there, and you think about this nation,
> and you tell ME that those people didn't have a job?
>
> What about you?"
>
> For those who don't remember .. During W.W.II,
> Howard Metzenbaum was an attorney representing
> the Communist Party in the USA.
>
> Now he's a Senator!

But True nevertheless! This is for all of you non Bush people. Kinda puts things in perspective. However it can be associated with the likes of comparing a gallon of milt or beer to a gallon of Gas!

I smell another stinker.....

c'mon foreman....where's the rebuttle.....snafu?

devildog88 said:
But True nevertheless! This is for all of you non Bush people. Kinda puts things in perspective. However it can be associated with the likes of comparing a gallon of milt or beer to a gallon of Gas!
First of all to even include WW2 in that list is beyond laughable.....and an insult to that generation and those great solders!!!

But I will give you all the rest :thumb: almost every war America has fought since WW2 was wrong and unjustified.....so The Bush Administration is just as bad as all the rest of the immoral pigs that held the office before him and started or involved us in unjust wars.

How does a 20 year old campaign debate morph into a diatribe against opposers of the Iraq war? Are you Bush supporters so incensed that you feel the need to mold any little pseudo-patriotic speech ever made/written into a pillar for the Bush administration? I guess when the ships sinking as fast as it has been you have to resort to shoring up the bulkheads by any means necessary. Blurp, Blurp thats all I've been hearing from the Bush administration lately.

Don't hate on an ex-military guy who shows support to his military and it's leader. Nothing worse then a bunch of commie lovers knocking on the leader of our nation. I'm sorry, but war is not over in one night and I'm tired of people expecting immediate results from what we're doing over here. You ever try to find something in a desert? Do you know who easily things get buried under sand dunes? It could be decades before anything is ever found. And dammit, I sick of this shit that people spew when I'm over here with my life on the line, and all people can do is say what a horrible job Bush is doing. Sorry, if we have a President who sticks to his guns and doesn't cave under pressure. I don't see you volunteering to run for office with your "great ideals". I don't see you volunteering so serve your country that gives you the freedom you hold so dear. John Glenn is a great man, who sticks up for us military folk, among those who just don't get it and never will. :shake: :headbang:

dougnukem said:
Don't hate on an ex-military guy who shows support to his military and it's leader. Nothing worse then a bunch of commie lovers knocking on the leader of our nation. I'm sorry, but war is not over in one night and I'm tired of people expecting immediate results from what we're doing over here. You ever try to find something in a desert? Do you know who easily things get buried under sand dunes? It could be decades before anything is ever found. And dammit, I sick of this shit that people spew when I'm over here with my life on the line, and all people can do is say what a horrible job Bush is doing. Sorry, if we have a President who sticks to his guns and doesn't cave under pressure. I don't see you volunteering to run for office with your "great ideals". I don't see you volunteering so serve your country that gives you the freedom you hold so dear. John Glenn is a great man, who sticks up for us military folk, among those who just don't get it and never will.
Senator Joseph R. McCarthy ?????

Shut it boot licker!

Boot licker? Who licks boot these days? McCarthy...nah, not my style. I'm just one of the little guys that pipes up every now and then to put my 2 cents in because I can.

detroit has millions, last time i checked we dont have nearly that many in iraq :rolleyes:

ForemanRules said:
Yea, I know who he was, I was saying I'm not quite that extreme. I think he had good intentions, but didn't know when to quit. Kind of like Hitler in some ways. Hitler started out as a leader looking out for his country, and somewhere along the way, decided genocide was the right direction.

dougnukem said:
Yea, I know who he was, I was saying I'm not quite that extreme. I think he had good intentions, but didn't know when to quit. Kind of like Hitler in some ways. Hitler started out as a leader looking out for his country, and somewhere along the way, decided genocide was the right direction.

Not quite as extreme as Hitler? :confused: :confused:

IML Gear Cream!
devildog88 said:
> WHAT SENATOR JOHN GLENN SAID
>
> I don't care what your political party is, we should stand
> behind the young men and women who defend freedom
> around the world (from all countries, not just ours)...
> remember, freedom isn't free!!!

This is just more propaganda.

The Total Information and Awareness Act, The Patriot Act I and II.

The U.S. government is taking away our freedoms, but at the same time claims we have to install a Shiite government in Iraq that will be an alley with Iran's new hardline government.

Freedom isn't free, it cost folks like you and me. And, if you don't toss in your buck'O'five, who will?

Freedom cost a buck'O'five.

freedom_isnt_free.jpg

dougnukem said:
Don't hate on an ex-military guy who shows support to his military and it's leader. Nothing worse then a bunch of commie lovers knocking on the leader of our nation. I'm sorry, but war is not over in one night and I'm tired of people expecting immediate results from what we're doing over here. You ever try to find something in a desert? Do you know who easily things get buried under sand dunes? It could be decades before anything is ever found. And dammit, I sick of this shit that people spew when I'm over here with my life on the line, and all people can do is say what a horrible job Bush is doing. Sorry, if we have a President who sticks to his guns and doesn't cave under pressure. I don't see you volunteering to run for office with your "great ideals". I don't see you volunteering so serve your country that gives you the freedom you hold so dear. John Glenn is a great man, who sticks up for us military folk, among those who just don't get it and never will. :shake: :headbang:

This is what happens when Armed Forces Radio broadcasts Rush Limbaugh overseas every day.

Closing of VA hosp a top worry

By MICHAEL SAUL
and DON SINGLETON
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Thousands of men and women who served in the U.S. armed services marched yesterday in a Veterans Day Parade that filled 30 blocks of Fifth Ave.
Young and old, they stepped along from 26th to 56th Sts. to the strains of military bands.

But the conflict in Iraq and the threatened closing of the Veterans Administration Hospital on E. 23rd St. weighed heavily on many, including several public officials who marched.

"A few blocks from here is the veterans hospital," said Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), "and as we speak on Veterans Day, there's an attempt to close it down. I say never."
"You deserve the best health care, and that is why I am fighting to make sure that our great 23rd St. vet hospital, the best in the country, remains open," said Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-Manhattan, Queens).

"We owe an enormous amount, seriously, to our veterans," Mayor Bloomberg said. "They made tremendous sacrifices...to protect the liberty and security of our nation." Bloomberg also pledged to join the others in fighting to keep the VA hospital open.

"We did the job to free people from oppression," said 80-year-old Frederick Carrier, 80, who landed in the first wave at Normandy on D-Day. "In our war, we freed them from the Nazis.... Unfortunately, we're facing an enemy that doesn't wear uniforms anymore."
There are about 160,000 U.S. troops currently in Iraq; 2,059 servicemen and servicewomen have been killed, and 15,568 wounded since the war began on March 20, 2003.

Veterans Day has been a national holiday since May 13, 1938, when Congress passed an act declaring Nov. 11 Armistice Day, a federal holiday. On June 1, 1954, President Dwight Eisenhower changed the holiday's name to Veterans Day.

When Americans talk about "freedom," I start asking them about Strict Construction Constitutional interpretations, First Amendment, the 6th, 9th, 14th.

They get really lost and their eyes get a glazed look and they look away.

Then I talk about the FDA. DEA. Bureau of Tabacco, Alcohol and Firearns, Bureau of Land Management, and recent property rulings by the USSC and state and local governments.

The Americans get lost. Shows how stupid these losers really are.

Mr_Snafu said:
When Americans talk about "freedom," I start asking them about Strict Construction Constitutional interpretations, First Amendment, the 6th, 9th, 14th.

They get really lost and their eyes get a glazed look and they look away.

Then I talk about the FDA. DEA. Bureau of Tabacco, Alcohol and Firearns, Bureau of Land Management, and recent property rulings by the USSC and state and local governments.

The Americans get lost. Shows how stupid these losers really are.
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Its like asking Christians about the Bible.....they don't know anything more than they are taught.....sad!!

You can't have a document that rules a contry as long as our constitution has if it isn't an interpreted piece. When Our forfathers wrote the constitution they couldn't have seen the developments of modern day America. So any of you that believe the constitution should be a strick interpreted piece are lost in a colonial past!

kbm8795 said:
This is what happens when Armed Forces Radio broadcasts Rush Limbaugh overseas every day.
Nah, my opinions (that's right, just opinions :) ) are of my own accord. Besides, I don't get but 2 channels here in Iraq, and haven't heard Rush yet.

I also believe that it is important to support the men and women fighting oversees regaurdless of what you political opinion is....................remember they are preserving the right for you to have an opinion. Ooooooooooooo Rahhhhhhhhhhhh.

devildog88 said:
I also believe that it is important to support the men and women fighting oversees regaurdless of what you political opinion is....................remember they are preserving the right for you to have an opinion. Ooooooooooooo Rahhhhhhhhhhhh.
I support the troops 100% but I don't understand how anyone in the armed forces can defend this adminstration when they want to get rid of VA hospitals ....you have guys who lost limbs or got sick while in action and what do they get in return.

Back